Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pink Spider
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

There are literally no skipable songs on the album. It's almost like a best of album. That's how good the songs are. I'm just more amazed at this thing with every listen.

It might be the 15th or 20th listen before I get the lyrics or meanings just right, but it's just awesome when something clicks. This being Dave, it might take me years of listening.

Comment

• Pink Spider
      Sniper
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
      Driving home just now...playing Stay Frosty, and I got to have more volume. It just needed to be louder. Turn it up another notch and it still needed to be louder. Just...couldn't...get it...loud...enough...

It was like an itch that I just couldn't reach.

Here I was, a 42 year old man and I had the fucker up full blast. When's the last time you full-volume-blasted a Van Halen record for the first time?

This record makes me feel like i'm 16 again

This record makes me happy.
      I think I've lost some hearing from listening to this album yesterday. Completely worth it.

Comment

• fourthcoming

It's nice when you can just press play and enjoy....not have to walk over and jump to the next song. Every song kicks.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental

Here I was, a 42 year old man and I had the fucker up full blast. When's the last time you full-volume-blasted a Van Halen record for the first time?
          Let me put it this way....

This may very well be the first Van Halen album I've been able to full-volume blast for the first time on a REAL stereo system. (The others I could only do so when my parents weren't home. When they were, I was stuck with the crappy piece of shit turntable plugged into a boom box that I had in my bedroom)

So there's an illustration of exactly how long it's been since the last Van HALEN album.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• vanshipman
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2004

I was cranking "The Trouble with Never" yesterday and my wife was in the other room listening, I go in there after the songs done and she says are they singing thats the trouble with nymphos? lol She was kidding but did say that from across the house it sounded like nympho's...lol My reply was, well...what is the trouble with nympho's?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vanshipman
              I was cranking "The Trouble with Never" yesterday and my wife was in the other room listening, I go in there after the songs done and she says are they singing thats the trouble with nymphos? lol She was kidding but did say that from across the house it sounded like nympho's...lol My reply was, well...what is the trouble with nympho's?
              good question...
              Roth Army Icon
              First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

My dick has been rock solid for the last day while listening to this beast of an album. Thank you Dave, Ed, Al and Wolf for an amazing record.

Time for happy ending...
                23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

• Rikk
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

BEATS WORKIN'. One of the best Van Halen songs of all-time. I had goosebumps riding down the I-94 from a seminar for work this afteroon, singing along to this fucker. (Yeah, I'm biased, because I've always loved PUT OUT THE LIGHTS...but this is better.)

Goddamn, the guitar tones, drum sounds, pounding bass...Dave's vocals. Ah, Dave.

Truly a 7-pack now.

I remember when I was all but thrown out of the Links (and trashed by Brett) for bitching about the three Van Hagar songs on BEST OF BOTH WORLDS and trashing the idea of going to that "reunion tour" bomb. (Brett and I mended ways since, but seriously.)

I came here (already had registered) to post regularly, found similar folk that wanted to trash what was happening to the band's legacy. Great group of similarly-minded folk at this haven.

Now, the need for any anger is gone. I love Eddie Van Halen again. The reunion tour was only a taster.

But listening to STAY FROSTY on full-blast...

Listening to Ed's insane solo on BIG RIVER...

Blasting out my voice on BEATS WORKIN' (which was no easy feat, I already have a sore throat today)...

The band is no longer to me a nostalgia exercise.

I was nine-years-old when my best friend in school told me that there would be no follow-up to 1984. And I was bummed.

27 years later, it feels like time was a hiccup. And the world is right again.
                  Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                  Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• pkolb
                    Groupie
                    • Jun 2004

The main riff on "Honeybabysweetiedoll" sounds like "Outta Love Again," but then, "Outta Love Again" is killer!

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

my only complaint now is the songs finish too soon.

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                        my only complaint now is the songs finish too soon.
                        How Dare You.
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

I just got two copies!!! I have a radio station copy then my record store buddy called me and they got them in so I went and bought one under the table from him. HA! Its a damn good day!!!

Comment

• ashstralia
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Feb 2004

crank her up, SNIPER!!

Comment

• SNIPER
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

I have been!!!! Going right now while I finally can also look through this huge 7 panel insert. Sweet!!!

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

atta boy...

Comment

Working...