"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
    One of my best friends bought it the day it came out

I did too. I gave it several listens through to be fair. Then I took it back to Tower Records & said it was scratched. They gave me an unopened CD which I then took back in a few days later for a full refund.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Four words on why VHIII sucked balls: How Many Say I

Does anyone have that Howard Stern clip in which he plays that song for Dave?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I like Ed's grizzly Tom Waits voice. Ashame his first recorded dabbling with lead vocals was on such a clunker of a tune. Words were aweful and Gary accompanying came of like he was Ed's vocal coach. If there's a song on Truth with Dave and Ed going back and forth with lines to a verse, no one will have a problem with it. HMSI was a poor gamble indeed.

Comment

• SNIPER
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

I hated all those drum triggers used in some parts of songs. Ed's broom on the porch was a poor attempt at creativity also. That song "From Afar" Just strange I say...

Comment

• Roth & Roll
            Foot Soldier
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            I like Ed's grizzly Tom Waits voice. Ashame his first recorded dabbling with lead vocals was on such a clunker of a tune. Words were aweful and Gary accompanying came of like he was Ed's vocal coach. If there's a song on Truth with Dave and Ed going back and forth with lines to a verse, no one will have a problem with it. HMSI was a poor gamble indeed.
            I always found Ed's voice had a Roger Waters sound to it - not sure how his voice would sound now since the tongue cancer incident. His speaking voice has changed greatly since then. I would assume the same is true with his singing voice.
            http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Maybe Roger Waters on his death bed...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Still, I'd rather listen to Ed's voice than Jack White's. Any day!
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

Eddie's singing voice sounds like a drunk Leonard Cohen.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                    Fuck 'em both. I cannot imagine how bad it must suck for them to try and pull off a tour while the Mighty Van Halen is rolling across America. I hope Sammy really really likes playing in his club in Cabo. Cause that's gonna be the only place he can pull a crowd after this tour is over.
                    Can he even pull a crowd there now?

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

If he hands out free shots all night he might.

Oh dear.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Terry
                        I felt that Anthony should have been asked to tour with the band in 2007-2008. While not being aware of the particulars of Mike's relationship with the Van Halens or Roth, as a fan it seemed appropriate that he should have been there onstage with them...particularly because that was a greatest hits only live cash grab.
                        Five years on, Anthony not being there isn't quite as relevant for me anymore. The Van Halens don't want him there, Roth doesn't seem to care, Anthony seems content to be in Chickenfoot.
                        I mean, at some point you either accept Van Halen for what it is now or you don't.
                        It must be odd for Anthony to see the band remaking unreleased tunes off their old demo tapes, forging ahead, getting an amount of media attention that totally dwarfs Chickenfoot and embarking on a tour that will undoubtedly sell out a round of concert halls that will hold much larger audiences than Chickenfoot could ever dream of filling themselves. And doing it all without [Anthony]. I mean, on some level that's gotta hurt...especially considering how loyal he was to the Van Halen brand...but Anthony was there at the beginning, and regardless of being joined at the hip with Hagar these days, he will always have been a part of CVH.
                        Mike's place within the CVH legacy will always be intact.
                        Hagar's place within the overall Van Halen legacy will always be suspect and, at the most, second-best.
                        Good points. But the supposed laughing at VH's misfortune happened *before* the new VH album, media blitz, tour announcement, etc. It was like they were (or thought they were) kicking VH when they were down.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Oct 2010

Originally posted by So this is love
                          I never cared about Extreme.... i listened to "Once" this aft in the car it reminded me how weird it sounded to me back then...
                          Back in the mid-90s, I was friendly with a woman who had a massive obsession with Gary. I got to a point where if I heard "More Than Words" one more time, I was going to climb up a skyscraper with a rifle and show Charlie Whitman how it's really done.

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
                            Back in the mid-90s, I was friendly with a woman who had a massive obsession with Gary. I got to a point where if I heard "More Than Words" one more time, I was going to climb up a skyscraper with a rifle and show Charlie Whitman how it's really done.
                            Should of just crushed her world by "outing" Gary to her
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• fourthcoming

I have never heard any of Van Halen III with the exception of seeing maybe a minute of some video they made for their crappy single. Don't even know the name of the tune but Eddie was wearing some rediculous Jester hat or something to that effect and I believe he had gloves with no fingertips on too. I was so pissed that after getting our hopes up for a CVH reunion in 1996 and FINALLY ridding ourselves of Hagar the horrible, Eddie and Alex turned to Gary Cherone??? Are you kidding me??? What a slap in the face......thank God DLR Band was a kick ass album. Too bad the rest of the world didn't latch on to that album. I could never understand how that wasn't a huge comeback album for Dr. Dave.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I too agree that it would have to be odd for Mike at this point in light of the older material being used, but his partnering up with Sammy has, in more recent times, brought out a side of him that is not so classy. The intro to Sam's book, the chiming in on laughing that the Soundwave Revolution fell apart, he's just kind of cornered himself as Sam's toad.

On a different note, I love that Mike, Joe and Chad have all contributed words of praise towards either Ed or the whole CVH band in both of Zloz's books. That has to sting a little, huh Sam? Chump.

Comment

Working...