X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roth & Roll
    Foot Soldier
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
    Mike and Sam sure like to talk a lot about VH dont they?
    I'll never lump Mike in the same category as Spammy. Mike is light-years ahead in every way. His only fault was aligning himself with the fat tequila salesman.
    http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by john jacob
      just my low opinion of you dude. Fuck off
      bwahahahahahahaha!!!

Hit the road ass-clown!!!

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

I just love these kants crying & pining for "the CLASSIC back ground vocals" of Hot-sauce......

I said it to the rubes on the GUITAR WORLD FB page...I ain't NEVER bought a cd because of farking "background vocals".......stupidest thing I've ever heard

He hasn't played on a VH record since 1981.............

Hell, they barely let the guy screech on those 3 turds Spambot recorded in 2004.............

He's got his money & his fame...........

Later Bass Player.............

There's a NEW VAN HALEN on board

Comment

• MUSICMANN
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by smorgdonkey
          I don't see that at all. Ed was not doing anything related to music and Sam got him to go and play bass in his band. Mike never told Ed that he quit...he probably thought that Ed was done and that's also likely why he signed away his 'future rights' with Van Halen. Ed used the tour to leverage Mike into signing. If Mike didn't sign then Ed would have just fired him outright after the tour.

The thing that I don't get in all of this is the people who say "Mike made the wrong choice" when I don't see where Mike made any choice. He played bass and he was never given an either/or. It has always been the Eddie fanatics who seemed to take that stand because they don't want to put it on Eddie. It is on Eddie.

Mike was just happy to play bass often and he made hotsauce - sure as F Haggis likes to eat and hotsauce goes with everything.

Life is full of the choices we make. MA made the wrong choice by going out and playing with fuckwade Spammy, instead of just going out and doing his own thing and being supportive of what was going on with Ed and the shit he was going through. Hell, all the nasty shit that Ed and Dave said about each other all through the years, still Dave called and lent a helping hand. Of course he knew how much Ed couldn't stand spammy no more, and he thought the best thing to do was to go out and tour with the guy. MA brought this upon himself, by letting spammy sway his opinion of people he basically grew up with and worked with for way more years than he knew that fuckstick.

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
            I just love these kants crying & pining for "the CLASSIC back ground vocals" of Hot-sauce......

I said it to the rubes on the GUITAR WORLD FB page...I ain't NEVER bought a cd because of farking "background vocals".......stupidest thing I've ever heard

He hasn't played on a VH record since 1981.............

Hell, they barely let the guy screech on those 3 turds Spambot recorded in 2004.............

He's got his money & his fame...........

Later Bass Player.............

There's a NEW VAN HALEN on board
            Is this John Jacob swinging from Mike's lowers?
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Oh, never mind...he's banned already.

8 whole posts.

Wow. Guess we're being Johnny On the Spot about bannings these days?

LOL
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Aw, man.......

At least give us till after dinner to smack 'em around a bit
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• chi-town324
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Feb 2007

MA's background vocals are overrated

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by kwame k
                    Aw, man.......

At least give us till after dinner to smack 'em around a bit
                    Damn did I miss another troll?

Fuck Me! Next time someone send me a PM or something so I can join in.

Comment

• Yount
                      Commando
                      • Jan 2012

"And, hey, it'll be nice to hear some of those old songs again that I haven't played in a long time."

He'd leave chickenfoot in an instant to go back to VH. Just my opinion.

Comment

• smorgdonkey
                        Roadie
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
                        MA brought this upon himself, by letting spammy sway his opinion of people he basically grew up with and worked with for way more years than he knew that fuckstick.
                        That's the part that I don't get. I haven't heard Mike slag any of them except for Dave when Mike was Ed's lapdog. Who says Mike didn't call once per week? It's not like Ed was going to be friendly with him knowing that he was going to have the kid play bass anyway.

It's just stupid anyway, like Gene Simmons' kid putting on the Ace makeup and taking over on tour. I know, that hasn't happened - YET!

Originally posted by chi-town324
                        Try saying that 2 octaves up.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
                          Last Friday my 14 year old son was going through my old bootleg DVDs looking for something to watch and he took out the VH show from Largo 1982. I sat with him for a few minutes checking it out and I asked him what he thought. He said "I don't think I can watch this... the background vocals really suck!"... wasn't expecting that response but laughed at how true the statement was. I also felt the same way today when I was listening to a VH show from Pasadena 1977. Mike's voice kinda reminded me of the noise I hear when my brake pads need replacing. They are called 'background vocals' because they are supposed to sit nice in the background and add to the overall sound of the band... not trying to overpower everything else with loud hi-pitched undisciplined yelps.
                          Last edited by Mr Walker; 01-30-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

• kwame k
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                            Damn did I miss another troll?

Fuck Me! Next time someone send me a PM or something so I can join in.
                            Is your email addy still.....I'm_a_racist_cunt112@whitepower.com ?

I keed
                            Originally posted by vandeleur
                            E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Jetstream
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Dec 2011

Mike has taken the high road, but really...he is not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box...these people often get seen as a nice through their ho hum attitude of not being involved in things beyond them (like writing lyrics and the main melodies to songs). I don't think Mike is a bad guy or a good guy, he your average dude. Here is a question worth pondering (for a very short time because I luv the new LP by Van Halen)...why didn't Mike ask Dave if he could play bass for him when Van Halen was doing nothing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Case closed
                              I got lost in the...

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                                Sniper
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jetstream
                                Mike has taken the high road, but really...he is not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box...these people often get seen as a nice through their ho hum attitude of not being involved in things beyond them (like writing lyrics and the main melodies to songs). I don't think Mike is a bad guy or a good guy, he your average dude. Here is a question worth pondering (for a very short time because I luv the new LP by Van Halen)...why didn't Mike ask Dave if he could play bass for him when Van Halen was doing nothing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Case closed
                                Hit nail on head. Why did he side with that fat fucker, and not Dave. MA, is the reason he's not in the band anymore. Who cares really, Wolf Van Freakin Halen is the bass player now.

Comment

Working...