Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SLAUGHTER MAN
    Groupie
    • Apr 2012

Will vh start tossin in a couple more new songs into this set???

Every other tour this band has ever done....with all three singers...when it came to the set on the tour in support of an all new studio record...we always got at least six new tunes. So why not this tour??? What gives here?? They aren't playin long enough to run into curfew issues and not once on this entire tour have they played shows on back to back nights in different cities, so that ain' it. They aren't playin over two and half hours(fuck I wish)...so it ain't fatigue...I wouldn't think...could be wrong....they wanna cram as many old classic as possible and I thank God for the deep album cuts. Total perfection would be five more songs....2 from ADKOT....2 more deep album cuts...and one more classic or yeah that's right...ME WISE MAGIC!!!

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
      Groupie
      • Apr 2012

Anybody else read the Post Dispatch's preview of the concert?? It said" fans are coming out to hear PANAMA, WHY CAN'T THIS BE LOVE and RIGHT NOW"!!!!!!!!!! Can't Kevin Johnson do his homework and know that Dave is the band and that the last two songs haven't been played in concert in 8 years???? Plus, there ain't any fans coming to hear those songs....anybody who's anybody know's those ain't part of the set and are "off to college"!!!!!!!!!! Hate when fuckers don't do a little bit of homework into the tour coming to town...............

Comment

• TJMKID
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by SLAUGHTER MAN
        Anybody else read the Post Dispatch's preview of the concert?? It said" fans are coming out to hear PANAMA, WHY CAN'T THIS BE LOVE and RIGHT NOW"!!!!!!!!!! Can't Kevin Johnson do his homework and know that Dave is the band and that the last two songs haven't been played in concert in 8 years???? Plus, there ain't any fans coming to hear those songs....anybody who's anybody know's those ain't part of the set and are "off to college"!!!!!!!!!! Hate when fuckers don't do a little bit of homework into the tour coming to town...............

Clueless cumstains like this Johnson shitbird don't surprise me ---- isn't St. Louis known for being a Spammy town ??

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
          Groupie
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by TJMKID
          Clueless cumstains like this Johnson shitbird don't surprise me ---- isn't St. Louis known for being a Spammy town ??

It's a big market for Hagar, but it's a big VH market as well. They did really well back in 2008, the Cherone tour pulled in 13,457 to the amphitheater (lawn seats were 10 bucks...or buy one get one free I think..can't remember..we sat down front Eddie's side..wife was 8 months pregnant with our first boy) and they sold out two nights at the Checkerdome on the 1984 tour. They always did MASSIVE business with your "public enemy #1" from 86 thru 95 and played two shows in 2004...but the second night wasn't anywhere close to a sellout. The greatest legend in STL history was when David Lee Roth opened for Bad Company in 2001 at the same buliding they are playing tomorrow night...during the post solo breakdown in AIN'T TALKIN BOUT LOVE Dave asked the crowd to "look down....way down...all the way to the very bottom...Who is that down at the bottom??? Is that SAMMY HAGAR????" The fucking crowd went nuts, boring and cat calling, middle fingers and "fuck you's"...but Dave continued to slay their ass..he used the 'ole Jack Daniels as my cock routine and when he ended with JUMP he got a standing ovation. Not many can come back from that kind of negative reaction..so muthafuckin quickly!!!! I am not from this area..my wife is..I moved here in 1996...I am from the Indianpolis area....and everytime VAN HALEN played Indy and Ft. Wayne (DLR solo for that matter) it was sold out. St. Louis' rock station KSHE 95 plays Van Halen every hour...and as of late more Roth than Hagar....but here we get a SHITPOT full of Hagar era VH on KSHE. They played ADKOT in it's entirety the day it came out and for weeks afterward would bust choice cuts from the album THROUGHOUT the day (beat's workin, trouble with never, outta space, blood and fire and FROSTY!!!!). So this town is BOTH.....loves all VH...a general rock n roll town. Will be plenty of VH shirts at the Chickenfoot concert next month....anybody with ROTH ARMY shirts gonna sit in the front row????? Just to fuck with Mike and Sam?? You can pay to see Black Stone Cherry....

Comment

• twonabomber
            formerly F A T
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

only because Sammy says it is...
            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
              Groupie
              • Apr 2012

Originally posted by twonabomber
              only because Sammy says it is...
              Well at least at one time it was a lucrative market...he was in the final four of KSHE's March Bandness tournement that the fans vote on....and his songs get played on the radio here everyday....that mean atomic bombs are on the way??? Somebody ask Green Manalishi...he will tell ya...

