Thread: If you had any doubts about Van Halen 2012 or ADKOT

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2023 @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

If you had any doubts about Van Halen 2012 or ADKOT

...and don't say you didn't...We all "wondered".

Can they still do it?
    Will it be good?
    Will it have that Classic VH sound?
    The Wolfgang factor...

Here's my "dont give a fuck what any other person on earth thinks" opinion...

The Cafe Wha? show...magical. No frills, no way to "make it sound better", just in your face Van Halen from start to finish and they fucking nailed it to the wall with a railroad spike!!! The Wolfgang detractors ate their words and smiled after the kids thumping that night. He's got serious licks, has and is handling the background vocals better than, I think, anyone could have hoped for or expected.

After hearing some full tracks and the 15 second clips of the rest, I am completely and unbelievably blown away at what I've heard. Honestly, the heaviness of some it has come as a welcomed surprise. Leading off with Tattoo...say what you want, may have been the mistake of pure genius. First listen, I didnt care for it. But, like most...it grew on me and now I love it. The haters created an instant buzz of fan tension...tension which, created MORE interest in what else was to follow. Tattoo is released and then there is some time to let it all sink in....we dissected it! The lyrics, how great Dave sounds, Wolfgang, Eddie, synth filler, all of it....hell, that's what we do here...

Yesterday, we get to hear Blood and Fire and The Trouble with Never...both of which, I think, are far better works than Tattoo. The lyrics in Blood and Fire made my hair stand up...seriously...when Dave sang "Told ya I was comin' back...say ya missed me...say it like ya mean it" you all, like me, probably got a lump in your throat. That line, in and of it self, captured every feeling that I've harbored for this band since April 1, 1985. It alone, erased 28 years of anxiety, tension, hatred and most of all...simply waiting for exactly that to happen. It is, the single greatest statement of band unity that their could be...It says "THIS is Van Halen!"

Ed's solo on Blood and Fire...need I say more?
    There wasn't much "Edward" on Tattoo...and then you hear that shredtastic piece in Blood and Fire...first thought, "Holy shit, Eddie...welcome the fuck back!"

The Trouble with Never...Wolfgang pounds through this tune. Any question of background vocals? Not anymore...they're there and they're good. Eddie...again...shreadalicious...

Daves vocals are spot on spectacular in every track I've heard...his lyrics so far...are the stuff on instant classics!

90 second clip of Chinatown....hello, McFly...anybody home...think McFly, think...Welcome, Mr. Alex Van Halen joined by his brother, The Crunch Master, Mr. Edward Van Halen...just 90 seconds of that song made my zipper swell...

I'm convinced on all fronts...

Are they back? Fuck yeah, they are...screamin like the locomotive on the cover!!

Will it be good? 4 full tracks heard out of 13....and there is no question!

Will it have that Classic VH sound? Buddy, it's got all that and then some!

The Wolfgang Factor? Exactly...what Wolfgang factor...

Bring on February 7th...VAN HALEN is fucking back!!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. 15 users say thank you to Carmine for this KICKASS post:

Dan (01-27-2012),DavidLeeNatra (01-27-2012),guwapo_rocker (01-27-2012),Little Texan (01-27-2012),mdk1967 (01-27-2012),mewisemagic (01-29-2012),moose (01-27-2012),m_dixon1984 (01-28-2012),Panamark (01-28-2012),riggodrill44 (01-27-2012),SilvioDante (01-28-2012),TJMKID (01-28-2012),VAiN (01-28-2012),vandeleur (01-28-2012),Zing! (01-27-2012)

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

amen, brother...amen...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-21-2020 @ 05:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks

well said

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

we came! we came! we came through blood and fire!!!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Very, VERY well said, Ragu.
    Personally, I could've given a rat's ass if ADKOT measures up to the 6-pack, Me Wise Magic or Can't Get This Stuff No More regardless of anything. Yes, Mikey is no longer a member of VH and we all miss him (nicest cat you'll ever want to meet) but what's most important to me is that DLR is where he belongs. Period. That's all that really matters.

"It's the difference between a single word: Sammy's a singer, David Lee's the singer." - David Lee Roth

7. Thanked mdk1967 for this KICKASS post:

Carmine (01-28-2012)

Shut up and dance!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-21-2015 @ 04:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Great post Carmine. I have one point though.

