"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    well...youtube was enough for me...really...won't spend a dime on hagar's shit...
    It was before his recent comments, now I wouldn't give him the $0.99.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
      It was before his recent comments, now I wouldn't give him the $0.99.
      go on his site and ask them back
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

double
        Roth Army Icon

Comment

• DLR Bridge
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm crying laugh tears at work over these Facebook posts. Thanks guys!

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

There was something else about this song as well. Usually Satriani's playing, while technically excellent, leaves me cold but on this song I really connect to his playing. It's the only song I can really say that about, I found it interesting and I bought the song on I-tunes to listen to it some more for that reason.
            There has always been an almost clinical element to the guy's playing, that as you said, leaves a cold feeling. About the only time I've ever heard anything close to expressive playing from him was on that 2 CD Time Machine compilation featuring "Always with Me, Always with You."

By the way, if you've never heard this parody, prepare to laugh your ass off. This came out around the time the brilliant St. Sanders was getting started, performed by a guy named orland0. Seriously, you have to have some fairly decent skills in order to play this poorly.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• gbranton
              Veteran
              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
              There has always been an almost clinical element to the guy's playing, that as you said, leaves a cold feeling.

That's why I'ne never been able to get into him that much. I appreciate it on a technical level but I listen to music to move me, take me places and stimulate my emotions and sadly his playing does none of those things.
              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

That's why I'ne never been able to get into him that much. I appreciate it on a technical level but I listen to music to move me, take me places and stimulate my emotions and sadly his playing does none of those things.
                I hear ya. Hell, you could randomly find more emotion on display in any of those those dozens of Mike Varney/Shrapnel shred-omatic albums that were dumped en-mass on the public in the 1980s (Vinnie Moore, I'm looking at you.) than in Satriani's entire catalog of recorded work. Sure, "Satch Boogie", "Summer Song" and "Surfing with the Alien" are pretty cool tunes (even if they are a bunch of recycled Beck, Bogert and Appice/Cactus/Grand Funk/Brownsville Station/VH "Hot For Teacher" rewrites), but the actual playing leaves you about as exited as an entree of Mrs. Paul's fish sticks.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• george
                  Roadie
                  • Feb 2004

I dropped a bloody stool that had more talent than Sam...

Comment

• wiseguy
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by george
                    I dropped a bloody stool that had more talent than Sam...
                    Ahhhh the blood log...big fan. It does have a beat to it to.
                    Stay frosty now.
                    Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• gbranton
                      Veteran
                      • Aug 2005

the actual playing leaves you about as exited as an entree of Mrs. Paul's fish sticks.
                      You can make a decent sandwich from fish sticks

but you can't make a great song from those licks.

Comment

• gbranton
                        Veteran
                        • Aug 2005

You can make a decent sandwich from fish sticks

but you can't make a great song from those licks.
                        But on the other hand, Sammy Hagar can write a whole song about fish sticks.

"Hey.....all right, I got a fish stick baby, can't catch it with a pole,

Uh......C'mon, wanna dive in your ocean find your tuna roll."

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

But on the other hand, Sammy Hagar can write a whole song about fish sticks.

"Hey.....all right, I got a fish stick baby, can't catch it with a pole,

Uh......C'mon, wanna dive in your ocean find your tuna roll."

Christ, that old joke about rolling the overweight girl in flour in order to find the moist spot just came to mind.

Well played, sir.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Christ, that old joke about rolling the overweight girl in flour in order to find the moist spot just came to mind.

Well played, sir.
                            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• neuralfraud
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Aug 2010

gbranton,

you SIR are WIN.

this also had me in stiches
                              Originally posted by Vain
                              samuel roy hagar, you are a terrible human being. I wish I could hate you into a coma. Eat shit and die.

Comment

• NIN1211
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Jan 2012

Again I love this site...you guys all rule VH 2012.

Hey psycho, please get out of my Van Halen T-shirt before you jinx the band and they break up.

Comment

Working...