• Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
    Oh, never mind...he's banned already.

8 whole posts.

Wow. Guess we're being Johnny On the Spot about bannings these days?

LOL
    what'a all this banning shit these days???? where is the fun now kicking these asswipes around????
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Yount
      Commando
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by bueno bob
      Yeah, more or less. I hated the thought at first
      takes guts, goodonyamate

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
        Van Halen is/was ABSOLUTELY a two man operation. I could play bass or drums in Van Halen right now and you wouldn't even know the difference unless you saw me. And I am not even a good bass player or drummer. Furthermore we all know Dave and Ed wrote ALL of the songs.
        Now, now... don't go talkin out your ass... No need to go embarrassing yourself.

In a blind test I'd know the difference in two beats within a measure.

Clearly you don't have the knowledge nor experience to know what went into composing and recording all of the Van Halen material. At least 4 people went into the studio and 4 performances made it to tape. I think we all acknowledge Ed's guitar contributions and Dave's melodies and lyrical genius. The bass and drums are not optional plug-n-play modules. It's all an integral part of the VH magic... A riff track with scratch vocals does not a hit song make...
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• clarathecarrot
          Full Member Status

• May 2010

MA can change his mind as he matures and he has the freedom to bash and then forgive ..like how I remember all those women I made love in my youth, too, and in my heart I really meant, just the tip.

Now, that I have mature'd I wish I could see them all again and just knock off one more piece of that ass.

Mutha On Bitches.
          2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
          clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• evil_lil
            Groupie
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Rikk
            One thing I can't take about Mike at this point is the scores of people whining that he's not in the band.
            I think it's just become fashionable with certain mouth breathing youtube commenters who were never really Van Halen fans to begin with

Comment

• smorgdonkey
              Roadie
              • Jul 2004

It is bizarre how people say that Mike 'alligned himself' with Haggis...Haggis was ED's choice to be in the band. Ed wrote many albums of SHIT with that guy. MANY albums of shit and sold it like it was cotton candy at the fair. So, because Haggis treats Mike like a human being rather than a lapdog, and then Mike decides to hang out with the guy (come on man...chubby kids stick together) everyone blames Mike? Ed brought that annoying wannabe into the fold and loved it all.

Whether you care or not if Mike is in the current line-up, it isn't Haggis' fault and it isn't Mike's fault. It is Ed's doing because he is a control freak egomaniac.

The f'n end.

Comment

• kwame k
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Feb 2008

Wow....I just wished someone would of said that years ago, ad nauseam
                Originally posted by vandeleur
                E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

End of the day, it is Mike that worked hard to make the '96 reunion not happen. He was against Dave being there from the beginning and let it be known. And he was the fat bass player.

Ed and Al had the final say and fucked it all up, but Mike sure helped the '96 reunion not happen.

And for him I don't feel remotely bad. He can fuck himself.
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• DLR7884
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                    End of the day, it is Mike that worked hard to make the '96 reunion not happen. He was against Dave being there from the beginning and let it be known. And he was the fat bass player.

Ed and Al had the final say and fucked it all up, but Mike sure helped the '96 reunion not happen.

And for him I don't feel remotely bad. He can fuck himself.
                    Nicely written, Rikk. That hot sauce peddler can fuck himself. He's a marginal bass player at best and his background vox are overrated.

DLR7884
                    There's no way he played a single note on Fair Warning.
                    Originally Posted by WARF:
                    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Now now. "Marginal bass player at best"? Not true. Sure he ain't Tal Wilkenfeld, but for the type of music they were playing, he was pretty fucking good.

It is all academic. I posted after seeing "She's The Woman" that I did not give a fuck if Mikey ever came back. He wanted to be with Spambot. He has money. He is set for life. And he does not have to deal with Ed or Dave. Just the screechklown in his current chickenshit band.

Wolfy has had the torch passed to HIM. I am all for it. He is a fucking badass, and IF Mikey never plays in Van Halen again, I am fine with it. Sure I would love it if he were to do so.

But it is irrelevant to worry about it now.

Comment

• golitely
                        Roadie
                        • Nov 2011

I have never gotten all this moaning over St. Michael of Pasadena. If he had been the one who had left/was pushed in 1985, there would have been one line in the RS Random Notes (“longtime Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony replaced by Billy Sheehan”) and nothing more. Not one fan—not one—would have defected over Bassplayer’s departure.
                        Even now, I think fans are more angry over how it was handled, not that he is no longer in the band. The way I see it, the guy was the target of workplace mobbing for 30 years and he put up with it a) for the money, b) he knew he’d never get another gig half as sweet, and c) he’s a total pussy utterly lacking in self-esteem. I’m not going to say he got what he deserved, but after you’ve made some decent bank, if you continue to put up with that shit then you’ve got to know some day it’ll bite you in the ass, especially when seeing all the other folks EVH turned on.
                        People confuse meekness, or plain out cowardice, with virtue. Turn the other cheek is a wonderful philosophy of self-restraint and forgiveness more should follow, but sometimes you’ve got to stand up for yourself and clock the mf back.

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

EXACTLY!!!

Grow a set....like Jason Newsted....who said..."F-U-C-K YOU! I'm taking my millions and leaving this sinking ship! AND I'm gonna go and make music that IS FUN!!!"

So...fuck "Hot-Sauce"...................he stood by and bent anyway the winds of fortune blew.....

"BYE BYE SUM-BITCH"!!!

Comment

• smorgdonkey
                            Roadie
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by golitely
                            People confuse meekness, or plain out cowardice, with virtue. Turn the other cheek is a wonderful philosophy of self-restraint and forgiveness more should follow, but sometimes you’ve got to stand up for yourself and clock the mf back.
                            I get what you mean but people would be furious if Mike called out Ed for what Ed is/was...they'd be calling him ungrateful and a backstabber and eevry name in the book. Because he chooses to not get into the mud slinging now people will call him a coward, spineless, etc. Well, I don't know him so I can't say...all I can do is judge by what I have seen and by what I've seen he was Ed's lapdog, super loyal tro the VH brothers, but now he gets treated like a person and he already has as much money as anyone could ever need so I bet that he is completely unaware that thyere are a bunch of people backing him and a bunch of people stabbing him in the back because he just plays music, enjoys himself and lives a life like few can imagine...even if it is often spent with Haggis .

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by smorgdonkey
                              I get what you mean but people would be furious if Mike called out Ed for what Ed is/was...they'd be calling him ungrateful and a backstabber and eevry name in the book. Because he chooses to not get into the mud slinging now people will call him a coward, spineless, etc.
                              It's pretty much a no win situation for him.. He seems cool with things, so good for him. He's taking a high road - a certain fat singer should follow his example.
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• smorgdonkey
                                Roadie
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                                It's pretty much a no win situation for him.. He seems cool with things, so good for him. He's taking a high road - a certain fat singer should follow his example.
                                I agree...I even think that Fatty McSinger would seem a lot more noble if he took it down to about 50% - then it would just be a little jabbing. You can bet that if Ed is ever to comment that he'll let it fly pretty hard at Mr. Haggis. When he hit the airwaves with the 'Sauce Sobeleski' comments that time I thought that he was pretty ruthless so he probably has some real heavies saved up for the real target of his current hate.

Comment

Working...