Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Official 4/29 St. Louis Meetup/Review Thread

Welcome to the Official 4/29 St. Louis Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Crazy, the St.Louis show is almost 4 years to the day from the last one.. I believe it was April 26, 2008! I was there...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2017 @ 01:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    You Bet ! I was at that last show as well , not to mention the fact that I was completely

P-O'd about the not one , but TWO cancellations leading up to the actual show .

Sure was worth the wait though . After 24 years , what was another 6 months , right ?!?

Tix go on sale on my 49th. B-D - Saturday , February the 4th . Pretty damn cool present to myself .

This will be my 6th. go-round with the classic and only Van Halen !
    Last edited by Green Manalishi; 01-23-2012 at 06:08 PM.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    YESSSS!!!!! Got my 4 tix shortly after they went on sale 10:00 a.m. today . I was the 3rd. humanoid in line and I was gonna pop for the $ 77.00 tix . By the time the second person was done , the $ 77.00 tix were GONE ! So , my only option was 4 of the $47.00 tickets . SCORE !!!
    Seriously sucks that they just don't flat out tell you about the additional $12.85 per ticket up front . What kinda SHIT is that ?!? When I was walking away with tickets firmly in hand , a guy still in line about 6 people back offered me $200.00 cash on top of what I just paid for my 4 tickets .
    I'm sitting way up in section 309 of the Mezzanine Level but that's O-Kay by me ! Happy Birthday to myself.........

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The countdown begins........

watcha readin for?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2022 @ 02:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

2nd birthday week show in 4 years. Good times, damn good times.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Can't wait for Diamond Diva to howl about the A.C. on Sunday Night . The Van Halen concert
    is gonna be sandwiched between NHL playoff games at Scottrade Center on Saturday night
    and Monday night and you know the powers that be are gonna try to keep the place as cool
    as possible . Counting down the days.........

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    04-09-2013 @ 11:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Is St. Louis not a hot spot for the ROTH ARMY??? WTF???? We got the weakest thread on here...what the hell we gonna do about it??? Lots of cool cats on the Van Halen News Desk and VH Links talk of meeting and tailgating before the gig...where's the people on here??? The Pittsburgh show was good, but wasn't as good as Louisville. Are we in store for LIGHT UP THE SKY or STAY FROSTY.....finally gonna bust the cherry on DROP DEAD LEGS???? Do it in St Louis!!!!!

watcha readin for?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Finally gonna bust the cherry on DROP DEAD LEGS???? June 26, 1984. Been there, done that. Let's see what they have on Sunday, shall we?

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I mean on this tour....and some of us never got to see them on the 1984 tour. I have seen the tour twice all ready..so give me something new.......How about BUST THE CHERRY ON ME WISE MAGIC....or DIRTY MOVIES......or ONE FOOT OUT THE DOOR?????????? Haven't been there and done that have ya????
    Last edited by SLAUGHTER MAN; 04-26-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: mis spelled words

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by madraoul View Post
    Finally gonna bust the cherry on DROP DEAD LEGS???? June 26, 1984. Been there, done that. Let's see what they have on Sunday, shall we?
    ......meant this tour bub. How about BUST THE CHERRY ON..ME WISE MAGIC..OR...DIRTY MOVIES...OR....ONE FOOT OUT THE DOOR.....OR.....an acoustic mismash of COULD THIS BE MAGIC...maybe...PUSH COMES TO SHOVE....Haven't been there and done that have ya????

watcha readin for?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, get out there and enjoy! Come to think of it, I'm not really sure if they even did DDL at that show in '84. Sadly '08 was the first VH show I went to "totally coherent". Whatever happens, I'm sure you're right about Dave bitching about the temp all night. But we all know a pissed off DLR is a really entertaining DLR. ROCK!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madraoul View Post
    Well, get out there and enjoy! Come to think of it, I'm not really sure if they even did DDL at that show in '84.
    They've never done DDL in concert, unless I'm mistaken....

14. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

madraoul (04-27-2012)

watcha readin for?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I bet you're right. After further review, they didn't play it that night anyway. But of course I was probably seeing Aztec temples and Hendrix that night as well. Man, it was a different world back then!

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    They've never done DDL in concert, unless I'm mistaken....
    That's what I've thought...but I never saw them on the 1984 tour and can only count on what a few publications and the friends I have who did have told me. I have a pretty good knowledge of Van Halen history and that's always been the way I remember...let me bust out the VH Encyclopedia and see. I am new on here and dont wanna start an argument with Roth Army vet in my first week...I got more respect for the people who have put in their time before than to do that..unless the get real disrespectful. But, I know for fucking sure the other songs I threw out ain't never had their bright red cherries popped!!!

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Will vh start tossin in a couple more new songs into this set???

