Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 54142434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,200 of 2249

Thread: "The Ched Chunkhead Opens His Insufferable Piehole And Inserts Both Feet" Thread

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    I don't care that it got dumped, but just an FYI for everyone....

Sarge put out instructions for us several months ago that he wanted us to refrain from "dumping" threads, including Hagar ones in Main specifically....
    It didn't bother me that it was in main. Easy to find to vent rage every time the prick opens his trap...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

One constant: No matter what forum it resides in, the truth is not up for debate - SAMMY SUCKS. Just sayin'.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

Jérôme Frenchise (05-22-2012)

FROGALLIC
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    One constant: No matter what forum it resides in, the truth is not up for debate - SAMMY SUCKS. Just sayin'.
    Right on! Maybe your present post could be automatically displayed whenever any thread about him is opened?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2021 @ 11:13 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I tried to resist to post this photo again, but failed.
    And now that the red worm was flushed.......

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-31-2013 @ 09:11 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Grand Re-opening of the Cabo Wabo Cantina in Tahoe

May 02, 2012

It's been a great week re-opening the Cabo Wabo Cantina in Tahoe, and the place looks great. There is a drawing tonight, too! For each Sammified Rum drink purchased, receive a ticket for the drawing. Prizes include signed copies of Red, a signed poster of Sammy, and a pair of tickets to Friday's Chickenfoot show! Ask your server for more details; drawing will be between 10:30-11 PM.

Tomorrow there's another drawing, following the same format, but for tickets to Saturday's show.

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I know this probably doesn't belong here, and I know EVH & Al are kicking arse right now so that's why I'm hiding this in here... and it is essentially about Sammy and the name change of Van Halen in '85. Watch from 7:50 onwards and Al slips up saying Van Halen is (was) a new band, but then realizes that a new band would obviously have a new name.

Again, Hagar should have demanded the band change names. Even Van Hagar would have sufficed. He wanted maximum $$$ and the prestige of being in "Van Halen" which by then had become a fair decent brand as well as band.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yount View Post
    I know this probably doesn't belong here, and I know EVH & Al are kicking arse right now so that's why I'm hiding this in here... and it is essentially about Sammy and the name change of Van Halen in '85. Watch from 7:50 onwards and Al slips up saying Van Halen is (was) a new band, but then realizes that a new band would obviously have a new name.

Again, Hagar should have demanded the band change names. Even Van Hagar would have sufficed. He wanted maximum $$$ and the prestige of being in "Van Halen" which by then had become a fair decent brand as well as band.

Weird. They talk shit about Panama, Unchained & Dance The Night Away? LOL! Arguably 3 of their best songs ever and these 2 idiots talk shit about what Dave did to the songs. Umm, yeah guys....he made them timeless classics.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,508 Times in 1,989 Posts

Hey, it's his site. If he wants a Clichegar thread dominating Main, then it should be moved back.

I fucking hated opening up Main and seeing this thread about that fucker, constantly at the top of the page. But hey, what do I know? I am out of the loop on all the site stuff these days.

I have waited 28 years for new Van HALEN music, with a new tour. One where they are changing things up, and giving us a great setlist, with great shows. I will just concentrate on that stuff. If I want to read Clichegar threads in Main, I will go to the Links.

Ed and Al have chosen to forget that fucker was ever in the band. I prefer to do the same thing.

I probably should have just stayed in the fantasy football thread anyway!

10. Thanked Von Halen for this KICKASS post:

mh5150 (05-23-2012)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Sarge put out instructions for us several months ago that he wanted us to refrain from "dumping" threads, including Hagar ones in Main specifically....
    The difference now is that once a thread goes into the DUMP, it is no longer automatically closed and thus rendered unavailable for folks to post/comment on.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The difference now is that once a thread goes into the DUMP, it is no longer automatically closed and thus rendered unavailable for folks to post/comment on.
    That is true. But (and I could be wrong about this) I thought Sarge's rationale was that there should be one Hagar thread in Main, as a way of hopefully preventing people from starting a new thread every time Hagar said his latest moronic thing. Like it or not, that's what people have done from the very beginning of this site's existence.

