"The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DlocRoth
    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

So why no interviews?

It's just got to be that they can't talk about Sam.

How can you not as an interviewer bring up the fact that Van Hagar sold twice as many albums as classic VH?
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DlocRoth
      So why no interviews?

How can you not as an interviewer bring up the fact that Van Hagar sold twice as many albums as classic VH?
      Seems like they are talking to the media a lot in the past month. Albeit scripted.
      If you are an Attention whore like Hagar, it would be killing him that they dont
      even bother to mention him
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by DlocRoth
        So why no interviews?

Oh there will be interviews. as far as Sam goes, isn't Dave the king of the non-sequitur? He'll Obi Wan the interviewers into realizing there are way more important things to talk about than Sam, like which hotel has the best tasting mints left on the pillows.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
          What actually went down when they did the live show in Miami?
          i talked to Brian Young after Dave's HOB show here in Cleveland. what was that, '06? told him i thought they got a raw deal, and that i felt Dave was set up to fail. he says "we were absolutely set up to fail." we talked a little about the Miami thing, and how Dave was telling Brian hey, we're gonna get through this, and it's gonna be okay.

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          We had them at DDLR but lost them.
          that is not entirely true...

Originally posted by Seshmeister
          We should have been better organised but part of the problem was 4 hours of mp3s a day was mounting up to be awkward to move around and to be honest I think the majority of people even on the site only listened when it was reported that Roth had said something about his music.
          it got to the point where i felt why record them, when CBS was putting the clips online? so we just posted their links. we had a pretty good idea the show was ending when it did, so yeah i recorded the last day. someone gave us one show i didn't record, we called it the "lost show" but i don't remember if that was from the Miami week or when Dave went off on management.
          Last edited by twonabomber; 01-24-2012, 01:37 AM.
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
            Oh there will be interviews. as far as Sam goes, isn't Dave the king of the non-sequitur? He'll Obi Wan the interviewers into realizing there are way more important things to talk about than Sam, like which hotel has the best tasting mints left on the pillows.
            I don't think for a minute that we're gonna hear one word from Dave about Sam, or Chickenfoot, or Mikey, or anything remotely close to talking about the dark years that Eddie put us through. What's he gonna talk about? Gary's Dance Of The Flaming Assholes he did onstage when he was fronting Dave's former back-up band???
            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• DlocRoth
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

I don't think for a minute that we're gonna hear one word from Dave about Sam, or Chickenfoot, or Mikey, or anything remotely close to talking about the dark years that Eddie put us through. What's he gonna talk about? Gary's Dance Of The Flaming Assholes he did onstage when he was fronting Dave's former back-up band???
              See thats what Im kinda thinking.....

These guys are going to just erase Van Hagar from the world's collective memory.

ZERO mention. No live interviews. Scripted words about Van HALEN. As in 1983, 1984, 1984 1/2, 2007, 2008 etc. Those other years never happened.

Which in a way kinda sucks...... But it's fucking brilliant!

And like Pana said, It's the perfect parting shot to the bloated moose.
              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i have a feeling there will be a Guitar World interview, but i don't think they'd get Ed to go over how Dave got back in the band.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Hence the mad Obi Wan skills of Mr. DLR. Believe me, they're gonna ask.
                  Last edited by DLR Bridge; 01-24-2012, 01:34 AM. Reason: 'm fukin' tired

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    i have a feeling there will be a Guitar World interview, but i don't think they'd get Ed to go over how Dave got back in the band.
                    yes mate, ed has just used gw to whore gear for 20 years. it'll be very interesting to see if we get a repeat of 95's 'one big bottle, now it's all gone' spiel.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by ashstralia
                      It'll be very interesting to see if we get a repeat of 95's 'one big bottle, now it's all gone' spiel.
                      I thought that was an interesting analogy Ed had going with that line. Too bad it wasn't reeeally all gone, for his sake.

"sss. S'anything left in that bottle?"

"yeah"

"over here....over here."

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

and meth. crikey, that's one drug i'll die without trying!

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

GW..."Ok, so how did Dave wind up back in the band?"
                          Ed..."Uhhh...well....Uhhh...I chase tone man, you know? I chase tone."
                          GW..."Ok, Dave, so how did you wind up back in the band?"
                          Dave - "I AM Van Halen motherfucker!"

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

GW..."Ok, so how did Dave wind up back in the band?"
                            Ed..."Uhhh...well....Uhhh...I chase tone man, you know? I chase tone."
                            GW..."Ok, Dave, so how did you wind up back in the band?"
                            Dave - "I AM Van Halen motherfucker!"
                            Nice work !
                            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

he's in...so who cares...
                              Roth Army Icon
                              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• DONNIEP
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                                he's in...so who cares...
                                Exactly!!! "So what do ya think about the new single???" "I can't think...I'm dancin' "

Comment

Working...