Thread: MA on songwriting credits

turbo enigma
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSICMANN View Post
    MA brought this upon himself, by letting spammy sway his opinion of people he basically grew up with and worked with for way more years than he knew that fuckstick.
    That's the part that I don't get. I haven't heard Mike slag any of them except for Dave when Mike was Ed's lapdog. Who says Mike didn't call once per week? It's not like Ed was going to be friendly with him knowing that he was going to have the kid play bass anyway.

It's just stupid anyway, like Gene Simmons' kid putting on the Ace makeup and taking over on tour. I know, that hasn't happened - YET!

Quote Originally Posted by chi-town324 View Post
    MA's background vocals are overrated
    Try saying that 2 octaves up.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    MA's background vocals are overrated
    Last Friday my 14 year old son was going through my old bootleg DVDs looking for something to watch and he took out the VH show from Largo 1982. I sat with him for a few minutes checking it out and I asked him what he thought. He said "I don't think I can watch this... the background vocals really suck!"... wasn't expecting that response but laughed at how true the statement was. I also felt the same way today when I was listening to a VH show from Pasadena 1977. Mike's voice kinda reminded me of the noise I hear when my brake pads need replacing. They are called 'background vocals' because they are supposed to sit nice in the background and add to the overall sound of the band... not trying to overpower everything else with loud hi-pitched undisciplined yelps.
    Last edited by Mr Walker; 01-30-2012 at 06:04 PM.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Damn did I miss another troll?

Fuck Me! Next time someone send me a PM or something so I can join in.
    Is your email addy still.....I'm_a_racist_cunt112@whitepower.com ?

I keed
    Quote Originally Posted by vandeleur View Post
    E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mike has taken the high road, but really...he is not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box...these people often get seen as a nice through their ho hum attitude of not being involved in things beyond them (like writing lyrics and the main melodies to songs). I don't think Mike is a bad guy or a good guy, he your average dude. Here is a question worth pondering (for a very short time because I luv the new LP by Van Halen)...why didn't Mike ask Dave if he could play bass for him when Van Halen was doing nothing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Case closed

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Mike has taken the high road, but really...he is not exactly the sharpest pencil in the box...these people often get seen as a nice through their ho hum attitude of not being involved in things beyond them (like writing lyrics and the main melodies to songs). I don't think Mike is a bad guy or a good guy, he your average dude. Here is a question worth pondering (for a very short time because I luv the new LP by Van Halen)...why didn't Mike ask Dave if he could play bass for him when Van Halen was doing nothing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Case closed
    Hit nail on head. Why did he side with that fat fucker, and not Dave. MA, is the reason he's not in the band anymore. Who cares really, Wolf Van Freakin Halen is the bass player now.

turbo enigma
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Here is a question worth pondering (for a very short time because I luv the new LP by Van Halen)...why didn't Mike ask Dave if he could play bass for him when Van Halen was doing nothing? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Case closed
    ...because he was on Ed's side of that fight since 1985 and Dave wouldn't have asked him to anyway. Mike was quite supportive of the Dave bashing back in the day so there was obviously no relationship between Mike and Dave. To me, that case was never open.

someone's doormat
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    To imply that the Mighty VH was a only two man operation... it just petty crap...
    Yeah poor Alex. Fools.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mike was in on the Dave bashing when he was in Van Halen.

Now that he's out of VH, he says Dave is the only reason he'd want to jam with the group again.

The guy has no core.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smorgdonkey View Post
    That's the part that I don't get. I haven't heard Mike slag any of them except for Dave when Mike was Ed's lapdog. Who says Mike didn't call once per week? It's not like Ed was going to be friendly with him knowing that he was going to have the kid play bass anyway.
    I don't think Ed was planning to have Wolf play base back in 2004 for two reasons.
    1. The kid was what 13 years old at the time.
    2. 2004 Ed didn't seem to be able to do much thinking or planning

LIGHT EM UP!!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mike always sounded like his nuts were caught in a pair of vise grips....honestly when they were playing live i never once focuses on Mike...hes gonna be fine kids...he's a multi millionaire..with a hot sauce line!

turbo enigma
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AccidentalAngel View Post
    I don't think Ed was planning to have Wolf play base back in 2004 for two reasons.
    1. The kid was what 13 years old at the time.
    2. 2004 Ed didn't seem to be able to do much thinking or planning
    Well, I must concede that your take sounds damn logical but I believe that Ed wanted to move Mike to an employee role rather than a lapdog with full band member status - the signing thing pretty much spells that out. The times he was asked about Mike were ridiculous though...Ed would deflect and say things to suggest that Mike could have come back but just didn't. How does one go back when the guy running the show gets you to sign away your affiliation?

