Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

when was the last time we've seen Dave that mature and quiet...I like it...don't need the all time hyperactivity...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

EPIC.

That is all.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

This is so fucking kewl. Wow. All the idiot haters (even heard a DJ say the lyrics were idiotic) fuck you!
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• DLR'sCock
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

This is so fantastic, and I gather that this and everything else we have seen will all be apart of the documentary they are filming that Dave mentioned in the intro to the You Really Got Me acoustic clip. This is the Dave I wish he would show the world more often........

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SunisinuS
            This is so fucking kewl. Wow. All the idiot haters (even heard a DJ say the lyrics were idiotic) fuck you!
            Then I would respond to that saying the DJ in question has never seen the lyrics of one Samuel Roy Hagar.....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              Then I would respond to that saying the DJ in question has never seen the lyrics of one Samuel Roy Hagar.....
              It's about BACON!!! MMMM slurp BACON!!!!!
              WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• lurker..
                Full On Cocktard
                • Jan 2012

I can see Sammy polishing off a few dozen deep fried bananas coated in peanut butter like 1976 Elvis used to pad his gut with....

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
                  I dunno, part of me doesn't want to know. I like Dave's lyrics because we all take from them what applies to us in our lives. Sometimes, not knowing what the hell he is singing about is better and leaves much to the imagination. That grey area is what kept this site going these many years, lol
                  I agree. About the last thing I want is for an artist to explain "what it all means" with regard to a piece of work. It's why I usually skip over those dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks prefaces or afterword sections many writers begin or end their novels with. They run on and on like some damned award show acceptance speech, and make about as much sense. People you've never heard of are thanked repeatedly, and you wind up discovering the reason for the book's existence was because the author had a brief discussion with a plumber who happened to have had a nasty, blood-like stain on his work pants.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Full Bug
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

That was awesome, nobody tells a story like Dave, all this new stuff the last few weeks is surreal....
                    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Is this jerky, time lapse video photography some popular creative thing?

I keep thinking my computer is having a performance issue...

Excellent insight into Dave's interpretation of his work and lyrical imagery!!
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Northern Girl
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Keep 'em coming, Dave!

Love to see you anywhere, anyhow, anytime!
                        Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Zing!
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

Outstanding. This must be what Dave is like at the end of the night when all of the coffee and Red Bull has worn off. Cool + mellow + insightful + introspective = one cool cat.
                          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                            Full Member Status

• May 2010

I would rather see this than some incredibly overpaid Jeralda Re'vero twisting his moooostachio like Enrika Coorachio asking DLR or the other band members and then giving us his interviewer tademarked, hmmmm or yesss or the increbile,, ha ha ha, as he dreams of the idea that the camera loves me.

Ophra Special ..The Interviews...this week Van Halen....Why because you love her.

Sorry I ran out of my meds last night.
                            2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                            clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              About the last thing I want is for an artist to explain "what it all means" with regard to a piece of work. It's why I usually skip over those dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks prefaces or afterword sections many writers begin or end their novels with.
                              I am usually quite the opposite. I'll read it beforehand and usually re-read it once I finish the book. Once I've experienced it I know what it means to me but I think it's interesting to see what it means to them. But I am also the guy who sits through the closing credits of every movie. I like to see what goes into making thing I enjoy.
                              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                                I am usually quite the opposite. I'll read it beforehand and usually re-read it once I finish the book. Once I've experienced it I know what it means to me but I think it's interesting to see what it means to them. But I am also the guy who sits through the closing credits of every movie. I like to see what goes into making thing I enjoy.
                                What really killed the experience for me was the overlong "chapters" Stephen King would tack onto his recent books. The damned things would be talky as hell, going on and on over details that really didn't add anything to the work at hand. This reached a nadir in the absurd From a Buick 8 story, where he blabbered for pages about not needing to explain why an event occurs, he'd simply let it happen and go forward. This failed to cover why the book didn't make any sense, or how come certain factors could not be explained by any sort of innate, logical reasoning. It was as if he was embarrassed by the novel, and felt a need to rationalize why it came out the way it did.

This is not the same as viewing the credits at the end of a movie or reading liner notes on an album. That is something you do for yourself, in order to add some insight or grasp a few production details. In other words, you are not being manipulated by the artist, who may have a certain prearranged agenda already in mind.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...