Van Halen - The Downtown Sessions - "You Really Got Me" Video...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwame k
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by GreenEyedMurder
    I like the little glimpse into the real them, instead of just polished, glossy, overproduced stuff. They're human, 3 of them are hitting the outer boundaries of middle age, and they're not trying to look and act like they're Wolfie's age. I give them much credit for acting like adults. Adults who totally rock, of course.
    Originally posted by vandeleur
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by kwame k
      Yeah, I guess if I was so anal retentive that everything a band does has to be over polished and produced.

Jesus Christ.....it's a bunch of guys just goofing and having fun......take it for what it's meant to be.

Van Halen not taking themselves too serious and.......wait for it.......HAVING FUN!

When's the last time that can be said about this band?
      I kinda agree with that, but it's a professionally shot piece released by the band and the record company...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
        Full Member Status

• May 2010

-I like what I felt strange about-,.. is the lack of electric guitars and drums and that big rock sound Van Halen is famous for .

When I say strange, it is new, they cannot have those things when recording a acoustic or unplugged session. So, after I grasped what I was seeing I liked it .

And I guarantee my ear buds aren't giving me what I need as far as reality, can't wait for the CD Pak.
        2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
        clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by guwapo_rocker
          Va, do you think you could ask them if they intentionally restricted it to U.S viewers only?

I don't see the logic in it.
          I already did, they didn't have an answer unfortunately...

It'll be on the official sites tomorrow....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Of course this is what Dave was doing solo 8 or 10 years ago, doing acoustic versions of Van Halen songs in his house.

I wonder if the video for the second single is going to be them driving through a tunnel being chased by the Van Damn triplets and a bunch of dwarfs.

I certainly hope so.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
              I kinda agree with that, but it's a professionally shot piece released by the band and the record company...
              Which means what, exactly?

It needs to cater to your inner-Beiber fixation?

It was also shot in B&W which must really piss you off.
              Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                Head Fluffer
                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

It'll be on the official sites tomorrow....
                I think that's a Yahoo issue.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Did you ask them to block Louisiana next time?

Comment

• kwame k
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Feb 2008

Yes and no.....it's not a released single just a bonus to the new album.

Like the box sets that just have a band wood shedding a song out to get it tight or composed.......that's released by a record company but it's in the context of........getting a glimpse into the creative process.

This is just some guys sitting around goofing..... professionally shot?

Hell, anyone with a digital video recorder and some freeware editing software could make that exact same video.
                    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Nice little raw... more or less unrehearsed performance. Something I've done thousands of times with my buddies.

Enjoyed it... Something we've never seen from Van Halen before with the exception of a minute or so during alive show. Really looking forward to the unreleased acoustic stuff.
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by LoungeMachine

You think he would prefer if it was colored?

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                          Just the black part

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

So would you rather go back to The Van Halen Dark Ages, where we didn't see nor hear anything for years on end?

You'd rather them not release any videos or pictures, just release the album?
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Luke D
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jan 2012

Looks like they're having some fun together. I really enjoyed that, thanks.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

So would you rather go back to The Van Halen Dark Ages, where we didn't see nor hear anything for years on end?

You'd rather them not release any videos or pictures, just release the album?

And then the album would have to sound like Classic Van Halen, but modern, and not like their old demos, although maybe a bit, and it should only have heavy songs on it with no shade and they should all be better than they were before. And anyway it won't be good because it's a different bass player.

Sometimes I start to sympathise with Eddie not wanting to release anything any more because it was a lose-lose situation with some people.

The real problem is not the band it's the audience. It can never be the same because we're old now never mind them.

Comment

Working...