"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jetstream
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2011

Damn, that would be like pissing the OU812 LP. I did think the tracks 5150 and Summer Nights where good tunes but that lasted for about 1 month. That is the main problem with having Hagar as your singer. When the few times he did accomplish anything in supporting Eddie's music, it was because he did not stick out as bad with his irritating vocal sound and lyrics which means you burn out on the song after a few listens...it lacks any depth what so ever. It is a joke that Sammy is in the rock hall of fame because that is reserved for those with staying power. Hagar's work has absolutely no longevity.
    I got lost in the...

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Yount
      Release the 5150 Roth recordings!!! I'd get that.
      Not only that, let's have Dave re-do the rest of the songs on there!

Regardless, Blood and Fire is pretty much what we would have heard from Dave and VH had he never left in '85.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

So many people complain about the fact that Mike Anthony is not involved in the current line up of VH, but to this day, I do not recall the same amount of outrage about the fact that few, if any bass tracks appeared to have been recorded for OU812. Then again, fucking Hagar fans have a tendency to hear, love and defend what isn't really there in the first place.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
          So many people complain about the fact that Mike Anthony is not involved in the current line up of VH, but to this day, I do not recall the same amount of outrage about the fact that few, if any bass tracks appeared to have been recorded for OU812. Then again, fucking Hagar fans have a tendency to hear, love and defend what isn't really there in the first place.
          I totally agree.

MA's increase in stature is pretty funny actually.

I mean come on now, he wasn't the guy who contributed to the songwriting department. His presence was cool and those harmonies worked with Dave's vocals -- but that's about it.

ADKOT totally shows just how expendable Mike was/is.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by chefcraig
            I remember being in my car in college and hearing the DJ announce the new VH song, Black and Blue. That particular car's speakers were accustom to handling a lot of bottom end. I still recall hearing Ed, Sammy and Al's cymbals, all as if someone replaced my speakers with tin cans as some sort of prank. What a disastrous recording. Didn't help any that the songs weren't any good either.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
              I remember being in my car in college and hearing the DJ announce the new VH song, Black and Blue. That particular car's speakers were accustom to handling a lot of bottom end. I still recall hearing Ed, Sammy and Al's cymbals, all as if someone replaced my speakers with tin cans as some sort of prank. What a disastrous recording. Didn't help any that the songs weren't any good either.
              Not to mention the notion that "Black & Blue" pretty much stole it's identity from AC/DC. Take a brief listen, and you'll find the differences between these two songs are minimal, aside from the fact that Brian Johnson's lyrics make him appear to be William Shakespeare compared to Hagar's effort.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Oddly enough, Ed's 2 and a half men riff that ended up in As Is reminds me a pinch of Beating Around the Bush.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

I hope Ed is as good live in 2012 as he was in those 1989 clips...

That's some smooth-ass playing...

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    I hope Ed is as good live in 2012 as he was in those 1989 clips...

That's some smooth-ass playing...

If the Henson Studios set is any indication, he is BACK and KILLING...haven't heard him play that well in ages...
                    Originally posted by conmee
                    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                    Originally posted by eddie78
                    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

I hope so man...

He really was a let-down last tour....

I mean he was good, but not Eddie Van Halen good by any means...

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

I hope so man...

Seems as though getting sober and the surgery have done wonders... you'll see. You know if I thought he was still phoning it in I'd say so - he isn't.
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Good !!

My tickets arrived today...

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

I hope so man...

Yeah. He was really ON at the San Diego show. Watch the vids if you can. But he was very fresh sober and that is a rough spot to be in. Plus I don't know exactly what was wrong with his thumb, but remember the backstage pics someone had that showed the wax spa soak thing for his hand for every show? Listening to the album it sounds like he is really feeling great. Hope that carries over to the tour.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I hope so man...

He was so much better during the second half of the tour IMO (after the 'break').
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                                He was so much better during the second half of the tour IMO (after the 'break').
                                Yep. Judging by the video clips, any of the shows that include him wearing a shirt (post-break) are superior to those where he does not.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...