ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Sep 2009

Same to you
    fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

You know, I forgot to mention about the Nashville show, that, due to the fact that I did not see the 1984 tour, or the 2007-2008 tour, I never saw them perform anything live from 1984. So getting to see them do Hot For Teacher live was fucking great. Man, Wolfy was smoking on that fucker.

Oh and yeah...what was that sweet smoky smell I smelled at the show? GODDAMMIT! I WANNA GET FUCKING HIGH AND I CAN'T! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Ah well.

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
        Groupie
        • Apr 2012

That's bullshit...whoever tweeted that about the STL show is baldfaced liar from the pits of hell...

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
          Groupie
          • Apr 2012

Little tired tonight to write a full review....I plan to tomorrow..maybe most on here won't read it..but if just one cat reads it, then it was worth my time. It's 2:00AM here and I want to get in a few things while they are still fresh. So here's a quick recap of Van Halen's ass kicking of St Louis this Sunday night...
          First the whole attendance issue cleared up nicely, not sure of the final number but it had to be in the 15,000 thousand range. This made it around 3/4 full, which some fans were giving some grief to the city and it's people for....fact is..the band sold a lot of tickets...not as many as 2008, but still a lot and by the time they hit SHE'S THE WOMAN...most of the bottom half was filled and rockin. I was appalled at the fact that a lot of people in the upper levels didn't even stand AT ALL!!! Wish DLR would have shined a spotlight on them ALL and called them out!!! At least stand for the first half of the show...or at least the first half dozen songs!!! Also, first Van Halen show I went to with no EDDIE chants....disappointing to say the least. The band was given a good response and a very loud reception, but should have been louder!!! The band is now a well oiled machine after being on the road for over two months now and it shows in how tight they are musicially.
          So they hit the ground runnin' with UNCHAINED.....it's sounds terrific and the extended jam between Dave and Eddie after the guitar solo is fucking PRICELESS. It's a call and response, but unlike any you have heard before....a bastard hybrid of Roth tarzan screams and King Edward insanity. Throughout the first half of the set, Dave sounded flawless with his vocals...only showing a brief struggle with CHINATOWN. His energy tonight was better than Pittsburgh or Louisville, he seemed energized to be slaying the crowd. The set list had no major surprises....got FULL BUG...HEAR ABOUT IT LATER....TROUBLE WITH NEVER....WOMEN IN LOVE...OUTTA LOVE AGAIN. But, the real fun tonight were in the stories Dave told. The way he stopped the band during DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY to point out a couple making out and attach a story to it. The way he mistaked the crowd chanting "Blues!!! Blues!!!" for booing after he made a hockey joke during his acoustic solo. Because of this misunderstanding (couldn't these fuckers have just laughed at Dave's wisecracks instead of doing a chant for the hockey team?? I get that they are in the second round of the playoffs, but how often does Van Halen come and play a gig in this town????)..DLR cut out the ENTIRE end of his dog story and went right into ICE CREAM MAN early..catching the band off guard. Alex got a HUGE round of applause after his too short solo and Eddie was brillant in his. He told the crowd "Thank You" at least four times during that solo. It was a highlight for sure. Lots more things to get to....tomorrow...

Comment

• Momshell
            Veteran
            • Jan 2012

Hey everyone - sorry for crashing last night! Here's a short clip of DTNA. Long enough to hear a funny comment by Dave about 51 seconds in!

Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Momshell
              Veteran
              • Jan 2012

very short clip of Panama

Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

FUCK! They skip Full Bug in Nashville, but play it very next night.

Ah well. Things coulda been worse, lol.

Glad you guys had fun!

Comment

• loucap81
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2012

They've pretty much been flipping Romeo and Full Bug nightly this tour. Just the luck of the draw.

Comment

• vaijuju
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2008

http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Everybody Wants Some!!! - Somebody Get Me A Doctor

China Town - Hear About It Later - Pretty Woman

Last edited by ALMOSTsaved; 04-30-2012, 02:51 PM.
                      I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...

Comment

• fourthcoming

I wonder why Wolf isn't doing the background vocals on the chorus to china town like he's done pretty much the whole tour?

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Thems some nice close videos! Kick ass!

Comment

• private parts
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                            You know, I forgot to mention about the Nashville show, that, due to the fact that I did not see the 1984 tour, or the 2007-2008 tour, I never saw them perform anything live from 1984. So getting to see them do Hot For Teacher live was fucking great. Man, Wolfy was smoking on that fucker.

Oh and yeah...what was that sweet smoky smell I smelled at the show? GODDAMMIT! I WANNA GET FUCKING HIGH AND I CAN'T! GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Ah well.
                            HR69 you where on a natural high! HIGH ON LIFE
                            sigpic" You ever notice when I scream I sound like Mr. Bill on acid" DLR

Comment

• SNIPER
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                              I wonder why Wolf isn't doing the background vocals on the chorus to china town like he's done pretty much the whole tour?
                              I think because Dave is a little all over the place on it (pitch and timing wise) so Wolf said fuck it, you do it alone if thats how you are gonna be bro.

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

Great performances though!! Just got done watching them all.

Comment

Working...