Every other tour this band has ever done....with all three singers...when it came to the set on the tour in support of an all new studio record...we always got at least six new tunes. So why not this tour??? What gives here?? They aren't playin long enough to run into curfew issues and not once on this entire tour have they played shows on back to back nights in different cities, so that ain' it. They aren't playin over two and half hours(fuck I wish)...so it ain't fatigue...I wouldn't think...could be wrong....they wanna cram as many old classic as possible and I thank God for the deep album cuts. Total perfection would be five more songs....2 from ADKOT....2 more deep album cuts...and one more classic or yeah that's right...ME WISE MAGIC!!!

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Anybody else read the Post Dispatch's preview of the concert?? It said" fans are coming out to hear PANAMA, WHY CAN'T THIS BE LOVE and RIGHT NOW"!!!!!!!!!! Can't Kevin Johnson do his homework and know that Dave is the band and that the last two songs haven't been played in concert in 8 years???? Plus, there ain't any fans coming to hear those songs....anybody who's anybody know's those ain't part of the set and are "off to college"!!!!!!!!!! Hate when fuckers don't do a little bit of homework into the tour coming to town...............

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2021 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SLAUGHTER MAN View Post
    Anybody else read the Post Dispatch's preview of the concert?? It said" fans are coming out to hear PANAMA, WHY CAN'T THIS BE LOVE and RIGHT NOW"!!!!!!!!!! Can't Kevin Johnson do his homework and know that Dave is the band and that the last two songs haven't been played in concert in 8 years???? Plus, there ain't any fans coming to hear those songs....anybody who's anybody know's those ain't part of the set and are "off to college"!!!!!!!!!! Hate when fuckers don't do a little bit of homework into the tour coming to town...............

Clueless cumstains like this Johnson shitbird don't surprise me ---- isn't St. Louis known for being a Spammy town ??

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TJMKID View Post
    Clueless cumstains like this Johnson shitbird don't surprise me ---- isn't St. Louis known for being a Spammy town ??

It's a big market for Hagar, but it's a big VH market as well. They did really well back in 2008, the Cherone tour pulled in 13,457 to the amphitheater (lawn seats were 10 bucks...or buy one get one free I think..can't remember..we sat down front Eddie's side..wife was 8 months pregnant with our first boy) and they sold out two nights at the Checkerdome on the 1984 tour. They always did MASSIVE business with your "public enemy #1" from 86 thru 95 and played two shows in 2004...but the second night wasn't anywhere close to a sellout. The greatest legend in STL history was when David Lee Roth opened for Bad Company in 2001 at the same buliding they are playing tomorrow night...during the post solo breakdown in AIN'T TALKIN BOUT LOVE Dave asked the crowd to "look down....way down...all the way to the very bottom...Who is that down at the bottom??? Is that SAMMY HAGAR????" The fucking crowd went nuts, boring and cat calling, middle fingers and "fuck you's"...but Dave continued to slay their ass..he used the 'ole Jack Daniels as my cock routine and when he ended with JUMP he got a standing ovation. Not many can come back from that kind of negative reaction..so muthafuckin quickly!!!! I am not from this area..my wife is..I moved here in 1996...I am from the Indianpolis area....and everytime VAN HALEN played Indy and Ft. Wayne (DLR solo for that matter) it was sold out. St. Louis' rock station KSHE 95 plays Van Halen every hour...and as of late more Roth than Hagar....but here we get a SHITPOT full of Hagar era VH on KSHE. They played ADKOT in it's entirety the day it came out and for weeks afterward would bust choice cuts from the album THROUGHOUT the day (beat's workin, trouble with never, outta space, blood and fire and FROSTY!!!!). So this town is BOTH.....loves all VH...a general rock n roll town. Will be plenty of VH shirts at the Chickenfoot concert next month....anybody with ROTH ARMY shirts gonna sit in the front row????? Just to fuck with Mike and Sam?? You can pay to see Black Stone Cherry....

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    04-02-2024 @ 03:12 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,619 Posts

only because Sammy says it is...

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by twonabomber View Post
    only because Sammy says it is...
    Well at least at one time it was a lucrative market...he was in the final four of KSHE's March Bandness tournement that the fans vote on....and his songs get played on the radio here everyday....that mean atomic bombs are on the way??? Somebody ask Green Manalishi...he will tell ya...

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just talked to Favazz...the Van Halen show has sold a tad under 10,000 tickets for tomorrow's show...which I am not sure is a 3/4 arena or what??? Not sure what the capacity is for a show....hope to Christ it isn't around 18,000. What the fuck is wrong with this town??? They sellout The Black Keys (granted is was a smaller arena for the college basketball team..not the NHL coliseum/arena VH will be DESTROYING when ole GODZILLA wakes up around 8:50PM, butthey can't push this show toward a sellout.The 2008 show was a lot fucking closer. Why didn't they just play the St Charles Family Arena??? That places is loud as fuck and would have been a sellout. Wonder if there are any front row seats left??? Why the hell is the barrier so far from the stage....makes front row kinda lose it's vibe.