Also, having this thread in Main allowed the Main mods to merge threads with this one. Now that it's in the Dump, only webbies can do that, I think.

13. Thanked Guitar Shark for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (05-23-2012)

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wherever she resides, no matter
    I will visit her for laughs and chatter

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Every time I listen to the new album ADKOT I'm blown away and totally aware of how much it is truly burying the name Sammy Hagar, who has turned from famous to infamous now that a different kind of truth has been revealed.

Internetmaimment*TM
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-12-2017 @ 06:39 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    That is true. But (and I could be wrong about this) I thought Sarge's rationale was that there should be one Hagar thread in Main, as a way of hopefully preventing people from starting a new thread every time Hagar said his latest moronic thing. Like it or not, that's what people have done from the very beginning of this site's existence.

Also, having this thread in Main allowed the Main mods to merge threads with this one. Now that it's in the Dump, only webbies can do that, I think.
    I thought that was the rationale as well, it was just a "Lie-ing Rod" to catch all the Spambo chatter...otherwise more started each week by sheep in wolves clothes.

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I like that Van Halen was always against the grain, against popular, an exclusive type of music. Sure Jump was mainstream and massive but the majority don't know all the cool tracks like... Romeo Delight, Dirty Movies, Full bug, D.O.A., take your pick there's a heap of 'em.

Maybe peaced out Sammy dude in his heart of hearts wanted us all to come together with love and has some grand uniting world vision, but with hindsight it looks more and more as though he was just selling out (cliched lyrics and albums and couple of half-baked US tours and a widening gap between each subsequent album + the Live: Right here right now "effort") just seems like he (they) was going for a wider appeal in order to make more money and coast a little slower and rest on those laurels a little longer.

Sammy's attitude and philosophy is AT TOTAL ODDS with what "Van Halen" stands for. Those brothers should have got off the crack pipe and actually paid attention to who they were going to hire, TWICE! Sammy could sing (technically ) but didn't have the lyrical talents and Gary was apparently a "nice guy" who couldn't sing.

You could just picture a wasted Ed taking a piss next to Mitch Malloy or whoever and now he's the new lead singer!! Not too much thought about it because in Ed's mind... it's only about him anyway, the fans don't care who the singer is right? Heard him say that before.

I'm just glad to see Dave is back helping steer the boat.

18. Thanked Yount for this KICKASS post:

Coyote (05-24-2012)

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post

OK, by way of compromise, how's this: It ends up in NON-DLR/VH? In this manner, the halfwit's baloney is no longer a part of prioritized VH/Dave business, and joins the ranks of nominal tabloid fodder, amongst the usual outrages such as drunken celebrity episodes, bizarre, sub-human behavior and farm animal molestations.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

I had put it in HOM.... For as horrendous as it is, Hagar and Chickenshit are musicians, no?

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I had put it in HOM.... For as horrendous as it is, Hagar and Chickenshit are musicians, no?
    No. Chickenfood are to musicians what KFC is to food and MTV is to music.

22. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

Yount (05-25-2012)

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2019 @ 07:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

CF is like a can of cheese wiz and Mike is the chicken in a biscuit cracker. If I had photo shop I would make the special edition can.
    Last edited by SNIPER; 05-24-2012 at 09:40 AM.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    06-21-2021 @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

If Chad can get back with the, Chili Peppers and unlearn all this shit he has produced with Hagrol. I would perhaps consider him the only musician in the bunch.

Having a band and playing music doesn't mean to me that you are a musician. The thinnest of deffinitions ..maybe.

They may be something somewhere else but Haggis Roll ain't listenable..more like Penn Jilletts, asshole mouth soup.

Stupid as can be, set to music.

Odds are more than great, the soon to be released Peppers album will suck out loud, due to Haggis half life fallout.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

26. Thanked ThrillsNSpills for this KICKASS post:

DLR Bridge (05-24-2012)

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clarathecarrot View Post
    If Chad can get back with the, Chili Peppers and unlearn all this shit he has produced with Hagrol. I would perhaps consider him the only musician in the bunch.

Having a band and playing music doesn't mean to me that you are a musician. The thinnest of deffinitions ..maybe.

