"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

One thing I have always enjoyed is playing for people and making them smile. Anyone who has played for people knows the feeling of looking out in the audience and seeing them react to what you are doing. When you can tell they are really digging it you know you are onto something.

In short, people really seem to have liked Wolfie's bass playing at the Cafe Wha? show. He was holding the groove down and it was working. He harmonizes well with his dad on the background vocals. I mean Mike was great but Wolfie seems to be working. I'm sure its going to be a great tour this year.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Texas Outlaw
      Full On Cocktard
      • Jul 2005

Funny that the article says "Readers are giving the eedge to Chickenfoot's new CD'.

Umm, really? Maybe Hagar fans are giving it an edge. I personally think it sucks. I gave it one listen and then never opened it again. It's the same old boring shit. Who cares if Hagar doesn't like "Tattoo"? He doesn't get it. Never has and never will. If I wanted deep lyrics and lovey dovey lyrics I'd listen to Journey or James Taylor or some other crap. When I want sex, drugs, too much whiskey, and fun....I listen to Van Halen, with David Lee Roth.

Hey Sammy....fuck off.

Comment

• Jetstream
        Foot Soldier
        • Dec 2011

How much better of a lyricist is Dave than Spammy? Here is a great example. Take the song Skyscraper and compare it Pleasure Dome by Van Vagabond Hagar. Both songs have a strong foundation to me on Zeppelin's Achilles Last Stand (Dave should have done that song with Ed since they dig the same stuff musically and this example shows), drumming especially and the breaks in time. Here is some of Spammy to get it the hell out of the way and allow Dave to get rid of the bad taste in the mouth it will leave.

"Well now, none of this was planned
        It all just kinda happened
        I got more than I wanted, but how is still a mystery
        Obsessed with this feeling, I trusted it. So I followed it
        I was tripping and stumbling across a land full of miracles

Ow!
        Into a world so far from home
        Miles and miles from nowhere
        Rooms without doors open for me. Oh, no!
        Taking me miles and miles from nowhere

Oh, (miles and miles). Oh, yeah!

Lost, in this pleasure dome
        Lost, in my own pleasure dome

Oh man, I ain't got a clue how to get out
        Or how to find this place
        I want my control back, but I'm afraid I'll lose that feeling. Ow!

Lost in a world so far from home
        I'm miles and miles from nowhere
        Fallin' inside my own pleasure dome
        I'm miles and miles from nowhere

Oh, (miles and miles). Oh, yeah!

Lost in this pleasure dome
        Lost inside my pleasure dome"
        yup, Spammy, you do not have a clue and your lyrics seem to just sort of happen like a fart and you get lost in your own self gratification pleasure dome

now Dave...
        "I can hear the sound
        Of the North Star calling
        Put your high beams on
        Stay on my wing
        I'm falling
        And spinning and turning
        This is ultra-glide
        The beginnings of great things
        Cannot be seen
        By your naked eye

Can you see me now crack the skies like lightnin'
        Mama's little sonic boom
        Is simply frighteninig
        I'm a skyscraper

Float like a buttuerfly
        Acrobatic
        Sting like a B-52
        Dramatic
        And the radar locks on you
        No static"
        yup, no static....FREAKING COOL, that just pumps me up even without music...it is modern poetry that takes pop culture into the mix and Dave always had a knack of using words where they would imply rock and a certain swing and punch even without the music...DUDE writes amazing rock lyrics
        I got lost in the...

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
          You always had a gift for the spot on post .

In a perfect world you'd write for Rolling Stone and some of these others that don't get it, and need to compare new VH to (unmentional band) because someone who gets interviewed every other week told them to.
          Wow. What a cool thing to say. Thanks...I appreciate it.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• neuralfraud
            Head Fluffer
            • Aug 2010

God dammit sammy's lyrics are just plain awful. I can't even bring myself to try and post any of them for dissection because they're a waste of time.

if it wasn't for mikey he'd be all dried up singin' with the hagarita's being the official house band of his own club.

Somehow I have the feeling that if it was just spammy, chickenfoot would never have happened.

"oh but he wrote heavy metal, and 3 lock box! and... i can't drive 55!"

memorable songs they are.. can only remember the chorus!

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
              Head Fluffer
              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
              Dave didn't write these...

and for sure did not write THESE:

She put the cream in my coffee (first thing in the morning)
              Spread hot butter on my biscuit (honeydew my melon)
              Like them cherries on bananas (gonna need a second helping)
              Thats why I'm up for breakfast so early in the morning

Got bacon on the table (first thing in the morning)
              Squeeze some honey on my biscuit (honeydew my melon)
              Spread some cream on my bananas (I need a second helping)
              You know I'm up for breakfast so early in the mornin'
              Ugh. As someone who ignored the Van Hagar incarnation, I had no idea that this piece of dreck ever existed. Sammy should be deported to Siberia for writing those heinous lyrics. "Disco Duck" had better lyrics.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                Head Fluffer
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Zing!
                Please tell me those aren't the actual lyrics to a Van Hagar song (I've never listened to it).

And to think I always figured the Cherone debacle to be Van Halen's low point. Sure makes you appreciate the fact that as a fan of the band, these are good times... aww... you know.
                I cringed at the whole Cherone era, but I have to give Gary credit for always being gracious when talking about Van Halen. I never liked the treacly crap that oozed out of Extreme, but after observing how Gary has gone out of his way to avoid bashing Van Halen, I have much respect for him. He's the Anti-Sam.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                  I feel like throwing Mikey under the bus as well. Didn't he choose to be with Spambo instead of joining =VH=? Plus, did you hear his version of "Somebody Get Me A Doctor" from the last Spamster reunion? It's fuckin' awful!
                  I just read elsewhere that when the Australian festival was canceled a few months ago, Mike and Sam laughed about it. If that's true, Mike is not the "class act" fans claim he is, and he's no better than embittered Sam.

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

No, Cherone is a flaming homo and Sam is a piece of shit who looks like Ronald Mc Donald...

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      No, Cherone is a flaming homo and Sam is a piece of shit who looks like Ronald Mc Donald...

Flaming or not, Cherone has never bashed Van Halen and isn't trying to crap all over the new CD and tour. He's not trying to build a career off of taking shots at his betters.

Comment

• Panamark
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                        I just read elsewhere that when the Australian festival was canceled a few months ago, Mike and Sam laughed about it. If that's true, Mike is not the "class act" fans claim he is, and he's no better than embittered Sam.
                        Yes, they were mocking Van Halen's "disorganisation" and were both 100% convinced that VH couldnt
                        get their shit together.... Which side of their face is that laughter coming out of now ?
                        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Flaming or not, Cherone has never bashed Van Halen
                          Ga y Cherone bashed Van Halen with his lame-ass voice while fingering himself...

Learn to sing it in two part harmony with Dave and Edward...

"Gary Cherone is a fucking flaming homo! La la la licks nutsacks la la la"

Comment

• So this is love
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ELVIS

You're such an angry little bastard... I hope you're not the asian guy at wha cafe b/c I'll smack you little fucker...lol
                            Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• So this is love
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

Flaming or not, Cherone has never bashed Van Halen and isn't trying to crap all over the new CD and tour. He's not trying to build a career off of taking shots at his betters.
                              Cherone is smarter than Hagar, he's having a retirement that you and me can only wish with VH3 only........
                              Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• gbranton
                                Veteran
                                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by So this is love
                                Cherone is smarter than Hagar, he's having a retirement that you and me can only wish with VH3 only........
                                I doubt that, VH III barely went gold and the tour was mostly cancelled. He has probably made more dough with Extreme.
                                "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...