I think there is a Wolfgang factor. A positive factor. I know what you mean though,

and you are right. I think he is proving to be an incredible bass player,

you can sure hear it on what we have heard so far. I mean how could he not be, look at his

pedigree I love how prominent the bass is in the mix now, my car practically bounced all

the way home tonight. And who knows what he may be bringing to the band behind the scenes.

9. Thanked guwapo_rocker for this KICKASS post:

Carmine (01-28-2012)

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

no wolfgang no VH...period...

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
    ...and don't say you didn't...We all "wondered".

Can they still do it?
    Will it be good?
    Will it have that Classic VH sound?
    The Wolfgang factor...

Here's my "dont give a fuck what any other person on earth thinks" opinion...

The Cafe Wha? show...magical. No frills, no way to "make it sound better", just in your face Van Halen from start to finish and they fucking nailed it to the wall with a railroad spike!!! The Wolfgang detractors ate their words and smiled after the kids thumping that night. He's got serious licks, has and is handling the background vocals better than, I think, anyone could have hoped for or expected.

After hearing some full tracks and the 15 second clips of the rest, I am completely and unbelievably blown away at what I've heard. Honestly, the heaviness of some it has come as a welcomed surprise. Leading off with Tattoo...say what you want, may have been the mistake of pure genius. First listen, I didnt care for it. But, like most...it grew on me and now I love it. The haters created an instant buzz of fan tension...tension which, created MORE interest in what else was to follow. Tattoo is released and then there is some time to let it all sink in....we dissected it! The lyrics, how great Dave sounds, Wolfgang, Eddie, synth filler, all of it....hell, that's what we do here...

Yesterday, we get to hear Blood and Fire and The Trouble with Never...both of which, I think, are far better works than Tattoo. The lyrics in Blood and Fire made my hair stand up...seriously...when Dave sang "Told ya I was comin' back...say ya missed me...say it like ya mean it" you all, like me, probably got a lump in your throat. That line, in and of it self, captured every feeling that I've harbored for this band since April 1, 1985. It alone, erased 28 years of anxiety, tension, hatred and most of all...simply waiting for exactly that to happen. It is, the single greatest statement of band unity that their could be...It says "THIS is Van Halen!"

Ed's solo on Blood and Fire...need I say more?
    There wasn't much "Edward" on Tattoo...and then you hear that shredtastic piece in Blood and Fire...first thought, "Holy shit, Eddie...welcome the fuck back!"

The Trouble with Never...Wolfgang pounds through this tune. Any question of background vocals? Not anymore...they're there and they're good. Eddie...again...shreadalicious...

Daves vocals are spot on spectacular in every track I've heard...his lyrics so far...are the stuff on instant classics!

90 second clip of Chinatown....hello, McFly...anybody home...think McFly, think...Welcome, Mr. Alex Van Halen joined by his brother, The Crunch Master, Mr. Edward Van Halen...just 90 seconds of that song made my zipper swell...

I'm convinced on all fronts...

Are they back? Fuck yeah, they are...screamin like the locomotive on the cover!!

Will it be good? 4 full tracks heard out of 13....and there is no question!

Will it have that Classic VH sound? Buddy, it's got all that and then some!

The Wolfgang Factor? Exactly...what Wolfgang factor...

Bring on February 7th...VAN HALEN is fucking back!!
    Can We Clean-Up For The Big Man.
    Last edited by Dan; 01-27-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: That's Alot Of Snow,Bro.

12. Thanked Dan for this KICKASS post:

Carmine (01-28-2012)

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post
    no wolfgang no VH...period...
    So true - people seem to be forgetting that or don't even know the story behind it.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdk1967 View Post
    So true - people seem to be forgetting that or don't even know the story behind it.
    Pardon my ignorance, but did I miss something, whats the story?

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2014 @ 12:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    That Wolfgang is probably THE reason that we have Van Halen back.

16. Thanked JJtheVagPounder for this KICKASS post:

Golden AWe (01-30-2012)

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    03-08-2020 @ 09:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks

EVERYTHING about this VH album hits like a tank flying down a mountain ON FIRE. I absolutely agree on all points. What 6 pack? this album is THE SEVENTH WONDER OF VAN HALEN!

But seven is an odd number.. like a pack of hotdogs... so there's got to be at least one more coming!

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

=VH= had me at new album.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2014 @ 12:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

We could just add onto the liquor analogy. Like Six pack, forty, and a shot (Me Wise Magic and Can't Get this Stuff No More as the shot).