Mike always sounded like his nuts were caught in a pair of vise grips....honestly when they were playing live i never once focuses on Mike...hes gonna be fine kids...he's a multi millionaire..with a hot sauce line!
    ...and that is true even if you don't agree with the vise grip assessment.

Speaking Cherry Red
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smorgdonkey View Post
    It's just stupid anyway, like Gene Simmons' kid putting on the Ace makeup and taking over on tour. I know, that hasn't happened - YET!
    I think Nick will end up on stage with makeup on...... Gene's that is. Anybody heard him sing on the last Bruce Kulick album? He'll be singing God of Thunder, not Shock Me.

Evan Stanley will take Paul's place and KISS will play on for another 40 years.
    "Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Yount View Post
    "And, hey, it'll be nice to hear some of those old songs again that I haven't played in a long time."

He'd leave chickenfoot in an instant to go back to VH. Just my opinion.
    Trust me, it's a FACT.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As far as "backing vocals" go, I always considered Mike a bit too high registered for my own personal tastes, although it DID make them unique and original.

That said, I don't buy albums for the backing vocals, so...I could give a shit less, really. Let them pump 'em in for the tour and I'll sit there smiling the whole time, doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSICMANN View Post
    I don't have but one big problem with MA. Instead of being loyal to VH, he chose to side with that Red Round Fat Spammy. MA was and will always be part of VH legacy and signature sound. Just a shame he took the route that was not really in his best interest. Hey, MA is a cool dude, a nice guy, but i think really gullible. He let The fat one get in his head and caused him to make some monumental friendship mistakes with Ed and AL and Dave for that matter. I think in the near future, as this new Album really starts to heat up and the fat fucker getting more and more crazy jealous, and continue to mouth off, MA will start to finally see how he was used by that prick and cost him his place in VH.
    Mike chose to align himself with the dark side. For that there will be no forgiveness. Never. Ever.
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

The Sophisticated Savage
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    Last Friday my 14 year old son was going through my old bootleg DVDs looking for something to watch and he took out the VH show from Largo 1982. I sat with him for a few minutes checking it out and I asked him what he thought. He said "I don't think I can watch this... the background vocals really suck!"... wasn't expecting that response but laughed at how true the statement was. I also felt the same way today when I was listening to a VH show from Pasadena 1977. Mike's voice kinda reminded me of the noise I hear when my brake pads need replacing. They are called 'background vocals' because they are supposed to sit nice in the background and add to the overall sound of the band... not trying to overpower everything else with loud hi-pitched undisciplined yelps.
    Very wise observation coming from your son. That has always been one of my very few gripes about the classic stuff. Anthony's voice kinda sounds at times like two cats fightin' over dinner down at the local dump!
    [

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    There's not much for Mike to go after... if the songs were never published or released there's not a lot to wrangle over legally.

I find some of the cheap shots slamming Mike rather childish. He was a full contributing member of Van Halen for 30+ years and well respected among many of the top musicians in the rock world. To imply that the Mighty VH was a only two man operation... it just petty crap...
    Van Halen is/was ABSOLUTELY a two man operation. I could play bass or drums in Van Halen right now and you wouldn't even know the difference unless you saw me. And I am not even a good bass player or drummer. Furthermore we all know Dave and Ed wrote ALL of the songs.

" Littering and...."
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Mike and Sam sure like to talk a lot about VH dont they?
    Well..being in Chickenfoot doesnt gather much attention..

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dave_is_vh View Post
    Van Halen is/was ABSOLUTELY a two man operation. I could play bass or drums in Van Halen right now and you wouldn't even know the difference unless you saw me. And I am not even a good bass player or drummer. Furthermore we all know Dave and Ed wrote ALL of the songs.

Now Al's not a good drummer

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I cunt believe anybody would waste this much bandwidth on "Hot-sauce Sobieski".........

Its not like Jaco Pastorius played for VAN HALEN...............

get the fuck over it

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt White View Post
    I cunt believe anybody would waste this much bandwidth on "Hot-sauce Sobieski".........

Its not like Jaco Pastorius played for VAN HALEN...............

get the fuck over it
    He seems fine with it, Van Halen seems fine with it........so why shouldn't I be fine with it?

