Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Momshell
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Here ya go - they've got tons of stuff on youtube.
    Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Momshell
      He was good. My hubby plays guitar - professionally trained, so he's usually pretty critical. I defer to him, and he said he was good. Of course, my hubby thinks he could do better
      They're called Completely Unchained. Not to be confused with Unchained, which is another one, but not on LI. Make sure to notice the lead singer's nipple ring - that should give you some giggles!
      Okay cool. As long as it was not these guys.

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
        Veteran
        • Mar 2012

Make sure to notice the lead singer's nipple ring - that should give you some giggles!
        Pretty sure I haven't seen any photos with Dave sporting one of those!
        Told ya I was comin' back... Say you missed me... Say it like ya mean it!

Comment

• Momshell
          Veteran
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by SNIPER
          Okay cool. As long as it was not these guys.
          OMG - I saw those guys too - just awful!! I went to see them once after Completely Unchained played spammy for the first time. They were so horrible, I went back to the ones playing a couple of spammy tunes!
          Stay Frosty!

Comment

• RealTwisted
            Groupie
            • Jun 2004

There is a Van Halen tribute band in the LA area called Atomic Punks... they have been around for at least 20 years, and I know for sure Michael Anthony has sat in with them a couple times, plus I heard that Eddie joined them for a couple songs at a show few years ago
            "I wanna take this time to say that this is real whiskey here... the only people who put iced tea in Jack Daniel's bottles is The Clash, baby!"

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
              Veteran
              • Mar 2012

Kool & The Gang was a decent opening act!#JungleBoogieNow onto the #VanHalen bros and Diamond Dave!!!!#EverybodyWantsSome #HotForTeacher— Shane Henderson (@Fuzzyrodgers) April 30, 2012

Comment

• Momshell
                Veteran
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by RealTwisted
                There is a Van Halen tribute band in the LA area called Atomic Punks... they have been around for at least 20 years, and I know for sure Michael Anthony has sat in with them a couple times, plus I heard that Eddie joined them for a couple songs at a show few years ago
                yea - I've seen them on YouTube - they've also been discussed around here somewhere. I think they had an amazing singer who sounded like Dave but who just left the band recently. Unless I'm confusing them with someone else.
                Stay Frosty!

Comment

• Light Em' Up!
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2012

Come on out to LI - I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind a couple of extra kids!
                  We will just hop on our private jet and be over on Friday...is that cool :-) LOL

Comment

• Momshell
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2012

This is a better sampling.... not to totally derail this thread, but I'm bored just waiting for tweets!!
                    Stay Frosty!

Comment

• RealTwisted
                      Groupie
                      • Jun 2004

I think Dave used 1 or 2 of their members on his solo tours as well... they have had a couple of line up changes through the years
                      "I wanna take this time to say that this is real whiskey here... the only people who put iced tea in Jack Daniel's bottles is The Clash, baby!"

Comment

• Momshell
                        Veteran
                        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Light Em' Up!
                        We will just hop on our private jet and be over on Friday...is that cool :-) LOL
                        works for me - my butler will meet you at the end of the driveway!
                        Stay Frosty!

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

yea - I've seen them on YouTube - they've also been discussed around here somewhere. I think they had an amazing singer who sounded like Dave but who just left the band recently. Unless I'm confusing them with someone else.
                          It was the Steal Panther singer and guitar player. They were killer.

Comment

• SNIPER
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by RealTwisted
                            I think Dave used 1 or 2 of their members on his solo tours as well... they have had a couple of line up changes through the years
                            Correct.

Comment

• Carloscda
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Jan 2009

Comment

• Momshell
                                Veteran
                                • Jan 2012

Now that's a great tribute - I could close my eyes with a slight buzz and probably forget that it's not Dave. Aren't they out west somewhere?
                                Stay Frosty!

Comment

Working...