"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yount
    Commando
    • Jan 2012

New vocalist Chad Smith

Comment

• K-tuna
      Groupie
      • Jan 2012

Makes sense, Chad was one of the first folks tweeting about ADKOT ( along with Slash, ) about how they dug the album. Chad i believe said quote " Alex is playing his ass off on the new album"......something to that effect.
      "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• fourthcoming

When did Will Ferrell join Van Halen? That pic makes me wonder if we will ever see Chad Smith in Chickenfart again.....that's gotta piss off the Spamburgler

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

I'm happy that Sam has been acting like a jealous inferior prick in talking about the new CD and tour.
          It makes me feel like I'm a pretty accurate judge of character... or lack thereof.

Comment

• fourthcoming

The guy is truly making an ass of himself.....it's embarrassing. Almost makes you think all the mudslinging in the mid 80's after the CVH break up was more Sammy driven then Sammy and the brothers. Dave always had class enough to not get wrapped up in that nonsense....didn't initiate, just defended himself and his band.

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Remember when Dave humiliated Sam at the Video Music Awards in 2002...

DLR "What's your favorite Linkin Park song Sam?"
              Spam "Uh... I don't know any Linkin Park songs.."

Sam would have fared better if Dave would have just walked out and pantsed him.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Chad's quote in the first Zloz VH book was great, in fact, Mike and Joe both had quite complimentary things to say about Ed or the band through the two books. There you have it Sam. The rest of your band knows which end is up. So what's your fucking problem? Ya dope.

Comment

• BenJammin
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker

Yeah I remember that. Dave punk'd him in such a deft way that Sam probably didn't realize it for days, if ever.

I'm not a psychologist or anything, just a people watcher, but looking back at moments like that and thinking about Sam's remarks/behavior over the years I have to say this... he is simply a reactionary type person. I don't think there is an original thought in that bloated head of his. He's one of those types that never forges down new paths, instead always riding on the backs of others just doing the same, saying the same, and just reacting to those around him. Even his guitar playing, was it not ALL rehashed cliches and power chords with hardly a memorable riff ?

Whereas Dave has many interests, going his own way trying new things that many of us here at the Army are even surprised to hear. I would bet even if he decided to make and market an alcoholic beverage it would be a distinct fine wine as opposed to bathtub grade tequila. I'm also sure he probably listened to Linkin Park out of pure musical interest and appreciation, and not just to bone up before those VMAs. An active mind and spirit.

Sam's mind is probably on a loop like this ... "Gotta get back in VH so I don't look so lame, gotta sell some tequila, gotta badmouth Dave, I think the world is waiting on me to write another cheesy love ballad, I'm awesome, I love the color red, .... repeat"
                  Last edited by BenJammin; 03-10-2012, 12:06 PM.
                  "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BenJammin
                    I would bet even if he decided to make and market an alcoholic beverage it would be a distinct fine wine as opposed to bathtub grade tequila.
                    no...it would be some absinth called "thunderboltinyourhoneybabysweetdollcheerios" and you could only buy it under the desk...
                    Roth Army Icon
                    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker

Haha ! Yep. Dave knows what's going on in pop culture. Sam looked like the clueless fool that he is !!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

read that, fatso:

Such conjecture has been proven intellectually sound with the release of “A Different Kind of Truth,” Van Halen’s new studio album, its first with Roth since “1984.” Reviews have been all but unanimous in praising the collection as the finest work to bear the Van Halen imprimatur since Roth flew the coop. Hagar — whose best-selling memoir, “Red,” hit the top of the New York Times list last year, at least partly due to its brutal portrayal of Eddie Van Halen — is coming across as a temporary disruption to the “real” Van Halen’s career.

Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• vandeleur
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Sep 2009

Temporary disruptuon ... Like it
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Yount
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2012

41 pages and still going strong!!

I typed: "Stupid Sammy Hagar quotes" in google

Radio Metal: Anyway, does that bother you when you hear people comparing Chickenfoot and Van Halen?

Hagar: Oh, no, I think it's fantastic. Really, it's fantastic. Are you kidding me? If you take Joe versus Eddie, you take Dave versus me, Wolfie versus Mikey, Chad or Kenny versus Al… I mean, come on! You know what I mean? Man for man, who can sing the best? Dave or I, today? Who can play the best? Joe or Eddie, today? Who could play or sing the best? Wolfie or Mikey? I think it's a joke. Sure, I love the comparison as long as it's fair. Not because you're a big Eddie Van Halen fan, you think that he's God, therefore you think that he's better than Joe; you have to be bipartisan and just listen and watch both of them play. Listen, I played with them both, I can tell you right now: there is no comparison today. Never mind the innovator that Eddie was. I'm talking about what they can play today.

So in other words, Chickenfoot is way better than Van Halen?

As individuals, absolutely! I've been in both bands, I can tell you right now. Take the new albums and compare them track by track and then tell me.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Yount
                              Commando
                              • Jan 2012

I know they've been quoted before in this thread... but still...

Hagar: What I've heard so far (ADKOT,) I wasn't impressed with at all, personally. I think in CHICKENFOOT, we've raised the bar a little bit on what a four-piece rock band can do

Unbelievable statement to make!

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

he may as well be saying

'the sky is green, i tells ya!!'

Comment

Working...