The Official Van Halen, "You and your Blues" review thread.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The Official Van Halen, "You and your Blues" review thread.

Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-30-2012, 09:28 PM.
  • Jetstream
    Foot Soldier
    • Dec 2011

My favorite track off the new Lp from the 90 second samples along with Chinatown and Stay Frosty. The riff and melody of this track is so Van Halen...classic stuff
    I got lost in the...

Comment

• hain23x
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2004

The pre chorus and chorus are incredible
      Eat Us and Smile!
      Alright!!! Lemme' se yo hands!!

Comment

• Pennypacker
        Foot Soldier
        • Mar 2009

Longer version

Comment

• Pennypacker
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2009

Interesting that VanHalen twitter account retweeted TwitterMusic:

EXCLUSIVE: Check out this clip of @VanHalen's "You and Your Blues"! Their new album is out next week! #VHcountdown

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
            Head Fluffer
            • Nov 2004

with a title like "you and your blues i was hoping to hear dave play some bluesy harmonica licks ......

Comment

• VAiN
              Use my hand, I won't look
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

The tone has a hint of 'Don't Tell Me (what cheese can do)', but it works.. it's big and fat and chugs, like hagar, but with none of the cheesey aftertaste. I'm diggin it!
              Originally posted by wiseguy
              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Combat Ready
                Foot Soldier
                • Mar 2007

Seriously---Song is bad ass and backing vocals lack nothing......

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

I like it. I like it a lot!
                  WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• kingedward
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Jan 2012

My second favorite, After Chinatown. I'm really liking the tone Edwards trying on this stuff. Liking Dave's voice more and more.

Comment

• Little Texan
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The music sounds like a Van Hagar leftover from the Balance era, and Dave, yet again, works his lyrical magic on a leftover Hagar era tune. Makes you wonder what Dave could've done with all of the better riffs of the Hagar years that Sam totally ruined with his shit lyrics and grating voice. I think this is what 90's Van HALEN would've sounded like had Dave never left.
                      Last edited by Little Texan; 01-31-2012, 11:40 PM. Reason: Of course I'm heavily speculating about this being a Van Hagar leftover.

Comment

• slowhand
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Little Texan
                        The music sounds like a Van Hagar leftover from the Balance era, and Dave, yet again, works his lyrical magic on a leftover Hagar era tune. Makes you wonder what Dave could've done with all of the better riffs of the Hagar years that Sam totally ruined with his shit lyrics and grating voice. I think this is what 90's Van HALEN would've sounded like had Dave never left.
                        If you play this song backwards you can hear Dave saying "fuck Sammy Hagar" when he says "now everybody suffers" at end of the song. No joke. I hear a few other things in there too....with a little imagination.
                        I got bass speakers bigger than most people's automobile. -David Lee Roth

Comment

• vanshipman
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Apr 2004

I have a feeling this song is going to be one of the best on the album...but man...thats a pretty tall order!!! Theyre all killer. When is the last time that you bought an album by anyone, where every track was great? If you have, I wanna know what it is. Imagine how Sammy Hagar must really feel after hearing this new music...LOL Only a moron like Hagar would be stupid enough to publicly say that this music is bland. I guess after rolling up his bright red and yellow sleeves and writing his super inspired tunes for Chickensoup, aaaand being all proud of it, then hearing this new VH...its gotta sting a bit. LOL Oh well Sammy, youve always got your birthday to look forward to...

Comment

• SNIPER
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jun 2004

I love the lyrics in this one. Really makes the song better. This one is now in my top 5 off this cd.

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                              Damn LT,That First Sentence Almost Got You Put Into The Sheep Pen.
                              First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Working...