Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TJMKID
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

I've seen a lot of VH tribute bands on YouTube and it only reinforces how very hard it is to replicate the magic of The Diamond One ---- they all seem like cheap copies to me ---- it takes more than a ripped physique and blond hair to deliver that unique brand of authentic fury!

Originally posted by Momshell
    This is a better sampling.... not to totally derail this thread, but I'm bored just waiting for tweets!!

Comment

• loucap81
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2012

I just looked at the Links and it doesn't look like there will be any real-time updates there either. In any event let's hope for another great show.

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

Here ya go - they've got tons of stuff on youtube.
        Fake Dave looks like someone you'd see on WWE Raw.... Drummer looks like he should be in a Cheap Trick tribute band.
        I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Now that's a great tribute - I could close my eyes with a slight buzz and probably forget that it's not Dave. Aren't they out west somewhere?
          Ralph, the singer, and Russ, the guitar player, are the two best at doin' Dave and Ed. They still do some VH songs in their Steel Panther shows. Don't even bother to look up any of the Punks' current videos - the new singer sucks.
          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Momshell
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

no comment re: this pic, but her comment's cool!
            Van Halen baby! Let's go! #rocknroll! For Life! My dad used to bounce for them- its in my blood kids!!! Fuckin amped! twitter.com/ShadyPasty/sta…— Christina Grady (@ShadyPasty) April 30, 2012
            Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• TJMKID
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

This dude nails the Dave screams pretty well ---- but he looks kinda flabby ---- chubby thighs and "triceps jiggle" LOL

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                Veteran
                • Mar 2012

I think the Army is feeling this way too!!!
                The anticipation is building #vanhalen— Clinton Smith (@Shaggy_5150) April 30, 2012
                Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Momshell
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by TJMKID
                  I've seen a lot of VH tribute bands on YouTube and it only reinforces how very hard it is to replicate the magic of The Diamond One ---- they all seem like cheap copies to me ---- it takes more than a ripped physique and blond hair to deliver that unique brand of authentic fury!

I agree - still a fun night out drinking and dancing to my favorite music. I think that's why it was harder for me to get into it this time - having seen the real deal last month, it's hard to have to settle for nipple ring. But beer helped!
                  Stay Frosty!

Comment

• SNIPER
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Now that's a great tribute - I could close my eyes with a slight buzz and probably forget that it's not Dave. Aren't they out west somewhere?
                    Those are the Steel Panther dudes. I believe they are still around with a new Dave and Eddie. West coast mostly.. This singer here did a tour with L.A. Guns in the late 90's. My band Midline opened for the show in Boise.

Comment

• Momshell
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SNIPER
                      Those are the Steel Panther dudes. I believe they are still around with a new Dave and Eddie. West coast mostly.. This singer here did a tour with L.A. Guns in the late 90's. My band Midline opened for the show in Boise.
                      Once again - I am impressed! You guys opened for everyone!
                      Stay Frosty!

Comment

• SNIPER
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Here they are.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2012

Originally posted by loucap81
                          I just looked at the Links and it doesn't look like there will be any real-time updates there either. In any event let's hope for another great show.
                          Hopefully we will be able to get some good info off of twitter, and I Slaughter Man said he'd do updates...

Comment

• SNIPER
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Did the show start yet??

Comment

• Momshell
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2012

always one of my fave DLR quotes....
                              "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it." - David LeeRoth (VanHalen)— Felix Fox (@FelixFox4) April 30, 2012
                              Stay Frosty!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2012

Looks as if the show has kicked off!!

First DLR high kick of the evening., #VanHalen— BlkIsTheNewBlk (@BlkIsTheNewBlk) April 30, 2012

Comment

Working...