"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yount
    Commando
    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Carmine
    When he sang "There must be some kind of way...that we can make it right"

I'd follow with "Yes, there is...Get Dave back!"
    Exactomundo! Even in 98 when Eddie was sprouting all that shit about "Gary is my brother, has elephant balls, sings like a angel, this is the singer i've been looking for etc" bulldust I could just hear it in the songs man, this was a temp deal. Gary was always pretty humble about it and the tour was mostly a Roth nostalgia trip....

If anything it was the solo album that Ed never made. He took Sammy on board '85 and had all those vultures around him living off him, he was forced into the whole sold out crystal pepsi deal. Then he makes III and WB reluctantly lets it out, refuses to do another with Gary. To me it sounds like Ed saying to Dave "Hey I've cut the cheese, this isn't for the charts, respect me Dave?" Maybe.

Did Sammy VH have a better album? 5150, FUCK? Are these more listenable than III? Whaddya reckon fellas?

Comment

• Yount
      Commando
      • Jan 2012

*an angel* sorry

Comment

• Carmine
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Yount
        Did Sammy VH have a better album? 5150, FUCK? Are these more listenable than III? Whaddya reckon fellas?
        The only thing Hagar/ VH did that I ever thought was good was when they played his song "one way too rock"...

Van Halen..in particular, Ed and Al....made that song so much better...

Comment

• Yount
          Commando
          • Jan 2012

The only thing Hagar/ VH did that I ever thought was good was when they played his song "one way too rock"...

Van Halen..in particular, Ed and Al....made that song so much better...
          the opening song from Live Without A Band (1986).
          "Check the hands on the clock it's 8:05 it's time to rock, and this world can't disagree they don't understand how it should be, oh yeah... there's only one way to suck cock." der nernt ner chi chi dern no ner nern
          yeah it's catchy enough, that's all Sammy went for. I'm not gonna act all high and mighty. When I was 10, that shit sounded cool to me, but the path kept on you see, and old Dave keeps on walking outta sight in front of me. I never see Sammy cos he's always so far back

yeah I can list my Sammy (VH) listenables (like you, Ed and Al and Mike's cool bass n high mullet vocs sure help!)
          - Dreams (under another band name - this song is pure 80's coke-delusion! Nice solo too)
          - 5150 (hate the reverb-to-the-maxx drum intro)
          - pleasure dome (barely a Sammy song)
          - top of the world (just the oooh ooohs in the bridge and then the solo, it's one of my favourite solos!!)
          - de ja vu (nostalgic old riff - Sammy doesn't kill it till the chorus)
          - humans being

he's had moments, i'll give him that, but in reality it's Van Halen that were having the moments - Sammy, like always is riding on the coattails with his hand out for cash. He used Halen for cash and (some) fame. I'll never forgive him for that.

Comment

• Carmine
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

in reality it's Van Halen that were having the moments - Sammy, like always is riding on the coattails with his hand out for cash. He used Halen for cash and (some) fame. I'll never forgive him for that.
            Exactly...

Comment

• fourthcoming

the opening song from Live Without A Band (1986).
              "Check the hands on the clock it's 8:05 it's time to rock, and this world can't disagree they don't understand how it should be, oh yeah... there's only one way to suck cock." der nernt ner chi chi dern no ner nern
              yeah it's catchy enough, that's all Sammy went for. I'm not gonna act all high and mighty. When I was 10, that shit sounded cool to me, but the path kept on you see, and old Dave keeps on walking outta sight in front of me. I never see Sammy cos he's always so far back

yeah I can list my Sammy (VH) listenables (like you, Ed and Al and Mike's cool bass n high mullet vocs sure help!)
              - Dreams (under another band name - this song is pure 80's coke-delusion! Nice solo too)
              - 5150 (hate the reverb-to-the-maxx drum intro)
              - pleasure dome (barely a Sammy song)
              - top of the world (just the oooh ooohs in the bridge and then the solo, it's one of my favourite solos!!)
              - de ja vu (nostalgic old riff - Sammy doesn't kill it till the chorus)
              - humans being

he's had moments, i'll give him that, but in reality it's Van Halen that were having the moments - Sammy, like always is riding on the coattails with his hand out for cash. He used Halen for cash and (some) fame. I'll never forgive him for that.
              LWAN I will never understand. Van Halen alienated their hardcore CVH fans in one fell swoop by opening with a Hagar tune.......your Van friggin Halen and that's the first song you choose for your first official live recording? How rediculous is that? That was like a big middle finger to all the people who supported the group from it's inception. They made it pretty easy to jump ship and side with Dave....especially after hearing Eat Em and Smile and the monster musicians Dave assembled to play with him.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

"one way too rock"

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  oine waiy toi roick!!!
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Won whey two rok...

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

I guess there's more than one way...

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Noticed the house cleaning in the forums today... you missed one. This thread should be in the dump rather than main... I'm just sayin...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          Noticed the house cleaning in the forums today... you missed one. This thread should be in the dump rather than main... I'm just sayin...
                          It's simply a matter of convenience, having a one-stop-shop for the constant deluge of Hagar announcing how much he is over Van Halen and moving onward, then proving it by having just about daily interviews knocking the band.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            It's a scarecrow for Van Hagar fan newbies.

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by mohican
                              Was Gary scared shitless locked up with a crazy chick or was he kind of pleased?
                              No idea, since I never met him and she's the one who told me about it. She seemed to hold onto some shreds of him paying attention to her and holding out hope that she was really THE ONE meant for him, not his girlfriend.

Comment

• njbill
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Mar 2006

Heh I was trying to find these Van Cherone songs on Youtube because I never listened to any of them and found this nugget.

Comment

Working...