The Official Van Halen, "Beats Workin" review thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Van Halen, "Beats Workin" review thread

Last edited by Seshmeister; 01-30-2012, 09:33 PM.

I like how the lyrics and vocal melody have been changed, but the thing that bothers me the most about this one is the strained vocals and how Dave is singing out of his range...about the only song on the album, from the clips I've heard so far, that he does this on.

Comment

Longer clip.....

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

I like the intro. I hadn't heard that on other clips...
        You're gonna hear the angels sing...

Comment

Hmmm, Dave is doing the out of range thing a little here.. At least it's buried. To be honest, it's no different than what bass player would be doing.
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Ahhh the "new octave" is back. Well, every track I have heard so far besides this is KICKASS.
            You can't win them all, but I'll listen to the whole song to judge.

Comment

Wolfs contribution to this tune is
              just badass!!

Comment

This is my favorite song on the album.
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

This is the worst on the album...

Sounds like it should be on A Little Ain't Enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Rikk View Post
                    This is my favorite song on the album.
                    Figures...

Comment

I love this tune. That distorted bass part with the guitar solo is sick!! Reminds me of the end jam out to Drop Dead Legs vibe.

Comment

Its a solid tune.

The entire album is DAMN GOOD
                        “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

Comment

This is the song that I wouldn't share with anyone when discussing new Van Halen...

The oxycontin meets helium vocals is the same high range crap that nobody around here liked when Dave first started doing it on ALAE...

Although he sings in the high register better than he used to, it's better he keep it to a minimum...

The jamming in the song is cool as anything on the album, but the MTV theme song sounding riff sounds way too sleeze rockish and dated...

Another one for the cutting room floor...

Comment

Well cut it then.

This is the 21st century there is absolutely zero stopping you.

I can't understand this ridiculously prehistoric attitude people have saying that an album should have less songs. Maybe in the olden times of LPs that made some sense but not now, you want as much output to choose from as possible.

Comment

I don't really think in terms of singles... but this song would be great for a beer commercial

Comment

Working...
                              X