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-15-2013 @ 11:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I almost feel clairvoyant... Somewhere deep inside, I always felt like this would be how it all came around, ya know? All I had to really do was wait 'em out! Granted, that took a loooooong fuckin' time. But I knew that with this much talent, there's no way it wouldn't just kill! And annihilate may be more appropriate to describe this onslaught! I think EVH's insistence on bringing Wolfgang into the fold is pretty obvious... Not only family, but killer chops to boot. Wolfgang sounds damn essential to me already... Can't hear MA shredding some of these clips, so I'm all in! I've been tellin' my peeps for ages that this effort will knock the music industry off it's axis, and I haven't seen or heard anything to change my mind. Van Halen!

To All you "Wannabes'" FU
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 08:51 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Great post Carmine
    Great fuckin post!!!!!

22. Thanked moose for this KICKASS post:

Carmine (01-28-2012)

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 12:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neuralfraud View Post
    EVERYTHING about this VH album hits like a tank flying down a mountain ON FIRE. I absolutely agree on all points. What 6 pack? this album is THE SEVENTH WONDER OF VAN HALEN!

But seven is an odd number.. like a pack of hotdogs... so there's got to be at least one more coming!
    The reason for the extra hot dogs is if anyone wants one without a bun and/or for making zombie burgers.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
    The lyrics in Blood and Fire made my hair stand up...seriously...when Dave sang "Told ya I was comin' back...say ya missed me...say it like ya mean it" you all, like me, probably got a lump in your throat.!
    No lump in my throat, tingles between my legs. That line is SEXXXXXXXY!

25. Thanked Sensible Shoes for this KICKASS post:

Momshell (01-28-2012)

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-12-2015 @ 08:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Great fucking post, agree on all fronts, just sit back and let Van Halen kick your ass through a wall in 2012!

27. Thanked VanCanHalen for this KICKASS post:

Carmine (01-28-2012)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post
    we came! we came! we came through blood and fire!!!
    Is that a great fucking anthem for us or what, eh?! Imagine the entire Army singing that all at once!!! I agree that we can NEVER forget the influence of Wolf in all of this, and I also think he's about to blow the world away the same way his dad did in 78. I can guarantee you I won't be going pee during the bass solo this time (if I make a show). Well, maybe I will pee, just a little... you know, those "happy, excited puppy" pees.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Well, maybe I will pee, just a little... you know, those "happy, excited puppy" pees.
    You better be wearing a pad!

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    In a nutshell...

Following the 2004 debacle cash-grab shit-show with Spammy, Edward spiraled into a drug and alcohol-fueled funk that had him dressing like a homeless guy and drawing comparisons to the crypt-keeper.

Word is that Wolfgang confronted his dad, jammed his iPod in his ears, cranked up the Classic Van Halen and told him that this was what he needed to be doing...to save himself and the Van Halen legacy.

Wolfie apparently helped Edward re-learn all his old stuff by playing it over and over on his iPod.

There's more to the story I'm sure, but who knows how much is urban legend and how much is true.

But that is why it can confidently be stated that Wolfgang saved Classic Van Halen, and probably his father's life.

31. Thanked fryingdutchman for this KICKASS post:

ashstralia (01-27-2012)

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah !

Great post Carmine !

What if we were all asked "what do you want"

-Mikey waiting in the wings, Eddie shitfaced, Nothing ever happening, No Dave.

or

-Wolfgang convincing his dad to clean up, listen to his best work, get the band back
    together, allow Mike to go and be with his soulmate, and even himself come along for the ride
    promising to deliver his own goods for his old man....

I know what option I would have taken.

33. Thanked Panamark for this KICKASS post:

Carmine (01-28-2012)

Redneck Army
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2020 @ 08:53 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,464 Times in 2,541 Posts

Mikey who? I was one of the ones bitching the most about him not being in the band...and I'm not missing him one bit! Fuck it. Double-track Dave's vocals and that's all I need - if a little bit of Dave is good then a whole hell of a lot is even better!!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-17-2023 @ 02:26 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Agreed, Gang!!

Thank YOU, Wolfgang Van Halen for helping to bring us A Different Kind of Truth...from the Van Halen that we all remember!

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-26-2024 @ 02:58 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible Shoes View Post
    You better be wearing a pad!
    How Very Rude.

Sheep Pen noob
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 02:52 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,941 Times in 2,103 Posts

Great post carmine .. You nailed it

turbo enigma
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-28-2023 @ 10:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Panamark View Post
    What if we were all asked "what do you want"

-Mikey waiting in the wings, Eddie shitfaced, Nothing ever happening, No Dave.

or

-Wolfgang convincing his dad to clean up, listen to his best work, get the band back
    together, allow Mike to go and be with his soulmate, and even himself come along for the ride
    promising to deliver his own goods for his old man....