24. Thanked SLAUGHTER MAN for this KICKASS post:

SunisinuS (04-28-2012)

When You Tell The Truth
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2019 @ 07:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It seats 19,150. ouch...

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Well at least at one time it was a lucrative market...he was in the final four of KSHE's March Bandness tournement that the fans vote on....and his songs get played on the radio here everyday....that mean atomic bombs are on the way??? Somebody ask Green Manalishi...he will tell ya...
    Sad but true , it's a maximum Sammy Fagar town . I WAS a Sammy fan in the '70's ( Montrose was the shit ) and early '80's when he made music that mattered . I'd be a liar if I said otherwise . Here's the rub . Unlike a lot of those early Sammy fans , I absolutely hated anything and everything he ever recorded with Van Halen with complete vile contempt . Still do , always will .
    That being said , classic =VH= has always done well here as well . Heavy and daily radio airplay from day one and a solid fan base . I can attest to the fact that at those classic Van Halen shows , they were treated and greeted like conquering heroes .
    If low attendance is indeed true , you wouldn't know it from the day they went on sale . The economy here does suck badly is the only legit answer . It doesn't matter to me . My group of four is gonna be there and cheering wether its 10 ,000 or all 19,000 plus .

27. Thanked Green Manalishi for this KICKASS post:

SLAUGHTER MAN (04-29-2012)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    " Music critic " Kevin C. Johnson has always had an agenda . He barely acknowledges anything that even resembles rock music . He could care less about any accuracies . However , he treats literally any and every rap and hip - hop act likes it's the second coming of Christ himself . Those acts will get front page coverage and maximum press . Trust me , he treats rock music like an afterthought if he pays it any attention at all . Sad .

29. Thanked Green Manalishi for this KICKASS post:

SLAUGHTER MAN (04-29-2012)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SNIPER View Post
    It seats 19,150 ouch...

Too many putrid Cabo Sheep in St. Louis ---- I hope Dave gets his revenge and launches rant after rant after rant.

Fuck 'em up, Diamond !!!!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Green Manalishi View Post
    If low attendance is indeed true , you wouldn't know it from the day they went on sale . The economy here does suck badly is the only legit answer.

I fully expect the lying Cabo Cunt Spammy to issue a press release saying how he sells out St. Louis 4 or 5 nights in a row every time he tours there......

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

I fully expect the lying Cabo Cunt Spammy to issue a press release saying how he sells out St. Louis 4 or 5 nights in a row every time he tours there......
    And Sam probably could sell 'em out, if he was playing in front of the local chicken shack...

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    09-27-2013 @ 11:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I just looked on Ticketmaster and skimming over their interactive seat map, yeah it looks like there are a good 3,000 tickets left for this show if not more. Around 300 are floor seats, about 100 of those within the first 20 rows. Whatever, all that matters is whether or not YOU enjoy it and not whether or not there are enough true classic Van Halen fans in the St. Louis area to fill an arena. Especially if it's a known Hagar town as you guys say it is.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

TJM KID talks of Hagar's STL bragging???

NOT AT ALL.....CHICKENFOOT plays here in a month and they are playing THE FOX theater...have to ask Manalishi what the capacity is there...but if he so fucking bulletproof why not take his band to one of the THREE ARENAS in the St Louis area??? If Chickenfoot is such a commerical powerhouse and STL is still his glory hole to fuck...can't he even sell out tiny Chaifatiz Arena??? Last time he came thru as a solo artist in 2007 he played THE FOX theater....it was funny that he doesn't even try to play one of the smaller arenas or hit one of the two amphitheaters here (the Veterans Amphitheater at Jefferson Barr. is only 6500 capacity...afraid of that??? Ain't nobody ever played 4 nights in STL....

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

" Music critic " Kevin C. Johnson has always had an agenda . He barely acknowledges anything that even resembles rock music . He could care less about any accuracies . However , he treats literally any and every rap and hip - hop act likes it's the second coming of Christ himself . Those acts will get front page coverage and maximum press . Trust me , he treats rock music like an afterthought if he pays it any attention at all . Sad .
    Wonder if he will be the guy who does the review for the paper....we will find out on Tuesday. Hope not...he will spend half of it on KOOL And The Gang.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loucap81 View Post
    I just looked on Ticketmaster and skimming over their interactive seat map, yeah it looks like there are a good 3,000 tickets left for this show if not more. Around 300 are floor seats, about 100 of those within the first 20 rows. Whatever, all that matters is whether or not YOU enjoy it and not whether or not there are enough true classic Van Halen fans in the St. Louis area to fill an arena. Especially if it's a known Hagar town as you guys say it is.
    I got four friends who wanna upgrade...so thanks for the upgrade. Saw this tour in Louisville and Pittsburgh and I am hoping for something new that hasn't been done yet!! Wish Eddie would bring back his dry ice/fog effect in his guitar solo. That created an awesome vibe....

