Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThrillsNSpills
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

That is one hard song to sing but conversely it's pretty funny when someone bites it going for the high notes.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

I thought Tyler was fine. And had a great scarf.

Oh dear.

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by mohican
        That was the strangest, lyp synced national anthem I have ever seen.....lmao

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
          I thought it was fine... I don't know what the big deal is.

I think he did a TERRIFIC job! WTF Yahoo!? The best post in the comments I saw was ..."you hired Steven Tyler and you got Steven Tyler. What did you expect?"

He sounded just like I thought he would but maybe even a little better. Good job Steven!
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fourthcoming
            That was the strangest, lyp synced national anthem I have ever seen.....lmao
            Siskel and Vanilli gave it 2 thumbs up

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              He was working with poor material...

Don't you have a bar fight you need to be in?
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jul 2004

I think the main problem singers have is the misconception that it was written by Francis Scott Off-key.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
                  I think he did a TERRIFIC job! WTF Yahoo!? The best post in the comments I saw was ..."you hired Steven Tyler and you got Steven Tyler. What did you expect?"

He sounded just like I thought he would but maybe even a little better. Good job Steven!
                  That's very accurate.

I was thinking yesterday about rock singers in general. I'm not a huge Stones fan by any means but Mick has to be one of the worst vocalist ever IMO. You don't hear anybody talking about it though. You know why? Because it doesn't matter.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

This is a fucking stupid non-story. It's just something that's done before every game, and by kickoff everyone forgets about it.
                    The only National Anthem anyone really remembers is the one Whitney Houston did at the Super Bowl before she smoked her kneecaps off.

Why does everyfuckingthing have to be such a big deal? No one gives a shit!

Put two pieces of bread and some mustard on this fucking SPAM thread.
                    Last edited by hambon4lif; 01-23-2012, 05:28 PM. Reason: FUCK OFF!!

Comment

• Terry
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist

Agreed...it pretty much sounded exactly the way one would have envisioned Steven Tyler singing the national anthem...no egregious bum notes or anything...

For my money, the Star Spangled Banner sounds better when a woman sings it than a man anyway; something about the tune is more suited to a woman's voice.

I will say Tyler's rendition is a welcome break from the numerous versions offered by various female singers (white and black) of late that all sound like some ode to a southern gospel church soloist...with the elongated ebonic wailing omnipresent on every vowel...I mean, after the umpteenth different singer doing that biz, that shit needs to have a rest.
                      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

Tyler sounded good on my system...

Maybe some people need a proper entertainment sound system...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Terry
                          I will say Tyler's rendition is a welcome break from the numerous versions offered by various female singers (white and black) of late that all sound like some ode to a southern gospel church soloist...with the elongated ebonic wailing omnipresent on every vowel...I mean, after the umpteenth different singer doing that biz, that shit needs to have a rest.
                          I hardly watch US sport and I'm bored of it, it must get very tiresome.

Over here you only get that nonsense a few times a year at international matches.

The only time it was good...

<object width="640" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RwcfY0Ldf2Q?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/RwcfY0Ldf2Q?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
                          Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-23-2012, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• hain23x
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Mar 2004

afterwards Randy was overheard saying "up dog, you did up thing"
                            then Paula Abdul passed out..

I thought he did fine
                            Eat Us and Smile!
                            Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                              I thought it was fine... I don't know what the big deal is.
                              I don't either. It sounded like Steven Tyler singing the national anthem to me. Anyone that has ever listened to Aerosmith knows what Steven Tyler's singing voice and style is like, and he sang the anthem like he would an Aerosmith song. BFD, I thought he did a good job.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                                Tyler sounded good on my system...

Maybe some people need a proper entertainment sound system...

Well it sounded like shit on my clock radio when Bob Rivers played it at some ungodly hour of the morning.

Some rock singers can pull off acapella singing better than others. Steven probably shouldn't try it without Joe & the rest of the band. Even so, it's not as awful as any of the Desmond Childmolestor ballads that Aeroshit had on any of their albums since they quit drugs.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...