Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TAKIN WHISKEY
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

Unfuckingbelievable!!! This song IS a very good tune and ya know what? It just got better. It has a little more meaning. Listening to Dave is always an incredible experience, but through the years it has sounded like he is speaking to a much larger audience. That clip felt like a personal sit down with a legend. Yep, the song got a little better because I can feel it just a little more. Van Halen is making up for lost time and boy does it feel good.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Roth is getting to that age...I think...where this part of what he does is Paramount...combine that with the fact that he did it anyways...and likely the fact that he's been bottled up over the past five years, and you have a guy that is likely dying to tell his story...

He could talk for an hour about why his farts smell like avacados, and it would be interesting...and as always...you take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt...because he's a stream of consciousness kinda talker...which is why I don't miss a thing...

cuz it's likely the last time you are going to hear it....

...fucking swampmeat Sally...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Romeo Delight
        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        Fuck it...even when he says what they mean...does he really mean what he says?
        Kind of like most of my posts
        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• So this is love
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Well It is happy hour....Not gonna hurt though...I like the interview and all and I have a Question does DLR has Tattoos?
          Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• So this is love
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Roth is getting to that age...I think...where this part of what he does is Paramount...combine that with the fact that he did it anyways...and likely the fact that he's been bottled up over the past five years, and you have a guy that is likely dying to tell his story...

He could talk for an hour about why his farts smell like avacados, and it would be interesting...and as always...you take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt...because he's a stream of consciousness kinda talker...which is why I don't miss a thing...

cuz it's likely the last time you are going to hear it....

...fucking swampmeat Sally...
            You pick my curiousity do you mean the last time we see Dave with VH or any of it at all?

Comment

• Unchainme
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2005

I think if a movie was done, you'd have it set from like 1977 to write as "Hot For Teacher" was coming out and do a composite of how Van Halen was fucking ruling the planet at the time.

play up the "Band mates as brothers angle" to the nth degree, and ignore the split angle to please the brothers and get their blessings.
              Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• vandeleur
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Sep 2009

Did anybody else get that when they were watching that it was just them and dave talking ...thats a skill....
                fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gbranton
                  I used to love King, but he lost me at The Dark Tower.
                  And he still hasn't finished it, as yet another book is coming soon. Pissed me off even more when the sequel to The Talisman (Black House, both written with Peter Straub) wound up being an advertisement for The Dark Tower. I will say this, the current book about time travel (11/22/63) is the best thing he's come up with since 2008's Duma Key, itself his finest work since he wrote Insomnia some 14 years earlier.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by So this is love
                    Well It is happy hour....Not gonna hurt though...I like the interview and all and I have a Question does DLR has Tattoos?
                    Well...in the vid he said he had an Elvis tattoo right above his ankle...to start with...
                    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• GreenEyedMurder
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Oct 2010

He said he has a small Elvis tat on the back of his ankle, where the foot meets the leg.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

You pick my curiousity do you mean the last time we see Dave with VH or any of it at all?
                        Nothing like that...it's just that Dave isn't known to repeat himself much outside of the concert hall...his stories are these streams that strike him on the spot...you get the distinct impression that they go wherever his mind takes him...which depends a lot on where the hell he is...and what the hell he's on...

Comment

• So this is love
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by vandeleur
                          Did anybody else get that when they were watching that it was just them and dave talking ...thats a skill....
                          Well to me I was listening to Dave like you listen to someone who's seriously ill, you know the kind of attention like its the last time...

Comment

• So this is love
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2012

Nothing like that...it's just that Dave isn't known to repeat himself much outside of the concert hall...his stories are these streams that strike him on the spot...you get the distinct impression that they go wherever his mind takes him...which depends a lot on where the hell he is...and what the hell he's on...
                            Thanks for your answer...During YRGM I don't know what the hell he is on but it is certainly good stuff...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              And he still hasn't finished it, as yet another book is coming soon. Pissed me off even more when the sequel to The Talisman (Black House, both written with Peter Straub) wound up being an advertisement for The Dark Tower. I will say this, the current book about time travel (11/22/63) is the best thing he's come up with since 2008's Duma Key, itself his finest work since he wrote Insomnia some 14 years earlier.
                              Loved Duma Key...couldn't put it down...can't wait to read 11/22/63...

hated the Black House...but liked his work post Insomnia...perhaps not as much as some of his other stuff...but liked it just the same...

Not as memorable as much of his other stuff...but memorable nonetheless...

I absolutely love the Dark Tower series...an am okay with this new book coming out...it's set in the middle of the tale, if I remember correctly...and can't wait to get my fucking hands on it...

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Loved Duma Key...couldn't put it down...can't wait to read 11/22/63...
                                11/22/63 is absolutely mind-blowing. No spoilers from me (Why do people always have to do that?) other than to say it's another book that is damned near impossible to put down. It grabs you from the very first page and doesn't let go.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...