Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90 second clips of the entire album from vhfrance on youtube!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the "You wanna be a monk, you gotta cook a lot of rice" in Stay Frosty! Untouchable lyrics. Give me something even in the ballpark Sammy... chirp chirp... nothing...

Comment

Sammy Hagar is the worst lyricist in rock music ever! Dave on the hand is lyrical genius.... the attitude is back...

Van Halen with Hagar had NO BALLS!!!

Yeah... i'll admit Sammy Hagar may be a better technical singer... more range etc etc.... he still sounds the same...

But what is the point of having a talented voice... when you have the fucking personality of a #2 pencil???

Shitty lyrics.... pimpin your shitty mexican tequila every two seconds.... dressed like Ronald McDonald....

Stay far away Sammy..... Dave is proving right now that you NEVER EXISTED!!!!!!!

Comment

Actually, he has been losing a lot of his High's over the past 10 years. Thank god.

Comment

Originally posted by WARF View Post
          Sammy Hagar is the worst lyricist in rock music ever! Dave on the hand is lyrical genius.... the attitude is back...

Van Halen with Hagar had NO BALLS!!!

Yeah... i'll admit Sammy Hagar may be a better technical singer... more range etc etc.... he still sounds the same...

But what is the point of having a talented voice... when you have the fucking personality of a #2 pencil???

Shitty lyrics.... pimpin your shitty mexican tequila every two seconds.... dressed like Ronald McDonald....

Stay far away Sammy..... Dave is proving right now that you NEVER EXISTED!!!!!!!
          NICE !! Well not really!! I used to like this guy a little until about 10 years ago. His book taught me what a asshole he really is !! All about the money. Stilll like Montrose though. He was young and hungry !! Even some of 5150 and Balance is good. Mostly the music.

Comment

I would never wish death on anyone... but damn.... we had a small group of people in the Diamond Mafia at vhlinks...

Rippin the band a new asshole.... All we wanted was the only band that ever mattered to reunite with Dave...

I was fired so many times... but I refused to keep my mouth shut....

I didn't care... I still don't care... I will never been a tool for this site or any other site....

Van Halen without Dave is NOT VAN HALEN!!!!
            I remember your ou812 testicle thread like it was yesterday. My first thought was those Army guys are out of their minds. Remember the ToD stuff and Billy 007. PD was the first board I ever was at. Then I started reading stuff from Army people and found I couldn't really disagree with any of it because I got it. You had the exploding head thing from scanners. You guys knew how to make a point but in the most shocking way.

Comment

Originally posted by 78/84 guy View Post
              NICE !! Well not really!! I used to like this guy a little until about 10 years ago. His book taught me what a asshole he really is !! All about the money. Stilll like Montrose though. He was young and hungry !! Even some of 5150 and Balance is good. Mostly the music.
              I'm not saying 5150 or balance or any of the Hagar albums are bad.

How could I rate something I never listened to???

The only stuff I heard from Van Hagar were when I forced to listen in a car... or in a bar on the jukebox.

Shit.... I still haven't heard any of his albums completely.... Poundcake was OKAY.... that's my take....

Comment

Shitty lyrics.... pimpin your shitty mexican tequila every two seconds.
                So we'll get pissed and not pay attention to the lyrics, instead just stumble around sloshed like Sammy wants throwing the vagina with two hands going "Woooo!" getting up in the morning in a haze thinking you had a good time.
                You'd reckon the penny might drop when the listener actually sits down to disect the album. But - just like some people refuse to read (EVH in CFTH anyone!) some also refuse to DEAL with the lyrics. Too much fucking hard work. That's why Sammy has SOME popularity, although I wouldn't want all those airhead followers at my show, and the groupies would be pretty laughable too.

Comment

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills View Post
                  I remember your ou812 testicle thread like it was yesterday. My first thought was those Army guys are out of their minds. Remember the ToD stuff and Billy 007. PD was the first board I ever was at. Then I started reading stuff from Army people and found I couldn't really disagree with any of it because I got it. You had the exploding head thing from scanners. You guys knew how to make a point but in the most shocking way.
                  Ah, dude the classic exploding head avatar. There was an uproar here about it because some chick complained to staff for me to take down the avatar, because her brother committed suicide with a shotgun. Needless to say.... I made the avatar a little bit bigger... and put an extra one in my signature!!! haha

We even lost one of our moderators to the official site.

That was a nice flame war... using the Roth Army as a stepping stone to get on the official site...

So much behind the scenes drama at the Roth Army....

The Max Vs. Fab dog cookie controversy hahaha....

If you guys only knew...

Comment

I started a thread at the pleasure dome called, "Eddie Van Halen got cancer on his tongue from all the lies out of his mouth"

We were ruthless back then.... but essentially all we wanted was Dave back in the band...

I admit... when Eddie was drunk smoking cigs at the LAPD tournament...

I wanted that fucker to crash his golf cart into a lake and drown.... it may have been harsh...

But this is a band I love... and wasn't gonna settle for no VHIII or Sammy Hagar....

Sorry Eddie for all the harsh words.... WARF LOVES YOU!!!!!!!
                    My first ever thread here back in 2000 or so was 'Would people think a lot more of Eddie if he had died in 1985?'

Comment

Or "Sometimes I wish Van Halen smacked into a mountain coming back from germany in 1984" LOL

We had some crazy fucking threads here at the army back then....

Comment

If you guys only knew...
                        Oh, Christ. MAX would call me all the time when that was going on, and we'd laugh so hard it would bring tears to our eyes. The next minute, we would be in awe of how spooky and downright scary it all was. Definitely a strange, almost magical time.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Ah, dude the classic exploding head avatar. There was an uproar here about it because some chick complained to staff for me to take down the avatar, because her brother committed suicide with a shotgun. Needless to say.... I made the avatar a little bit bigger... and put an extra one in my signature!!! haha

We even lost one of our moderators to the official site.

That was a nice flame war... using the Roth Army as a stepping stone to get on the official site...

If you guys only knew...
                          Didn't Max chomp on one of those buggers himself?

Comment

Man, I don't remember it all that clearly. I do know Wolf would bake them in his own oven, so it is possible he sent out some samples to people.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

I wish MAX was still alive to tell the story...

I don't remember much... back then I used to sit in front of here and down bottles of Jameson and blackout....

Then I would chase my booze with every other fucking thing I could find....

I am surprised they never found me face down dead in the toilet.... suffocated from a banana split like ELVIS!!!

Comment

You and Your Blues as of now, with just the preview, is already in my top 5 Van Halen songs of all time. this LP KICKS MAJOR ASS...It is better in my opinion than Diver Down and 1984. This is good, this really really good. If someone asked me what Van Halen was, I would play this LP and say this defines Van Halen as much as any of the first four lps...it does not get better than that. Stay Frosty is Ice Cream Man on steroids LOL. I'm so ecstatic right now!
                                I got lost in the...

Comment

Working...
                                X