"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Most of the crowd wouldn't have known who they were.

Comment

• gbranton
      Veteran
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by VAiN
      Say what you want about ga y, but that's a smokin cover right there..
      But not the best one I've heard. I think Jack Russell sounds phenomenal here:

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Roth & Roll
        Foot Soldier
        • Feb 2004

I have much more respect for Cherone than I'll ever have for Spam-bot - Cherone at least respected the legacy of this band and didn't let his ego get in the way of trying to perform Classic Van HALEN tunes in concert. Spam-bot did everything he could to shit all over that legacy, and pretend it never existed.
        http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• 78/84 guy
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by gbranton

I was afraid too listen but it was good. I always liked Jack. Talked to him many times. I hate what happened that awful night. He is a good singer. This would sound a little better live though. Who played guitar ?

Comment

• 78/84 guy
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Jagermeister
            God damnit! I may never get over that now. Why did I push play? Why I say!!!
            Goddamn Ed !!!?? I thought it was a Pink Floyd song at first !! I have heard about this tune, Who told Ed he could sing ? What the fuck, terrible. Some of the piano is cool but really ?

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by gbranton
              You could say he sounds on fire...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                I was afraid too listen but it was good. I always liked Jack. Talked to him many times. I hate what happened that awful night. He is a good singer. This would sound a little better live though. Who played guitar ?
                Dweezil. I bought this 10 years ago and listened to it once.

Having Jake E Lee do RWTD was completely pointless, like getting Stu Hamm to do the bass.

Comment

• So this is love
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

[QUOTE=Roth & Roll;1599787]I have much more respect for Cherone than I'll ever have for Spam-bot - Cherone at least respected the legacy of this band and didn't let his ego get in the way of trying to perform Classic Van HALEN tunes in concert. Spam-bot did everything he could to shit all over that legacy, and pretend it never existed.[/QUOTE]

Mind you I don't want this fucKER hagar to scream any CVH song...God he has an annoying bitches voice... How would you like your eggs???
                  Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Terry
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                    Well, heads did roll, in a sense..... the first one being Cherone's (who ironically had very little involvement in that particular shitty track).

All reports from the Mushroom $tarks at the time suggests that Van Danniels second album was nearly complete in November 1999, when Ga y was unceremoniously dumped from the band. Logic suggests that WB heard a rough mix of the album, and knew it would tank as badly as VDIII did, so they told the band "Fuck this shit. Lose the ballerina and get Roth back in the band, or you're off the label"

Took another 6 years and three horrible new Hagar turds to do it, but WB finally made good on their threat. They even passed on the opportunity to release a REAL Van Halen hits compilation (one with no cheddar on it) to cash in on the 2007/08 reunion tour.

I'll bet someone at WB kicked themselves the moment "Tattoo" hit the airwaves, but after two shitbricks (VDIII and the Hagarized BOVII in 2004) in a row labeled "Van Halen", it seemed like a sound business move at the time to drop them.
                    It probably still was a sound move from WB's perspective to drop Van Halen from the label.

I mean, by 2005, all indications were that Van Halen (and Eddie in particular) were washed up...and they couldn't get it together with Roth...and considering what even the biggest-selling albums move in terms of the amount of units sold these days, why bother hanging onto a unit as problematic as Van Halen?

After BOBW and the awful tour that followed, would any WB exec with a modicum of sense be thinking to themselves that they should continue having VH on the label, because in only 7 short years the band will finally get their shit together enough to actually release a full-length album with Dave?
                    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by 78/84 guy
                      . I always liked Jack. I hate what happened that awful night. He is a good singer.

Are you meaning the Station fire? Or this video of Jon Lovitz impersonating him?

it's at the 2:10 mark. Sad

Deserves the humiliation after swearing to never play this song live again.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
                        I have much more respect for Cherone than I'll ever have for Spam-bot - Cherone at least respected the legacy of this band and didn't let his ego get in the way of trying to perform Classic Van HALEN tunes in concert. Spam-bot did everything he could to shit all over that legacy, and pretend it never existed.
                        Well, I'll have more respect for Cherone in that limited sense re: giving props to CVH. Certainly agreed on that. Said respect really doesn't translate into a higher degree of talent or listenability for Cherone over Hagar, vocally or lyrically.

Cherone didn't have enough sense to realize that after the debacle of 1996, the Van Halens had poisoned the well for ANY 3rd singer the band were gonna bring into the fold...

...although releasing a goddamn awful album (VHIII) didn't exactly help matters in terms of putting the 1996 debacle behind them.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Extreme are one of the only bands I've heard Roth badmouth although I guess that was more about 1996 than anything that happened when they supported him in 1991.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                            Extreme are one of the only bands I've heard Roth badmouth although I guess that was more about 1996 than anything that happened when they supported him in 1991.
                            Nuno is a talented player, but the band did zip for me, song-wise.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                              Cherone didn't have enough sense to realize that after the debacle of 1996, the Van Halens had poisoned the well for ANY 3rd singer the band were gonna bring into the fold...
                              Maybe he suspected it might but he still had to put food on the table. Extreme had run their course by 1996 and I'm guessing they didn't make enough to set themselves up for life.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Gary was in a no-win situation. I mean, how could anybody turn down that gig down? But to have to take it right after the '96 VMA fiasco...you know the guy had to know the chances of it turning out good were slim to none. And his little fairy dances on stage didn't help his chances
                                American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Working...