Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,680 of 2249

Thread: "The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-04-2013 @ 08:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Tour pass from Spam's 82 tour...

Nothing's changed.....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 3 users say thank you to sambo for this KICKASS post:

NIN1211 (03-12-2012),Nitro Express (03-12-2012),Unchainme (03-12-2012)

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Tour pass from Spam's 82 tour...

Nothing's changed.....

No fucking way. Is that real?

Truth in advertising.

* I wonder now if For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge was Sams idea. All the stupid acronyms or whatever.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

Hardrock69 (03-13-2012)

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Driving the kids home from swimming lessons yesterday and 'When It's Love' came on the radio (thank God they were asleep). As an interesting experiment in audio torture, I decided to see if I could get through the whole song without puking/turning off the radio. First off, it's just a horridly sappy song - and my immediate impression was: man, what the hell happened to Eddie Van Halen? This song proves that the Haggar years just neutered the guy creatively. The song had a decent guitar solo that kind of sounded like David Gilmore, but otherwise the Delilah radio-friendly keyboards and "nah nah nah's..." were enough to make my stomach churn - and I hadn't even gotten to Spammy's lyrics yet!

Man - where to begin? Admittedly, I haven't listened to this song in probably 20 years or more, but I can't imagine that I ever liked it - even when I was foolishly defending Ed back in the late '80's early '90's. Haggar's voice is awful in this song. Truly, truly awful. Almost as bad, in fact, as Cherone's on 'Van Halen III.' I could almost see this song being a template for how they recorded Gary on that album: "Sing like Sammy did on 'When It's Love' and you'll be fine." Grating, screeching, barely listenable. Spammy's vocals on any given song are suspect at best, but on this one track in particular, his voice is obnoxiously terrible - with a few notes being like a rubber glove fitted with roofing nails being dragged across the chalkboard in the 'Hot For Teacher' video. I made it through the entire song, but the residual effects were staggering. I had a stomach ache the rest of the night and had to down some Pepto before going to bed. Damn - what the hell was I thinking? Never again will I try to consume that much cheese in one sitting...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,267 Times in 1,488 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yount View Post
    41 pages and still going strong!!

I typed: "Stupid Sammy Hagar quotes" in google

Radio Metal: Anyway, does that bother you when you hear people comparing Chickenfoot and Van Halen?

Hagar: Oh, no, I think it's fantastic. Really, it's fantastic. Are you kidding me? If you take Joe versus Eddie, you take Dave versus me, Wolfie versus Mikey, Chad or Kenny versus Al… I mean, come on! You know what I mean? Man for man, who can sing the best? Dave or I, today? Who can play the best? Joe or Eddie, today? Who could play or sing the best? Wolfie or Mikey? I think it's a joke. Sure, I love the comparison as long as it's fair. Not because you're a big Eddie Van Halen fan, you think that he's God, therefore you think that he's better than Joe; you have to be bipartisan and just listen and watch both of them play. Listen, I played with them both, I can tell you right now: there is no comparison today. Never mind the innovator that Eddie was. I'm talking about what they can play today.

So in other words, Chickenfoot is way better than Van Halen?

As individuals, absolutely! I've been in both bands, I can tell you right now. Take the new albums and compare them track by track and then tell me.

Oh dear.
    Well, I suppose it'd be unfair to expect Hagar would come right out and say that Van Halen 2012 was "better" than Chickenfoot.

Personally, I have no interest in even listening to Chickenfoot to see how well they're playing or what they're playing this year and then comparing that to Van Halen.

It's just amazing that Hagar has to go on and on in various interviews about Van Halen...meanwhile, they have NOTHING to say about him. Roth did the same sort of thing in the 80s and 90s, but at least he had a sense of humor about it. Hagar comes off like he's desperate. Doubtless Van Halen 2012 is swamping Chickenfoot commercially in terms of album and ticket sales.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I wanted to post this pic but didn't want to start a whole new thread. So why not in the Hagar Hate thread? lol And it does kinda fit the subject. Much like Sammy in Van halen......

You're doing it wrong.

