"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • njbill
    Full On Cocktard
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Carmine
    The only thing Hagar/ VH did that I ever thought was good was when they played his song "one way too rock"...

Van Halen..in particular, Ed and Al....made that song so much better...
    To this day the way to rock eludes Sam Hagar LOL.

Comment

• njbill
      Full On Cocktard
      • Mar 2006

Who are we kidding, this is fucking terrible

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Wow...I've NEVER listened to that before.........

That might be the worst thing I've ever heard on a Major Label................

Heads should have FUCKING ROLLED for releasing that steaming pile.........................

I'm thunderstruck at how incredibly AWFUL that was............................................... ..................................

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by njbill
          Who are we kidding, this is fucking terrible

God damnit! I may never get over that now. Why did I push play? Why I say!!!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
            Wow...I've NEVER listened to that before.........

That might be the worst thing I've ever heard on a Major Label................

Heads should have FUCKING ROLLED for releasing that steaming pile.........................

I'm thunderstruck at how incredibly AWFUL that was............................................... ..................................
            Well, heads did roll, in a sense..... the first one being Cherone's (who ironically had very little involvement in that particular shitty track).

All reports from the Mushroom $tarks at the time suggests that Van Danniels second album was nearly complete in November 1999, when Ga y was unceremoniously dumped from the band. Logic suggests that WB heard a rough mix of the album, and knew it would tank as badly as VDIII did, so they told the band "Fuck this shit. Lose the ballerina and get Roth back in the band, or you're off the label"

Took another 6 years and three horrible new Hagar turds to do it, but WB finally made good on their threat. They even passed on the opportunity to release a REAL Van Halen hits compilation (one with no cheddar on it) to cash in on the 2007/08 reunion tour.

I'll bet someone at WB kicked themselves the moment "Tattoo" hit the airwaves, but after two shitbricks (VDIII and the Hagarized BOVII in 2004) in a row labeled "Van Halen", it seemed like a sound business move at the time to drop them.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Jetstream
              Foot Soldier
              • Dec 2011

I think the lp cover to VH III was pretty accurate...the guy getting the cannon in the gut was the Van Halen fan base
              I got lost in the...

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

It comes as a surprise that you guys never had heard "HMSI" before now. Since we are in the middle of the lunchtime hour here on the East coast, I'll do you all a favor by NOT posting the live version, which would ruin your meal. The audience in the clip was similarly moved.

The follow-up to VHIII was being produced by Danny Kortchmar, who had worked wonders for Don Henley and a handful of other decidedly middle-of-the-road artists. His sole attempt at producing hard rock was Neil Young's virtually unlistenable album Landing on Water. One can only imagine how VH's album would have fared.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Heh I was trying to find these Van Cherone songs on Youtube because I never listened to any of them and found this nugget.
                  Put a shirt on please Tenniscourt!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    It's a scarecrow for Van Hagar fan newbies.
                    Didn't Dave use the Wizard of Oz quote "How bout a little fire scarecrow?" back on the Bar-B-Q video?
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I first heard HMSI when they had the full album preview on the radio back in 1998.

I have not heard it since and have no desire to. Even for a laugh - because I wasn't laughing in 1998 nor would I be today if I listened to that piece of dung again.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• VAiN
                        Use my hand, I won't look
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Heh I was trying to find these Van Cherone songs on Youtube because I never listened to any of them and found this nugget.
                        Say what you want about ga y, but that's a smokin cover right there..
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                          Didn't Dave use the Wizard of Oz quote "How bout a little fire scarecrow?" back on the Bar-B-Q video?
                          Live, in front of your naked, steaming eyes!!

American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

You guys are complaining about How Many Say I and One Way to Rock.

trust me that's nothing compared to the Hag track "Let Sally drive"

If you ever hear that you will be that much more stupefied that the Hag could ever critique Tattoo.
                            makes Footnote sound like fuckin Mozart.

Comment

• njbill
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by VAiN
                              Say what you want about ga y, but that's a smokin cover right there..
                              I agree Nuno can play and Extreme has good background vocals. That Queen medely they did at the Freddie Mercury tribute concert was fantastic. Cherone seems like a good guy, I wish him no ill will.. its not like he tried to sweep the DLR catalog under the rug, he encouraged Ed to play more of those songs I believe for that VHIII tour.
                              Last edited by njbill; 01-23-2012, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Jan 2004

That Freddie Mercury tribute was really amazing when you think of the combinations of people playing together that you'd never see.
                                You saw musicians out of their element or doing things they don't usually, like Iommi playing nonSabbath stuff for example.

anyone who likes even a little bit of the Queen catalog should check that one out.

Comment

Working...