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    NOW Mikes vocals were nothing? Amazing rationalizing. I guess if MA was singing background on Tattoo it would have fallen lower than #22. where was it last week? 16? And now? 22? yep, if Bassplayer was singing on it, it would NEVER have been in the top ten! Oh, wait.....it wasn't.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AccidentalAngel View Post
    I don't think Ed was planning to have Wolf play base back in 2004
    yeah, I think he played left field...

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "And, hey, it'll be nice to hear some of those old songs again that I haven't played in a long time."

Dude. Tubby opens his suckhole is for the sole point of attention. mainly the attention of the VH camp.

He would literally poison Chickentits and The Waborita's with uranium if it meant he would get the come home Lassie cal from howdy doody mountain...
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Bass player made a poor decision, simple as that. Sure, the VH bros weren't doing shit, buuuut, he knew they weren't in love with the round rocker. He knew this. He made his choice and the rest is history. I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for what bass player did, but at the end of the day, peace out, bass player.

I'm also of the opinion that bass players vocals are very overrated, especially live. They're just not that good to listen to, he sings like a woman. That CVH vocal sound was the direct end result of the great Mr.Ted Templeman.
    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy View Post
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Heater View Post
    NOW Mikes vocals were nothing? Amazing rationalizing. I guess if MA was singing background on Tattoo it would have fallen lower than #22. where was it last week? 16? And now? 22? yep, if Bassplayer was singing on it, it would NEVER have been in the top ten! Oh, wait.....it wasn't.
    You suck at life.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    Now Al's not a good drummer
    Wow... this is getting good.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....so by that logic BLONDES IN BLACK CARS should have been a HUGE hit for AUTOGRAPH...due to "Hot-Sauce" singing his majestic BACK GROUND VOCALS on that track?!?!

You sir are an idiot...............

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bueno bob View Post
    As far as "backing vocals" go, I always considered Mike a bit too high registered for my own personal tastes, although it DID make them unique and original.

That said, I don't buy albums for the backing vocals, so...I could give a shit less, really. Let them pump 'em in for the tour and I'll sit there smiling the whole time, doesn't bother me in the slightest.
    What happened to that other Bueno Bob who couldn't have been more in opposition to the whole thing? If I recall you wanted no part of a Van Halen without Mike? Have you come from the Dark side finally? Nice to have you back!
    Roth Army Canada

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by matt white View Post
    i cunt believe anybody would waste this much bandwidth on "hot-sauce sobieski".........

Its not like jaco pastorius played for van halen...............

Get the fuck over it
    seriously.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Matty, That made NO sense, no correlation. Nice try though. And speaking of vocals that don't hold up live.....

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Matty, That made NO sense, no correlation. Nice try though. And speaking of vocals that don't hold up live.....
    Kinda just proved my point genius...

Didn't think you'd get it without having a calk board in front of you.............

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What is a calk board? Try using two hands to type. dick.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Calk it up to experience! Ah-haa!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hate to break it to you Bleater but no one really puts that much effort/attention in replying to you

SHEEP PEN-JUNKHEAD
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Mullet O' Plugs never wrote a damn thing while in VH. He was lucky to get a writing credit on a single song in the entire catalog while he was with the band.

He's an over rated bassist (G,G,G,G,G,G,G....) and I'm convinced he didn't play on Fair Warning.

DLR7884
    He took the high road because he doesn't have a fucking leg to stand on.
    Originally Posted by WARF:
    DLR7884 - This guy is one bad ass sonafabitch... I've seen him destroy peoples posting careers in a single sentence.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleater View Post
    What is a calk board? Try using two hands to type. dick.
    You got me little fella............

Now I'm being lectured by the "sharpest nail in the bucket"..............

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Doesn't answer the question....WHAT is a calk board? Maybe your post would make more sense if you explained it. Nice picture, is that you on the left? Boom!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If he never wrote them, what a fucked up question to ask him ?

Yes, he spoke nicely about his former band, but a month ago
    was laughing his ass off with Sammy about Van Halens incompetence
    to get their shit together. I hope he really digs the album and tells
    Hagar the same.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

shit faced
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I give it three years and the kid says i can't play with 60 year olds. The last tour they have is with Mike. Wolfie has connections now. He will be wanted he can play drums and axe pretty good too. So in comes Mike with Dave's help and $$$$$$$$$$$. Sammy will be close to 70.
    Last edited by mug; 01-30-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Thread Information