Van Halen - The Downtown Sessions - "You Really Got Me" Video...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    A reacharound doesn't need to be gay.
    Explain

Comment

• silverfish
      Foot Soldier
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
      The only thing we're not playing Ed, is around
      Heh, yeah. I love that line.
      Originally posted by sadaist
      I don't mind that one Nickelback song. I just hate the fact that they put it on every album 10 times.

Comment

• kwame k
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        So would you rather go back to The Van Halen Dark Ages, where we didn't see nor hear anything for years on end?

You'd rather them not release any videos or pictures, just release the album?
        Exactly, our favorite band giving shit away to their fans......

When have we ever had this much access to this band and from the looks of it, they're happy and showing a side we've never seen before!

Those bastards
        Originally posted by vandeleur
        E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

So would you rather go back to The Van Halen Dark Ages, where we didn't see nor hear anything for years on end?

Maybe so...

Maybe the Van Halen mystique would be better kept intact...

But i'm not knocking the unplugged idea, just kinda expected the performance to be better...

It's Van Halen, it should be good...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
            Full Member Status

• May 2010

Nice Va.

.I that would be me.. not being a musician, as in; needing to see Ed or Al or the Van Hagar years to keep up with what Ed or whattever what.. was sounding like ... Had no need for it and bieng a Roth preffered customer, haven't heard a note (sept radio that I couldn't reach the nob of) or seen a video of Van Halen in any form since 1984 and i mean the year...agree with you ,Dark Ages is a understatement from my perspective as far as I am concerned this is the first time I have seen or heard wanted or needed Ed since 84 and I like him more than I did back then...
            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• DiverDowninKy
              Groupie
              • Dec 2011

Good stuff on a hump day. Never thought I'd live to see the day Van HALEN would release all this stuff.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                Explain
                Have you never done it?

The process of, while penetrating a partner from behind (Either anally or vaginally), reaching around and playing with his/her genitalia. Contrary to popular belief, not only a homosexual act.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                  ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Edward was pretty damn good there. Dave looks like it is killing him to be sitting down, lol
                  sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Mr Walker
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Sometimes I start to sympathise with Eddie not wanting to release anything any more because it was a lose-lose situation with some people.
                    I've heard that's 95% of the reason why it took so long to get this new CD.

Fuck, if the internet were around back in the day there'd be a large group of knuckleheads who would have bashed 'Fair Warning' when it was released after 'WACF'....
                    "waaahh... it's to dark!" "waaahhh... where's the party music"... oh here's the party music on 'Diver Down'... "waaahhh... it's all covers!" "waaahhhh... it's not as good as Fair Warning"
                    Last edited by Mr Walker; 01-18-2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                      Veteran
                      • Jun 2005

Elvis, good to see you back bro'.
                      RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                      LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

By the way, I know that Dave talks about the Downtown Sessions, but YRGM is not one of the songs on the Deluxe CD...

Just Panama, Beautiful Girls, You and Your Blues (Intro) and You and Your Blues....
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It seems someone forgot to call Ray Davies.

He must have done pretty well out of Van Halen over the years you wouldn't think they would have had a problem.
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-18-2012, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

It seems someone forgot to call Ray Davies. He must have done pretty well out of Van Halen over the years you wouldn't think he would have had a problem.
                            Dave also said that this was a documentary...........
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Nice to see something (anything) from these guys............

Comment

• Zing!
                                Veteran
                                • Oct 2011

Wonder if Dave had a sore throat? That's what I first thought when he said "I'm gonna sing it anyway." Also looked like he had a cough drop in at the start, and maybe coughed a bit at the half way point (although that could be too many smokes, who knows - that would also explain why he looks like he can't catch his breath). Either way - if he had a sore throat, then he might have wanted to change his approach to the song. He's a professional musician, I assume he knows when to dial back the vocals. The opening Bugs Bunny voice is just...weird. Still, appreciate the band putting something out there for the fans...definitely warts and all! In the age of auto-tune, this is a rarity!
                                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...