Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TwoFoolsAMinute
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

This tune just sounds relaxed and natural. I can't quite explain it, but it just works. It's like nobody was trying too hard so it came together perfect....flawless. It has the feel of a rock song from a time gone.

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TwoFoolsAMinute
      This tune just sounds relaxed and natural. I can't quite explain it, but it just works. It's like nobody was trying too hard so it came together perfect....flawless. It has the feel of a rock song from a time gone.
      It really does...it feels like it could have came right off of Van Halen or Van Halen 2...am really digging the guitar work on this one throughout, solo included (some of the solos on ADKOT, while well-executed, are a bit throwaway in terms of being memorable - Big River ain't one of them).
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• golitely
        Roadie
        • Nov 2011

I've had a chance to listen to the album straight thru 4 times this morning and this song is really growing on me. It has that 70s big rock feel to it.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Big River is the song that has moved the most up the liking scale for me. At first it wa way down the list. I only listen to it as the filler between the songs I liked a lot. Wasn't really paying attention. Suddenly actually HEARD the solo and how long it is, and just crazy good & nuanced...I thought, wait....what song is this again? Took a sec to realize it was Big River. Just amazing stuff as you listen more closely. It's approaching the top spot rather fast. It's currently in 3rd behind As Is & Stay Frosty.

3rd WAS Honeybaby......it's 4th now.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

at 2.30, it sounds like ed makes the guitar say 'big river'. very cool tune.

Comment

• rocking ron
              Head Fluffer
              • Sep 2010

BIG RIVER is having a VH II 'feel' for sure!!

I hope they're gonna play this one live, maybe instead of CHINA TOWN, less high notes so easier to sing for Dave!!!

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

It's a damn good drinking song,....you can really sing-along with the 2nd verse...with conviction!!

Tested and approved

Comment

• Yount
                  Commando
                  • Jan 2012

The debris meets the sea when the tide rolls in

Comment

Working...