Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NATEDOG001976
    Veteran
    • Apr 2004

I came accross this by pure luck, lucky day indeed!
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
      Veteran
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by binnie
      'Blood & Fire' is just insanely good. Y'know, I was just glad we were going to get something, and I'd have been pleased just as long as they didn't embarass themselves - but that is flat out GREAT.

'The Trouble With Never' has a 'Girl Gone Bad' vibe to me. Love the final third of the song/the lyrics and the riff, but I'm struggling a little to feel the hook line in the chorus. Maybe it'll grow on me (like 'Tattoo').

It's clear - given the diversity of theses three tunes - that they've really thought about making and ALBUM, rather than cobbling any old shit together.

Nate, I could kiss you.
      A thanks, is good enough buddy...lol.

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!

Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
        Veteran
        • Apr 2004

Ok, another beer..played the tunes 10 times....make that 11!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Fucking figures.....my internet connection was shot to Hell all goddamn night, and now that I finally get online, it's too late to listen to these songs properly without the police showing up.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
            Veteran
            • Apr 2004

Still sounds good on quality earphones!

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              it's too late to listen to these songs properly without the police showing up.
              stu and andy are cool, gordon's the worry.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Well, those guys did a tour about the same time Van Halen did the last one. Maybe they'll be motivated to do an album now. They seem to be running a parallel existence to Van Halen all along. Both bands put out their first album in 1978, broke up in 1985, had a couple false start reunions before the real thing, etc.

And Sting's solo albums were every bit as disappointing as Van Hagar.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• vandeleur
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Sep 2009

Now ive woke up and kinda sober what the fuck happened ......... one second theres a clip of blood and fire next there is two whole songs kicking about ....
                  These both rock, am totally loving the whole blood and fire groove it gets better every time and it fucking killed the first time !! The solo shows ed's still got it big time
                  There is something totally instantly classic about blood and fire ...
                  And when he said told you i was coming back i nearly bust ..

victory dance indeed..
                  fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Carmine
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Blood and Fire is absolutely amazing!! My god...the lyrics, at first listen, sound like the all encompassing, last 28 years of shit slinging is gone forever anthem...We came, we came, we came through the blood and fire....now look at all of the people...here tonight....ahhhh....(actually had a tear in my eye when I heard that phrase put to lyrics)
                    "Told ya I was comin' back....say ya missed me, say it like ya mean it!" Ed's solo...are you fuckin' kidding me? SAH-MOKIN!

The 90 second clip of Stay Frosty...all I''m gonna say is this: HOLY SHIT...does this song have some serious promise or what? Nothin like danglin the carrot on a stick with the heavy riffage on the last 10 or 15 seconds!! I can't wait to hear the rest of this bitch!

Van Halen...over this last month...to the day...you have erased the pain of the last 28 years...and this album isnt even out yet!!

and oh yeah...Happy Birthday, Edward!! Thank YOU, Dave, Wolf and Alex for giving US these gifts!

one more thing...from all the tracks so far...this is setting up to be Dave's lyrical masterpiece...every lyric uttered so far has been a gem...

...A Diamond, more specifically...

Comment

• vandeleur
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Carmine
                      Blood and Fire is absolutely amazing!! My god...the lyrics, at first listen, sound like the all encompassing, last 28 years of shit slinging is gone forever anthem...We came, we came, we came through the blood and fire....now look at all of the people...here tonight....ahhhh....(actually had a tear in my eye when I heard that phrase put to lyrics)
                      "Told ya I was comin' back....say ya missed me, say it like ya mean it!" Ed's solo...are you fuckin' kidding me? SAH-MOKIN!

The 90 second clip of Stay Frosty...all I''m gonna say is this: HOLY SHIT...does this song have some serious promise or what? Nothin like danglin the carrot on a stick with the heavy riffage on the last 10 or 15 seconds!! I can't wait to hear the rest of this bitch!

Van Halen...over this last month...to the day...you have erased the pain of the last 28 years...and this album isnt even out yet!!

and oh yeah...Happy Birthday, Edward!! Thank YOU, Dave, Wolf and Alex for giving US these gifts!

one more thing...from all the tracks so far...this is setting up to be Dave's lyrical masterpiece...every lyric uttered so far has been a gem...

...A Diamond, more specifically...
                      what he said
                      fuck your fucking framing

Comment

• Halen High
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

Incredible.

Comment

• Momshell
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2012

HOLY SHIT!!! What a way to wake up! Is everyone else blowing off everthing they're supposed to be doing right now like I am?! Stayed up way too late listening to clips available last night. Supposed to be getting ready for work but now that the whole songs are here, I can't stop hitting play!!! Totally amazing - can't wait - 12 days to go!!!! By the time this album comes out I'm gonna be unemployed and my family's gonna hate me!!! These songs KICK ASS!!!
                          Stay Frosty!

THE DAY IS DONZO LET'S HAVE SOME FUNZO!!

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by Momshell
                            HOLY SHIT!!! What a way to wake up! Is everyone else blowing off everthing they're supposed to be doing right now like I am?! Stayed up way too late listening to clips available last night. Supposed to be getting ready for work but now that the whole songs are here, I can't stop hitting play!!! Totally amazing - can't wait - 12 days to go!!!! By the time this album comes out I'm gonna be unemployed and my family's gonna hate me!!! These songs KICK ASS!!!
                            Damn straight! I should be making breakfast. I can't function! I got busted at work by my boss (a great guy, thankfully) checking out the Amazon.UK clips on my work computer yesterday. Same thought ran through my head. How pissed would my family be if I lost my job over something like that? Van Halen hysteria is in full effect!! Watch yourselves!!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Un-fucking-real!!!!!

It's like they never lost a step. The bass sounds really good too, Wolfie's doing a great job.

Love the vocals, Dave sounds great. He's actually singing really well, and the harmonies are tight too. I know there's some "studio magic" involved, and I hope this stuff sounds as good live!!!!
                              Originally posted by perilouspete
                              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I also love that you can hear some of the grounding hum at the end of "Blood and Fire"....so raw.
                                Originally posted by perilouspete
                                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

Working...