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
                Groupie
                • Apr 2012

Just talked to Favazz...the Van Halen show has sold a tad under 10,000 tickets for tomorrow's show...which I am not sure is a 3/4 arena or what??? Not sure what the capacity is for a show....hope to Christ it isn't around 18,000. What the fuck is wrong with this town??? They sellout The Black Keys (granted is was a smaller arena for the college basketball team..not the NHL coliseum/arena VH will be DESTROYING when ole GODZILLA wakes up around 8:50PM, butthey can't push this show toward a sellout.The 2008 show was a lot fucking closer. Why didn't they just play the St Charles Family Arena??? That places is loud as fuck and would have been a sellout. Wonder if there are any front row seats left??? Why the hell is the barrier so far from the stage....makes front row kinda lose it's vibe.

Comment

• SNIPER
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

It seats 19,150. ouch...

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jul 2010

Well at least at one time it was a lucrative market...he was in the final four of KSHE's March Bandness tournement that the fans vote on....and his songs get played on the radio here everyday....that mean atomic bombs are on the way??? Somebody ask Green Manalishi...he will tell ya...
                    Sad but true , it's a maximum Sammy Fagar town . I WAS a Sammy fan in the '70's ( Montrose was the shit ) and early '80's when he made music that mattered . I'd be a liar if I said otherwise . Here's the rub . Unlike a lot of those early Sammy fans , I absolutely hated anything and everything he ever recorded with Van Halen with complete vile contempt . Still do , always will .
                    That being said , classic =VH= has always done well here as well . Heavy and daily radio airplay from day one and a solid fan base . I can attest to the fact that at those classic Van Halen shows , they were treated and greeted like conquering heroes .
                    If low attendance is indeed true , you wouldn't know it from the day they went on sale . The economy here does suck badly is the only legit answer . It doesn't matter to me . My group of four is gonna be there and cheering wether its 10 ,000 or all 19,000 plus .

Comment

• Green Manalishi
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jul 2010

" Music critic " Kevin C. Johnson has always had an agenda . He barely acknowledges anything that even resembles rock music . He could care less about any accuracies . However , he treats literally any and every rap and hip - hop act likes it's the second coming of Christ himself . Those acts will get front page coverage and maximum press . Trust me , he treats rock music like an afterthought if he pays it any attention at all . Sad .

Comment

• TJMKID
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by SNIPER
                        It seats 19,150 ouch...

Too many putrid Cabo Sheep in St. Louis ---- I hope Dave gets his revenge and launches rant after rant after rant.

Fuck 'em up, Diamond !!!!

Comment

• TJMKID
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Green Manalishi
                          If low attendance is indeed true , you wouldn't know it from the day they went on sale . The economy here does suck badly is the only legit answer.

I fully expect the lying Cabo Cunt Spammy to issue a press release saying how he sells out St. Louis 4 or 5 nights in a row every time he tours there......

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

I fully expect the lying Cabo Cunt Spammy to issue a press release saying how he sells out St. Louis 4 or 5 nights in a row every time he tours there......
                            And Sam probably could sell 'em out, if he was playing in front of the local chicken shack...
                            American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• loucap81
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2012

I just looked on Ticketmaster and skimming over their interactive seat map, yeah it looks like there are a good 3,000 tickets left for this show if not more. Around 300 are floor seats, about 100 of those within the first 20 rows. Whatever, all that matters is whether or not YOU enjoy it and not whether or not there are enough true classic Van Halen fans in the St. Louis area to fill an arena. Especially if it's a known Hagar town as you guys say it is.

Comment

• SLAUGHTER MAN
                                Groupie
                                • Apr 2012

TJM KID talks of Hagar's STL bragging???

NOT AT ALL.....CHICKENFOOT plays here in a month and they are playing THE FOX theater...have to ask Manalishi what the capacity is there...but if he so fucking bulletproof why not take his band to one of the THREE ARENAS in the St Louis area??? If Chickenfoot is such a commerical powerhouse and STL is still his glory hole to fuck...can't he even sell out tiny Chaifatiz Arena??? Last time he came thru as a solo artist in 2007 he played THE FOX theater....it was funny that he doesn't even try to play one of the smaller arenas or hit one of the two amphitheaters here (the Veterans Amphitheater at Jefferson Barr. is only 6500 capacity...afraid of that??? Ain't nobody ever played 4 nights in STL....

Comment

Working...