I know what option I would have taken.
    That's a big 'what if'.

IF Ed didn't screw Mike in the first place to get him out of the picture.

Ed has lied so much in the past that he is likely 'crediting' Wolfie with 'getting him back at it' just to deflect from the fact that people don't appreciate when someone stabs a friend in the back...and they don't find it acceptable for one of their heroes to stab a friend and protoge in the back either.

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 09:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,349 Times in 1,444 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smorgdonkey View Post
    Ed has lied so much in the past that he is likely 'crediting' Wolfie with 'getting him back at it' just to deflect from the fact that people don't appreciate when someone stabs a friend in the back...
    I'll have whatever you're smoking. Come on man. Two sides to every story. All you know of is poor Mikey saying, "I found out I was out of the band same time everyone else did" or "I was just out there waving the Van Halen flag" with the Other Half (nothing separatist about that title). Ed has been no saint, but we have no way of knowing that an actual "back stabbing" took place. Ed wasn't crazy about Mike showing up at the Sam and Dave tour. The Other Half stint followed that.

40. Thanked DLR Bridge for this KICKASS post:

Dave's Bitch (01-29-2012)

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    I'll have whatever you're smoking. Come on man. Two sides to every story. All you know of is poor Mikey saying, "I found out I was out of the band same time everyone else did" or "I was just out there waving the Van Halen flag" with the Other Half (nothing separatist about that title). Ed has been no saint, but we have no way of knowing that an actual "back stabbing" took place. Ed wasn't crazy about Mike showing up at the Sam and Dave tour. The Other Half stint followed that.
    Oh yes how could I forget the Other Half tour. So this is after the Spammy 2004 tour where at the end BOTH Mike and Sam were trashing Ed on what a mess he was and then those two name a tour calling themselves 'The Other Half' of VH.

And Mike is supposed to be surprised and hurt when Ed officially dumped him in 2006 for Wolf?
    Whatever, bass player.

turbo enigma
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-28-2023 @ 10:42 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DLR Bridge View Post
    I'll have whatever you're smoking.

Ed has been no saint, but we have no way of knowing that an actual "back stabbing" took place.
    - When Dave departed in 1985, Ed had 3 stories released. Ed and all of the VH crew stab Dave constantly...including Ed's new singer.
    - Ed has a huge scrap with Sammy and sammy is out. Ed slags him from here to hell and back.
    - Ed blows up at the 1996 awards show and trashes the VH reunion at that time. He goes on to slag Dave all over again.
    - Ed gets with Charone and swears to take up tuba if VH III doesn't sell. Well...
    - Ed had the royalty structure altered to exclude Dave from getting his fair share of royalties from old recordings. Dave had to take that one to court to have it 'righted'.
    - Ed gets Sammy back in the fold and is so steamed that Mike isn't hating Hagar like he does that he makes Mike sign a document that surrenders Mike's rights as a member of Van Halen in order for him to be on the tour.
    - Ed claims that his doctor has cured cancer.
    - Ed claims that his tongue cancer was from standing close to electrical equipment while having a metal pick in his mouth.

So...there's no smoking anything going on here. It all has to do with CREDIBILITY. If you read Dave's book, there is one thing that stands out - credibility. If you have followed Ed then there is one thing that has always been lacking - CREDIBILITY. That's no coincidence. Remember Ed said in a radio interview that Randy Rhoads stated in an interview that 'he learned all of his stuff from me(Ed)'. Randy never stated any such thing in any interview. Ed made stuff up all of the time whenever it suited him - moreso as he became rich and untouchable.

Credibility man. Ed's a liar...and every chance he gets to say "it isn't about the money - I just want to make music" he says it. So, why F with the royalties Ed? Why take legal action against a guitar with a striped paint job back in the early '80s? Why tour when you can hardly walk? Why jump from brand to brand whenever the price is right? Why put your brand name on everything from guitars to amps to pedals to SHOES? Why always have a legal team scouring the planet to try to scrape another dime up?

If you are blind to all of that - maybe you SHOULD have something to smoke...it's supposed to be good for the glaucoma.

