• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

##########
    Last edited by Mr Walker; 02-10-2012, 03:19 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

Originally posted by fryingdutchman View Post
      For some reason, I'm not totally on board with "Stay Frosty" yet.

It's definitely a grower for me, and once it kicks into gear it really rocks.

But the early parts of the song seem a little rough. I know it's a blues riff and Dave is jamming along, but it sometimes sounds like he's trying to jam too many lyrics in at once, and then the "Stay Frosty" comes in a little late and "rushed." Anyone else picking that up?
      Yeah...a little bit...however, if it didn't have the rushed quality it would have sounded a bit TOO much like a ripoff of Ice Cream Man, rather than like an homage...

Many of the lyrics are grin-inducingly silly, but once it kicks into gear when the band first joins in...I just can't stop smiling.

Dave lets a great scream rip toward the the end of tune while Ed is soloing...although undoubtedly Calderone will say said scream was a case of the band sampling it from one of the 6 pack albums
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

yeah this is 100% exactly what it is all about. This is like Van Halen Hashish. The best part distilled down into a little chunk. This what we've all been waiting for for 25 years. Stay Fuckin Frosty Motherfuckers!

Badass down home blues that kicks into a huge stomp with a great tagline! I want to stay frostiest the most! Fuck ya man! Van fuckin' Halen! Fuck! I can't believe they actually made a song like this. So fuckin' stoked to play it all summer long.
        gnaw on it

Comment

Originally posted by ODShowtime View Post
          Badass down home blues that kicks into a huge stomp with a great tagline! I want to stay frostiest the most! Fuck ya man! Van fuckin' Halen! Fuck! I can't believe they actually made a song like this. So fuckin' stoked to play it all summer long.
          I can't top that quote. I just love Stay Frosty....packs a helluva wallop when then rest of the band kicks in!! Im Staying Frosty right now, dammit!
          I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

Can't believe I didn't respond in the thread about my favoritest song -- Down home blues and boogie and some of the damndest lyrics on the whole album. LOVE IT.

Oh dear.

Comment

Best damn tune on the whole album! Hit me right between the ears first time I listened to it .

Definitely my favorite ! This tune is very Dave . I gotta mention this , the sound quality of this album

kicks almighty ass ! It just fills my entire truck cab with sonic , bombastic NOIZE !

Well done =VH= , well done !

Comment

I like this song it's unique ...I like the new CD

Comment

This song is fucken magical. It's one of the best things VH ever did, period. The Rolling Stone reviewer said it's "4 minutes of why VH is awesome." I saw on iTunes that other than Tattoo (which people bought because it was the single), it's the top-selling song on the album.

I think DLR's "ow-ow-ows" are brought to the front a wee-bit too much, but that's my only beef here. His bluesy voice--which cannot be duplicated--is on fully display and when the electric and acoustic guitars smash together, it's boner time. The ending is phenomenal, as well. Great number!

Comment

Do we know if it's DLR playing the acoustic? I'd like to think that's him--it's certainly his sound. If it is him, I hold out hope that it can be done live.

Comment

Yeah like I've mentioned before, a short acoustical thing during the show with STAY FROSTY , TAKE YOUR WHISKY HOME/COULD THIS BE MAGIC ...........

must be DAMN GOOD (times)

Comment

my friend told me his 6 yr old son requested stay frosty in the car on the way to school yesterday...said they played it 3 times!!!...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chi-town324 View Post
                          my friend told me his 6 yr old son requested stay frosty in the car on the way to school yesterday...said they played it 3 times!!!...LOL
                          cool
                          fuck your fucking framing

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                            Yeah...a little bit...however, if it didn't have the rushed quality it would have sounded a bit TOO much like a ripoff of Ice Cream Man, rather than like an homage...

Many of the lyrics are grin-inducingly silly, but once it kicks into gear when the band first joins in...I just can't stop smiling.

Dave lets a great scream rip toward the the end of tune while Ed is soloing...although undoubtedly Calderone will say said scream was a case of the band sampling it from one of the 6 pack albums
                            Great scream , seems like its new , this tune kicks so much ass !

Comment

Stay Frosty must be played live on this tour at every show. What the hell are they thinking not including this song so far? This is an easy song for VH to do. Maybe waiting for their arrival on the west coast.

Comment

Damn, My car is Frosty, forgot to put it in the garage. Have to run the defroster for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X