They may be something somewhere else but Haggis Roll ain't listenable..more like Penn Jilletts, asshole mouth soup.

Stupid as can be, set to music.

Odds are more than great, the soon to be released Peppers album will suck out loud, due to Haggis half life fallout.
    Oh for Christ sake, don't slam Joe Satriani simply because of Bette... Satch is an incredible musician....

28. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (05-24-2012)

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2013 @ 11:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks

That's what I don't understand, someone as accomplished as he is teaming up with three guys who can't hold a candle to him musically. I don't know how that could even be enjoyable to play really stupid songs like "Come Closer."

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loucap81 View Post
    That's what I don't understand, someone as accomplished as he is teaming up with three guys who can't hold a candle to him musically. I don't know how that could even be enjoyable to play really stupid songs like "Come Closer."
    I believe this isn't a Band... Ched Hagg has paid three guys probably some big money to show up and make him look good.

They aren't a super group together to make money..it is a smoke screen to make Hagg look like he is a big dog in the bizz. Insted of what I think, a guywho rode the wave DLR and CVH created many years ago.

Hagg Solo Sukked,, Mod success with his first gig singing,,, lame success with Cluck Shoe....he sucks .

The three palyers are making bank and that is all.

Pool filters cost money you know.

31. Thanked clarathecarrot for this KICKASS post:

Yount (05-25-2012)

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh for Christ sake, don't slam Joe Satriani simply because of Bette... Satch is an incredible musician....
    I am not one to buy lyricless music I don't even know if Satch writes worded music or he just plays and instructs other players perhaps inspires due to his talent level I was being Harsh ..My Bad.

MA will always have my best wishes due his work on the SixPak...but noy much else catches my ear...so My Bad again.

I do however know Chad and the rythms he has layed down with The Chili Peppers would make Buddy Rich come out or the grave and get on that Jazz Set to get back up ontop .

I think he fenom on that Hot Jazz Set.

Chad Smith is the only one in that group that i am concerned about as far as WTF!! was he thinking...has to be big money hired gun stuff.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I believe this isn't a Band... Ched Hagg has paid three guys probably some big money to show up and make him look good.

They aren't a super group together to make money..it is a smoke screen to make Hagg look like he is a big dog in the bizz. Insted of what I think, a guywho rode the wave DLR and CVH created many years ago.

Hagg Solo Sukked,, Mod success with his first gig singing,,, lame success with Cluck Shoe....he sucks .

The three palyers are making bank and that is all.

Pool filters cost money you know.

This almost resembled a coherent statement...and I think you're on to something there...

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The 'foot is a huge step down for Satch and Chad, that's for sure.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

For the first time today I heard another Chickenfoot song besides Come Closer. The only reason I heard of Come Closer was because someone posted it in another thread.

Anyway, that song is "Soap on a Rope" or some stupid title like that. I checked it out as it appears to be one of their "hits." Satriani was absolutely shredding in it but it's a lowest common denominator rock song otherwise. I would think that Satch's fanbase is probably not happy about him wasting time in Chickenfoot and is dying for him to do another solo tour.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

For the first time today I heard another Chickenfoot song besides Come Closer. The only reason I heard of Come Closer was because someone posted it in another thread.

Anyway, that song is "Soap on a Rope" or some stupid title like that. I checked it out as it appears to be one of their "hits." Satriani was absolutely shredding in it but it's a lowest common denominator rock song otherwise. I would think that Satch's fanbase is probably not happy about him wasting time in Chickenfoot and is dying for him to do another solo tour.

I consider myself part of Joe's shred fanbase, and yes -IMO, CF is beneath him.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I am not one to buy lyricless music I don't even know if Satch writes worded music or he just plays and instructs other players perhaps inspires due to his talent level I was being Harsh
    Do yourself a favor and download Surfing With The Alien (the album), you won't be disappointed....

38. 2 users say thank you to Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (05-24-2012),SNIPER (05-24-2012)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,435 Posts

Do yourself a favor and download Surfing With The Alien, you won't be disappointed....
    After that, about three or four songs of the Extremist, then that's about it.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    After that, about three or four songs of the Extremist, then that's about it.
    Do yourself a favor and download Surfing With The Alien (the album), you won't be disappointed....
    I have listened to Satch in the past.
    I don't know why but instrumental lead guitar.. seems to me to need a big band and some brass in there like Tommy Dorsey or with Doris Day up there filling in around the needed parts.