43. 2 users say thank you to smorgdonkey for this KICKASS post:

chi-town324 (01-28-2012),ELVIS (01-28-2012)

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ultra mega smart ass, I was refering to the Michael Anthony situation. As I said, Ed's no saint. Never has been. I know all about the shit Ed's slung through the years. And you know what? I don't give a shit about it. None of it. Bitching about other people's time wasting and money obsessions and moral wrong doings and substance abuse problems is an exercise in futility. Especially now. I love the music they've made before and I'm sure I'll love the music they've made right now. My advice to you is don't buy the CD and take up doing something better with your time. Writing a thesis on the many ways that Ed has disappointed you is just plain unproductive and fucking pointless.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Ed's a dickhead...anyone that's posted on this site in the past 12 years knows my feelings on that subject...

Mike absolutely got screwed over as well...anyone that says any fucking different is fooling themselves...but he picked his poison, and is out of the band....

...but last I knew, I didn't listen to any of the classic VH albums because of Edward's credibility...

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Ed's a dickhead...
    I still believe that. He could hand deliver the full Oakland '81 to every fan personally and I'd still think that. I'm happier than a pig in shit for whatever reason he is allowing what is happening now to happen. But as a person who isn't holding a guitar....fuck him. He has served up way more than his lifetime allotment of bullshit & grief. That shit isn't easily forgotten.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smorgdonkey View Post
    - When Dave departed in 1985, Ed had 3 stories released. Ed and all of the VH crew stab Dave constantly...including Ed's new singer.
    - Ed has a huge scrap with Sammy and sammy is out. Ed slags him from here to hell and back.
    - Ed blows up at the 1996 awards show and trashes the VH reunion at that time. He goes on to slag Dave all over again.
    - Ed gets with Charone and swears to take up tuba if VH III doesn't sell. Well...
    - Ed had the royalty structure altered to exclude Dave from getting his fair share of royalties from old recordings. Dave had to take that one to court to have it 'righted'.
    - Ed gets Sammy back in the fold and is so steamed that Mike isn't hating Hagar like he does that he makes Mike sign a document that surrenders Mike's rights as a member of Van Halen in order for him to be on the tour.
    - Ed claims that his doctor has cured cancer.
    - Ed claims that his tongue cancer was from standing close to electrical equipment while having a metal pick in his mouth.

So...there's no smoking anything going on here. It all has to do with CREDIBILITY. If you read Dave's book, there is one thing that stands out - credibility. If you have followed Ed then there is one thing that has always been lacking - CREDIBILITY. That's no coincidence. Remember Ed said in a radio interview that Randy Rhoads stated in an interview that 'he learned all of his stuff from me(Ed)'. Randy never stated any such thing in any interview. Ed made stuff up all of the time whenever it suited him - moreso as he became rich and untouchable.

Credibility man. Ed's a liar...and every chance he gets to say "it isn't about the money - I just want to make music" he says it. So, why F with the royalties Ed? Why take legal action against a guitar with a striped paint job back in the early '80s? Why tour when you can hardly walk? Why jump from brand to brand whenever the price is right? Why put your brand name on everything from guitars to amps to pedals to SHOES? Why always have a legal team scouring the planet to try to scrape another dime up?

If you are blind to all of that - maybe you SHOULD have something to smoke...it's supposed to be good for the glaucoma.

I think I like this guy...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave's put a lot of the bullshit past him to get the guys back together, that much is true.

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2015 @ 07:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

playing with his kid is the only reason Ed is doing this in the first place...IMO

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by POJO_Risin View Post
    Mike absolutely got screwed over as well...anyone that says any fucking different is fooling themselves.

...but last I knew, I didn't listen to any of the classic VH albums because of Edward's credibility...
    You and I weren't there. Mike "loyal dog" Anthony couldn't possibly have sealed his own fate with anything he may have said or done? It's all Dickhead Ed's fault? I agree with your last sentence.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Ed was just looking for any reason to get rid of Mike.

Once he hung out with Fagar down at Cabo, his fate was sealed.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

EVH wanted to shitcan 'Ol Hot-sauce as far back as FAIR WARNING and replace him with Billy Sheehan......

We've all seen that unpublished interview where he rags Mike for "doing nothing" and basically leaching off the band....harsh stuff and that was flippin' 30+ years ago..................

And as I've told the Sheep who keep crying for him on the GUITAR WORLD FB page.....

I AIN'T NEVER BOUGHT A CD BECAUSE IT HAD GREAT "back-ground" VOCALS!!!!

FUCKING RETARDED BASTURDS!!!

53. 2 users say thank you to Matt White for this KICKASS post:

Dave's Bitch (01-29-2012),DLR Bridge (01-28-2012)

Thread Information