Mustache goes over the top lip & just under the nose bro. You must have been really bad at pin the tail on the donkey. Either that or your bathroom mirror is from the funhouse.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries

The first time I heard "Hellooooo Baybeeeee!" and then a lyric storyline that sounded like a horny ten year old I got ill.

Fools, I Live With Fools
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2015 @ 05:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post

The first time I heard "Hellooooo Baybeeeee!" and then a lyric storyline that sounded like a horny ten year old I got ill.
    Dave would have turned this into something good..Spam talking about his appetite...should have been a warning sign to his future lyrical intentions..."PoundsCakes", "Hungry For Breakfast"..."Finish What Ya Started"(probably food related as well)....are we truly sure he isn't saying "Hellllllooooo Graaaaaavvvvvy?" in the beginning of this?

10. Thanked NIN1211 for this KICKASS post:

SNIPER (03-12-2012)

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2019 @ 07:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ha. Even the album cover is gay !

12. Thanked SNIPER for this KICKASS post:

NIN1211 (03-12-2012)

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I would agree that the music would have been cool with Roth doing his own thing. This was written the same time "Blood And Fire" was. Both were in that movie I think.

14. Thanked SNIPER for this KICKASS post:

NIN1211 (03-12-2012)

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-31-2013 @ 09:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Good enough.

I reckon that's about the effort Van Halen put into their music post '85.

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Saying Van Hagar is gay is offensive to all the gay people. I'd say Hagar is a shame for all the sexualities, all sex, male, female, cross, and all ethincities.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

You know, seeing that pic of Chad hanging out with the VH family, I bet it really chaps the Fat Fuck's ass....his own drummer, hanging out with his mortal enemies...HAVING FUN!....and there is not a goddam thing he can do about it.

Worthless cocksucker.

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
    I would agree that the music would have been cool with Roth doing his own thing. This was written the same time "Blood And Fire" was. Both were in that movie I think.

I still say the actual song 5150 is fucking great. Take out the singing and musically it's a gem. The drums are insane & fun with tons of fills & trills and the guitar riff is reminiscent of Little Guitars.

(and I don't wanna hear about Alexs electric drum bullshit. I still think they sound great on this song)

19. Thanked sadaist for this KICKASS post:

SNIPER (03-13-2012)

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    (and I don't wanna hear about Alexs electric drum bullshit. I still think they sound great on this song)
    Agree. Think he was just trying to put some distance between the Roth songs and the new stuff by going octagonal. I think they all tried to change it up a bit.

Sammy taking the band into love/relationship territory was risky stuff though, cos everyone splits and divorces and then hates those together songs they shared like When It's Love.... Stay frosty forever!!!

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-16-2019 @ 09:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Even if they wrote the greatest music in the world (which they didn't), with Hagar singing, it would still be like fucking a hot chick with a yeast infection.

Admittedly, I haven't heard a lot of it, but I'm sure some of the riffs could have rocked...with a totally different approach. Hagar makes everything sound like a mid 80's Sylvester Stallone movie montage to me.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

http://www.hennemusic.com/2012/03/sa...m-new-van.html

Sammy Hagar has been making a habit of slamming the new Van Halen album, something the Red Rocker did for months before the record was even out.

Now that he’s heard some of it, Sammy still thinks the band missed the mark.

"I don't listen to much new music unless I hear a new song on the radio, and the last bands that did that to me were the Black Keys and Kings of Leon,” Hagar tells the Boston Phoenix. “When I heard 'Tattoo,' that single — and I saw the video because everybody kept sending it to me like, 'My god, have you seen this?' . . . 'Oh my god, you must be laughing your ass off!'— it wasn't a song that made me run out and buy their record. And so I haven't heard it. I haven't downloaded it, I haven't done anything.”

Hagar didn’t discuss why he’s had a change of plans on this in recent months: he told Rolling Stone last fall, “I'll be the first guy waiting in line at the record store, if I could find one anymore. I'll be really curious [to hear the new VH].”

