Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DLR Bridge
    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

There is a great missing verse from this song. Check out the lyrics (not with me at the moment). Something to the effect of Creendence told him but Tina sold him or whatever. Little nod to rolling on the river. I think the words are great, but I've associated this riff with horny male highschool hi jinks for decades now. Still getting used to the "mature" theme.

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

This is my favorite song on the album.... I love that thumping RUNNING WITH THE DEVIL sound!!!

Comment

• Marcus
        Roadie
        • Oct 2004

I really hope they play this one live. Can't get enough of it!

Comment

• ODShowtime
          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

The original demo part of this is ok but the jam-out they added (or that I don't remember) is hella awesome.
          gnaw on it

Comment

• DLR Bridge
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

"Credence told me. Tina sold me. At first I was unconvinced. Been Rollin' on that river ever since."

A great line peculiarly omitted from the song. Wonder why.

Comment

• LW-Viper
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Feb 2007

Big River.....Oh yeah!!

like the harmony......I am impressed with CD....Eddie tears it up

Comment

• Zing!
                Veteran
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                There is a great missing verse from this song. Check out the lyrics (not with me at the moment). Something to the effect of Creendence told him but Tina sold him or whatever. Little nod to rolling on the river. I think the words are great, but I've associated this riff with horny male highschool hi jinks for decades now. Still getting used to the "mature" theme.
                Funny things is when I listen to this tune, that's exactly what it calls to mind. Sun shining windows down, Van Halen blasting with inner-tubes and a styrofoam cooler packed with beers and ice thrown in the back. Heading down to the river with friends to go tubing and maybe some extra-curricular fun on a sandbar with the ladies if you know what I mean. Big River takes me back just like that to those great summer afternoons in the mid 80's when you didn't worry about a damn thing but sex, drugs, and rock & roll. Hell, it beats workin'!
                Last edited by Zing!; 02-16-2012, 05:13 PM. Reason: Tubes were flat.
                My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                  ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

I'm starting to get that vibe. I still like the "I'm out the window" from the WB demo. What does he say now? Look both ways now? Just doesn't hit with same impact. Still a great tune indeed.

Comment

• vanshipman
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2004

Love this version way better and Eddie is killing it. Right before the solo kicks in he's doing his old school low string pick squall, followed by a dive bomb...BRUTALLY AWESOME.

Comment

• SNIPER
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jun 2004

I have been listening to ADKOT on shuffle the last couple of days. I like not knowing what song is next it helps me pick up on different shit . I can't say it enough but this cd fucking slams. Every fucking song rules. Just like the 6 pack you never need to skip a song.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vanshipman
                        Love this version way better and Eddie is killing it. Right before the solo kicks in he's doing his old school low string pick squall, followed by a dive bomb...BRUTALLY AWESOME.
                        Ed does a quick run right as the solo is ending just before they go into the chorus...after the hammer on parts...first time I heard that quick run I said "whoah" out loud
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

Oh yeah, and I love this solo too. It has the old Eddie style going on and that sweet little run Ed does after the solo is bad ass! ...This album captures every element of the band I fell in love with back in the day. They are still my heros.

Comment

• Zing!
                            Veteran
                            • Oct 2011

Keep coming back to this song. I think 'Big River' might be the song that defines this album for me. Has a lot to do with all the shit going down with life in general - the economy, election, money, and on and on - just so bad ass to hear a song that makes you think of good times and that life ain't all paying bills and being a slave to the grind. This tune takes me back to great fucking memories just like anything from the 6-pack. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think they could improve on 'Big Trouble,' but here it is - even my kids love it. Gots that catchy hook that just makes you want to scream 'ROLLING!'
                            My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

It has a big, fun, summertime-ish vibe to it that sounds like sunshine and beer in a cooler.
                              "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• sadaist
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jul 2004

I think Big River may be the best performance of Daves voice on the whole album. Not sure if it was luck of the draw (cause 1 song had to be the best vocally), or if this song strikes an emotional chord within Dave that the others don't quite reach. He sounds inspired here. he's feeling it.
                                “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...