Thread: "The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-31-2013 @ 09:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks

The Ched Chunder from '06...
    http://www.melodicrock.com/interviews/sammyhagar.html

Notice Ched is so gracious that he feels he should instigate the Van Halen talk, and of course it's a bitchy swipe:
    "That was the hard thing about the Van Halen tour. We were not able as a band to ad-lib and change it up too much because in order to play a Van Halen thing you have to rehearse for a month per song. So we had to do the same show every night, you know. I'm telling you, after 40 shows I wanted to commit suicide and we did 80!"
    Damn! Too lazy to work on his songs and too lazy to even kill himself.

The interviewer is a Sammy Yes Man.
    MR: And your shows seem to becoming more of a party each and every year.
    SH: Yeah they do. It's the reason…it gives me a reason to do it. Otherwise I would be saying this isn't fun anymore.

We all need booze to enjoy your show too. I on the other hand need only a ticket to another show. I'm easily pleased. Pass on the tequila.

"For me it's half the amount of titties I see by the first…if I haven't seen a nice pair of tits by the first four songs, I go 'this ain't working, I gotta kick it up a bit.'
    Stretch out the neck of your t-shirt and look down.

Starts again on Van Halen. (negative)
    "I wanted to shed the Van Halen thing and I was kinda of like a person who was trying to rebel against his parents at the time."
    Here's what happened. Sammy threw a tantrum in '96 after Ed & Al told him he was a shit lyricist, by retreating into a band he controlled (aka his room aka obscurity) to write further shit lyrics.

"The reason I bring up the tequila thing – it gives me a double reason to come over (to Australia.) The distributor is going to want me to come over and promote the tequila and I'm going to want to come over and promote what I do. It all works the same."
    All about the $$$$ for $cammy

"You know, something could happen in my life – like I could go see a band – a wild example could be some extreme far-out free jazz form band and that would blow my mind and completely set me on a new track.
    I'm open like that…I'm one of those people that loves music and loves style and all that stuff. So anything could happen, but right now I'm just kickin' around the beach."

You have ONE style... mediocre.

"No this record I think is my best song-for-song songwriting I think. Some of my most honest."
    Honestly Sam, you should let somebody else say those words. (Then again who would? Oh... probably Mike)

"It's not any fun to be around Eddie..."
    This is very revealing. I agree with most of what he says here, but I do think Eddie's craziness comes from a curse Roth left. Ed trying to better that legacy, never getting close and becoming frustrated by that with Sammy in the fold.

MR: And you went from 4 weeks on that record (5150) to nearly a year on Carnal Knowledge.
    SH: Yeah. That was kind of intentional.

Live shows just weren't paying as well in 1991. And the next album came in 1995 so I figure they were making a big cash grab so they could do fuck all and live it up for half a decade.

"when I took Dave on tour with me – the Sam & Dave tour."
    So gracious of Dave to let Sam have his name first don't you think? Give him a little ego boost, sardonic motherfucker!

On Dave:"C'mon man, he needs to get over the fact he's not in Van Halen anymore."
    Oh the irony!

"Journey is a great commercial band."
    Don't stop believing Sam

"4 old guys…there's nothing worse than 4 old guys! One's ok, but 4!!!"
    Spooky.

"...he's one of the greatest bass players on the planet"
    Billy Sheehan? Geddy Lee? Michael Anthony!

Over 50% of the interview about VH now:
    "I would be the first guy there saying 'Hey, this is a great band, I want to be part of this.' And I do want to be part of this, but not when you can't."
    Is that like standing the test of time if only time will tell?
    Last edited by Yount; 02-01-2012 at 07:37 AM.

2. 2 users say thank you to Yount for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (02-01-2012),sadaist (02-01-2012)

Thread Information