“I heard another one that was kinda goofy too,” Sammy continues, “and then I heard, on the radio, 'She's the Woman,' and I thought that was kinda cool. That one sounds like what I would expect from Van Halen, a little closer to it. The other stuff didn't sound like what I was expecting, that's for sure."

As for the matter of today's Van Halen playing only songs from the Roth catalog while on tour, Hagar says that it must be hard for Eddie and Alex to have to ignore a gaping section of their career. "The difference between Dave and I in that band, besides all the other million things,” says Sammy, “is that he can't sing any of the Van Hagar-era songs. Maybe he could do 'Finish What Ya Started,' possibly — so that makes it kind of weird for [Alex and Eddie] I think to take 11 years out of that thing."

Hagar’s experiencing a convenient memory lapse here: during his tenure with VH, he would regularly agree to perform only four (4) songs from the entire Roth era (and one of those was a Kinks cover) – the one that made the band a household name before his arrival. In other words, Sammy did his best to ignore a dozen years of VH history himself.

Now that the Hagar-led Chickenfoot are preparing to embark on a spring tour – more than six months after the release of “Chickenfoot III” – he discovered the band has a date in Los Angeles bookended by a pair of Van Halen shows, something that initially had him pissed at the promoters.

"First I said, 'What the f**k are you doing putting us the same time as Van Halen?'" Hagar says now. "It's just gonna cause a needless competition between the fans, and I don't like that. I want the fans to feel like they can love Van Halen and that they can love Chickenfoot totally the same. I don't have any way of competing with those guys; you can't compete with Van Halen. I'm part of that legacy, how could I go out and compete with something I'm part of? I don't look at us like that, but I know some people do. You want to go see Van Halen one night and see us the next and compare us, you want to do that? Roll up your sleeves and come on. I welcome it, because I think this band is smokin'."

God this guy is a jealous fuck.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

"First I said, 'What the f**k are you doing putting us the same time as Van Halen?'" Hagar says now. "It's just gonna cause a needless competition between the fans, and I don't like that. I want the fans to feel like they can love Van Halen and that they can love Chickenfoot totally the same. I don't have any way of competing with those guys; you can't compete with Van Halen. I'm part of that legacy, how could I go out and compete with something I'm part of? I don't look at us like that, but I know some people do. You want to go see Van Halen one night and see us the next and compare us, you want to do that? Roll up your sleeves and come on. I welcome it, because I think this band is smokin'."
    Sweet, tap-dancing Jesus. The shit-fer-brains can't even make it through a single paragraph without contradicting himself.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Sam is a piece of shit.

Its no wonder VH supposedly turned down a cover story with Rolling Stone. They keep catering towards this stupid fuck.

25. Thanked Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

Unchainme (03-13-2012)

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-16-2021 @ 10:37 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I wanted to post this pic but didn't want to start a whole new thread. So why not in the Hagar Hate thread? lol And it does kinda fit the subject. Much like Sammy in Van halen......

You're doing it wrong.

Mustache goes over the top lip & just under the nose bro. You must have been really bad at pin the tail on the donkey. Either that or your bathroom mirror is from the funhouse.
    I think I found this guy's dad...

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-20-2023 @ 05:14 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You're doing it wrong.

That would be way cooler if he had a big handlebar mustache as well.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TwoFoolsAMinute View Post
    That would be way cooler if he had a big handlebar mustache as well.
    Yup. Just add a goofy hat, earring and a knife in his mouth and he could be the old logo for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

29. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Unchainme (03-13-2012)

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

After a long cold week of battle with Redheads my time has come to an end. I have been banned from all FB pages Gaygar.

31. Thanked SNIPER for this KICKASS post:

NIN1211 (03-13-2012)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-24-2018 @ 08:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Molly has the last laugh...that is if he knows how to. What a tool.

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That damn Molly.

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

That damn Molly.
    Angel and Becky need to keep it up I guess, lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk

Fools, I Live With Fools
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Angel and Becky need to keep it up I guess, lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using Tapatalk
    Still Fighting the good fight as we speak....no holds barred!