Youcan'thandleTheTruth!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-17-2015 @ 12:43 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    If I remember correctly , the Fabulous Fox Theatre holds about 4,500 . Sammy's current abomination plays there on Wednesday Night , May 23rd.
    No one has ever done a 4 or 5 night stand here . So , not only is Sammy a braggart but he's a liar as well .
    Van Hagar played here 3 nights in July of '86 . Sammy himself did 2 nights in the summer of '84 , but , so did classic Van Halen .
    RUSH would be the attendance champion with 3 nights in 1980 , 2 nights in 1981 and again in '82 .

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah , tonight is THE night......

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If I remember correctly , the Fabulous Fox Theatre holds about 4,500 . Sammy's current abomination plays there on Wednesday Night , May 23rd.
    No one has ever done a 4 or 5 night stand here . So , not only is Sammy a braggart but he's a liar as well .
    Van Hagar played here 3 nights in July of '86 . Sammy himself did 2 nights in the summer of '84 , but , so did classic Van Halen .
    RUSH would be the attendance champion with 3 nights in 1980 , 2 nights in 1981 and again in '82 .

I dunno but the fact is the economy is bad EVERYWHERE and VH is still playing to near sellout venues in just about every city so far.

Yet St. Louis still has 3,000+ seats the day of the show ---- 300 open floor seats ???

You have to attribute that to Spammy Town effect ---- there is no other logical explanation?

I guess VH can't win 'em all ---- just makes me sad that a city still has the hots for a fat lying cuntbag who thinks flabby belly + capri pants + sandals is the image of rock 'n roll.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Logic..I dunno....my YouTube friend Hunkola says "We ain't all bad..."....If Hagar was so bulletproof why does Classic VH sell more tickets than he does in a town that is suppose to be his??? Proves people love VH more and that he can't even sellout the FOX...if he is so popular here at least do TWO NIGHTS at THE FOX..(he can't even play ONE of the ARENAS in town????) and that would S T I L L be less tickets than VH tonight. So I know you can't BUY a job around here...and maybe that's it...cause in 2008 it was to the rafters!!!! Sammy always talked about STL, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Frisco being his towns 15 years ago....where's the love today??? A buddy over at VH Links said Hagar was wearing a Jack Lambert jersey at The MONSTERS show after Eddie's solo in Pittsburgh in 1988 that someone threw on stage...that picture KID threw up reminds me of it....

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh yeah , tonight is THE night......
    Gonna be epic....third gig on the tour for me and I am ready to sacrifice a 100 virgins just to get a couple of new songs from ADKOT and two different deep album cuts.....headed to CARDS game first...then UNION Station...then SOUNDCHECK..it's easy to hear there cause the box office is in the lobby....you will hear for fuckin' sure..

Fools, I Live With Fools
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2015 @ 05:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I dunno but the fact is the economy is bad EVERYWHERE and VH is still playing to near sellout venues in just about every city so far.

Yet St. Louis still has 3,000+ seats the day of the show ---- 300 open floor seats ???

You have to attribute that to Spammy Town effect ---- there is no other logical explanation?

I guess VH can't win 'em all ---- just makes me sad that a city still has the hots for a fat lying cuntbag who thinks flabby belly + capri pants + sandals is the image of rock 'n roll.

I just checked Chicago for Chickenshit....main floor 15 rows back still open...LOL...You can choose where you want to sit for 80 bucks a pop. The Chicago Theatre only holds 3,400. Sad if the show is less than 2 weeks away.

Ladies and Gentleman, are you ready? I give you the mighty Chickenfeet!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-28-2020 @ 03:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Have a great time all of you lucky folks who are going tonight. Who cares if it's sold out - your eyes will be focused on that stage and believe me you will not even notice if you are the only one there - these boys will have you mesmerized!! Hopefully you won't be surrounded by too many dicks sitting down or wearing those fuckin ring shirts (those things make me crazy!). If anyone tells you to sit down, tell 'em where to go and have a blast. Roth on!!!
    p.s. Please keep us posted at home, especially with any surprises. We'll monitor the assholes on twitter and make sure to continue to shut down anyone who gets outta line!

45. 2 users say thank you to Momshell for this KICKASS post:

NIN1211 (04-29-2012),SLAUGHTER MAN (04-29-2012)

Thread Information