Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K-tuna
    Groupie
    • Jan 2012

Big Thanks for the VH Radio link.... Big Thanks. great to hear these as a whole song. Im not sure why, but at first on all these short clips... they were not hitting the mark for me, but the songs in their entirety really were slammin'.

Really glad to hear them sound so good. Ed just sounds great , the clarity is a nice balance for his sound as its heavy , but you can hear the tactile feel of the pick on the strings on "Blood and Fire".

FEB 7th can't get here soon enough.
    Last edited by K-tuna; 01-26-2012, 03:15 AM.
    "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by K-tuna
      Big Thanks for the VH Radio link.... Big Thanks. great to hear these a a whole song. Im not sure why but on all these the short clips were not hitting the mark , but the songs in their entirety really were slammin'.

Really glad to hear them sound so good.
      stay frosty has bombastic written all over it
      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• SNIPER
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Im off to bed with my ipod and VH tunes. ...
        stay frosty everybody.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

[QUOTE=DLR'sCock;1601392]Nail in the coffin of the Hagar years.......![/QUOTE

No kidding. It's got that good ol VH swing I haven't heard since the early 80's but there's something new to it. They pulled it off and Wolfie's bass playing sounds great and the background vocals sound great. VH on a good day can just put music together nobody else can.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• K-tuna
            Groupie
            • Jan 2012

"stay frosty has bombastic written all over it"

Y'know, Thats the one I did not like at all ( something about that UH,, Uh, Uh Uh, thing that Dave does....Its great for Led Zep in the 70's but 2012? ).........'TILL I heard the riff in CSI. The Scene when they enter the club you can here where it cranks.....then I was like " Ok , thats badass"

regardless, its nice to be wrong and even " Stay Frosty" rips.
            Last edited by K-tuna; 01-26-2012, 03:22 AM.
            "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

speachless after the 1000000000000000000000oooooooooooooooooooo°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° listening...now Tattoo seems to be the fucking FILLER on that album and I already loved it...

"The Trouble With Never" is already one of my all time favorites and "Blood and Fire" should have been the first single...what is this? a fucking dream? never wake me up...
              Roth Army Icon
              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• wiseguy
                Head Fluffer
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by K-tuna
                "stay frosty has bombastic written all over it"

Y'know, Thats the one I did not like at all ( something about that UH,, Uh, Uh Uh, thing that Dave does....Its great for Led Zep in the 70's but 2012? ).........'TILL I heard the riff in CSI. The Scene when they enter the club you can here where it cranks.....then I was like " Ok , thats badass"

regardless, its nice to be wrong and even " Stay Frosty" rips.
                good save mr.
                Stay frosty now.
                Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                  Veteran
                  • Apr 2004

That's the trouble with never.....killer riff by Eddie!
                  http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                  Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                  Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• K-tuna
                    Groupie
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by wiseguy
                    good save mr.
                    LOL..I know... I've been pretty tough on "tattoo" but thats because I honestly wasn't happy with that coming off the Blisteringly cool Cafe Wha' stuff.

But I just wanted them to DESTROY all expectations because you just know those music journalist types would just be waiting to dismiss them as a nostalgia act....

and they came out swinging...this stuff keeps surprising me. and thats killer.
                    "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I'm just glad Eddie didn't kick the bucket when he fell off the wagon and went all crazy. We would have missed out on these new great songs. That was some dark place he was in. For all I know he got into Sam's Cabo Wabo rot gut and it did him in. Anyways, it's great to see Ed back and doing really good creative things again.
                      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Jan 2004

Agreed completely.
                        I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

was lurking at the links and found this:

Dear Ed,

all is forgiven!

The real fans
                          couldn't agree more...selective amnesia is just a heartbeat away...
                          Roth Army Icon
                          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• K-tuna
                            Groupie
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            I'm just glad Eddie didn't kick the bucket when he fell off the wagon and went all crazy. We would have missed out on these new great songs. That was some dark place he was in. For all I know he got into Sam's Cabo Wabo rot gut and it did him in. Anyways, it's great to see Ed back and doing really good creative things again.

Indeed... I think the guy is finally in a good place. with the drinking, the Cancer, the Hip replacement, III and cherone bombing , his divorce, ...I think all this stuff was dragging him down for years.

OH yeah ..HAPPY B-DAY EDDIE!
                            Last edited by K-tuna; 01-26-2012, 04:02 AM.
                            "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Blood and Fire

The guitar solo.......... I'm fucking blown away.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• binnie
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • May 2006

'Blood & Fire' is just insanely good. Y'know, I was just glad we were going to get something, and I'd have been pleased just as long as they didn't embarass themselves - but that is flat out GREAT.

'The Trouble With Never' has a 'Girl Gone Bad' vibe to me. Love the final third of the song/the lyrics and the riff, but I'm struggling a little to feel the hook line in the chorus. Maybe it'll grow on me (like 'Tattoo').

It's clear - given the diversity of theses three tunes - that they've really thought about making and ALBUM, rather than cobbling any old shit together.

Nate, I could kiss you.
                                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...