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Was I the only one that got banned ?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,991 Times in 3,230 Posts

Blog Entries
    After a long cold week of battle with Redheads my time has come to an end. I have been banned from all FB pages Gaygar.
    Pissed in the Cabo Wabo bottle did ya?

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Pissed in the Cabo Wabo bottle did ya?
    One would think a little piss in the Cabo would help it.

Fools, I Live With Fools
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Was I the only one that got banned ?
    Gettin there...me and Paul are still bringin' it

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I posted that I was gonna wipe my ass with Spams book and set it on fire on you tube for them to see. hehe ...

41. Thanked SNIPER for this KICKASS post:

NIN1211 (03-13-2012)

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NIN1211 View Post
    Gettin there...me and Paul are still bringin' it
    Keep up the good fight, bro.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2015 @ 10:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I was watching a show about South Park (BIG fan here) on Comedy Central the other night and I had seen it several months ago but for some reason didn't catch this quote. Trey Parker is talking about how he and Matt Stone work together and how even though Trey writes all the scripts he still considers them to be partners and that South Park wouldn't work without them both. He makes a rather entertaining anology:

44. 3 users say thank you to gbranton for this KICKASS post:

BumBahDeeDah (03-14-2012),Dave's Bitch (03-14-2012),Unchainme (03-14-2012)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-29-2016 @ 10:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I really hate to say this (not) but if cancer needs to strike someone it should be this dillushional dumb SOB....

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

nah, i still maintain that wishing death on anyone is bad karma.

the pwnage is in the reviews; 'the hagar years were nullified' etc.

and blood and fire. that song is his eulogy.
    stay frosty

47. 2 users say thank you to ashstralia for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (03-14-2012),Yount (03-14-2012)

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-12-2020 @ 06:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

"your facts are all mixed up. I have it on very good authority that Alex wanted to join Sammy and Mike, but didn't want to break Eddie's heart. It was Sammy and Mike who fired Eddie and Alex. Also, I listened to ADKOT (a buddy's copy, cuz I won't buy it) and Eddie's playing is clearly subpar now; any guitarist will tell you why -- Sammy made Ed's playing way better, and Sammy's absence makes Ed average."

This one really cracks me up... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

(From Noah Bozos)... "we Redheads are like a sick cult; we're like Jimmy Buffett fans on a combo of steroids, crack and Hamburger Helper. We are the most loyal fans in rock. We're the only "Army" out there."
    Sounds like Cleveland Browns fans. A bunch of fuckin' faggots.

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    "The difference between Dave and I in that band, besides all the other million things,” says Sammy

He must be referring to the few more million albums Van Hagar has sold!!!

So he says man for man Chickenfoot are better than Van Halen - then he won't bookend them live because people will compare.

Then he concedes that you can't compete with Van Halen - FAIR ENOUGH!.... but then goes on to say HE was a part of that legacy and that you can't compete with that.

This guy does not not which way he is peddling his bike! Publicly!!! HA!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    This is entertaining...

Hager's "Jilted Ex-Wife Syndrome" is hitting critical mass. How dare they schedule 2 exquisite dinner parties with his little gig in the middle... He can't cuntpete... Two lavish events with champagne and caviar hosted by the Toast Master General™ serving up Prime Rib...

Then there's the ChickenShit Clam Bake serving up Shit Sambitches, Budweiser and Beanie Weenies... no wonder he's whining like pig being ass fucked... by a Brahma bull.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,435 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gbranton View Post
    I was watching a show about South Park (BIG fan here) on Comedy Central the other night and I had seen it several months ago but for some reason didn't catch this quote. Trey Parker is talking about how he and Matt Stone work together and how even though Trey writes all the scripts he still considers them to be partners and that South Park wouldn't work without them both. He makes a rather entertaining anology:

Wow. That's a great find!

52. 2 users say thank you to DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

gbranton (03-14-2012),Unchainme (03-14-2012)

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

IF SAM DOESN'T WANT A COMPETITION BETWEEN THE TWO BANDS WHY DOES HE SAY PERSON FOR PERSON CHICKENFOOT IS BETTER THAN VAN HALEN?

I couldn't help myself.

Thread Information