Or Rick Braun or some brass soloist ...ya know..?

I can't get my head around a heavy metal band without the addition of a lead singer. Or like I used to llisten to alot of Chic Corea and that ilk..etc.. but lead guitar instrumental doesn't flip my trigger mixed with big rock back up

I have some Secret Garden that I play when chilling.

Satriani is supurb and I have always know that if I palyed guitar I would get it more, perhaps ...No harsh at all on, Satch...

I can almost promise you it is my tin ear that holds me back from relating to this style of music.

To me Satch and Mahlmsteen (sp) these guys are destined to inspire others who wish to become or learn the intracasies(sp) of music...and they do .I can't stress my non- harsh on the individual tastes involved.

But Chad Smith is one of my favorite drummers still alive and kicking it....some people probably think he sucks.

Some people probably pay to see Cluck Shoe it's a crazy world ...
    Last edited by clarathecarrot; 05-24-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

OK, by way of compromise, how's this: It ends up in NON-DLR/VH? In this manner, the halfwit's baloney is no longer a part of prioritized VH/Dave business, and joins the ranks of nominal tabloid fodder, amongst the usual outrages such as drunken celebrity episodes, bizarre, sub-human behavior and farm animal molestations.
    I honestly don't care... I'll send you a PM.

I am A Root Vegetable
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

But Chad Smith is one of my favorite drummers still alive and kicking it....some people probably think he sucks.

Some people probably pay to see Cluck Shoe it's a crazy world ...
    This however does seem to flip my trigger ...I can see the vocals in the air man!!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Good to see you around Lou............

agreed....Satch is slumming....I think the general consensus is that they actually thought they'd be the 2nd coming of van haggis.....appeal to those ageing soccer Mom's......not realizing they've all tuned into IDOL & nolonger pay attention to even SHITTY music............

CHICKENSHIT.......a "self-proclaimed" "Super-Group".....that very few give even a flying fuck aboot...............

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Had that when I was 15. A must have!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I seriously wouldn't know that they were touring, or who was in the band besides Hagar and Anthony, if not for this site. They are completely irrelevant to anything, and they're not making music that pushes any boundaries. They're simply selling a product to middle aged people who like watered down, "safe" rock music. But they're not even good at doing that. The only people showing up to their concerts are absolute die-hard Hagar and Satch fans. And it's not like Satch, despite his prodigious talent, ever sold out arenas in the first place.

I'm not surprised in the least bit that they got 500 people for that Atlantic City show they just did. I'm trying to think, who made their name in a famous band, and can also personally continue to get people to pack arenas no matter if he's solo or in a new band? Roger Waters and David Gilmour when they do solo tours every couple years? That's all I can think of.

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

There was that one Satch album in the early 90's that he sang a few songs on. I liked it. I had a KNAC badge ( actually my talented friend had one and he made me a fake) at that time to see him at The Whiskey. Awesome show with only invited guests and me.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That and the Time Machine live album are the only albums you really need, even though you'll find yourself listening to roughly five or six tunes from both sets. Having said that, those same six or seven tracks clearly outshine anything (as well as everything) in the Chickenfeed catalog.

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

That and the Time Machine live album are the only albums you really need, even though you'll find yourself listening to roughly five or six tunes from both sets. Having said that, those same six or seven tracks clearly outshine anything (as well as everything) in the Chickenfeed catalog.
    Not of this earth, Surfing with the alien, Flying in a blue dream, The extremist, Time Machine, Engines of creation, Strange beautiful music, Is there love in space?

I have these and they're great. Engines of creation may be the exception. I like listening to these and going into Joe's world, but sorry, I do not enjoy Sammy's world anymore.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,562 Times in 3,449 Posts

Sammy Hagar should be placed in a giant paper bag, doused with lighter fluid, placed on someone's porch so he could be mashed all over someone's foot...

50. Thanked Nickdfresh for this KICKASS post:

Unchainme (05-25-2012)

Thread Information