Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Official "A Different Kind of Truth" Album Review Thread

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Even Hagar fans would have to know this is Van Halen at its peak again.
    If all Sammy can do is write books against them, slam them in every interview,
    say how crap the new music is, his slide into obscurity has already started.

Chickenfoot are about to disband, you heard it here first 3/3/12
    (After some comittments they have to fulfill)
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    This album will signal the end for Chickenfeed.

Seriously.

How could that self-proclaimed 'supergroup' remain intact after getting their asses handed to them by the TRUE GODS of rock?
    You know, why do they have to disband? At least while he's singing he can't be bashing VH. I think we really just need to learn to ignore Spammy which will drive him crazy more than bashing him ever will.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

your last loose end
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:36 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 1,435 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Panamark View Post

So true. Chad's done. Joe can't be happy with any of the shit talk instigating going on. Mike, well we know where he'd rather be. To refer to CF as a footnote in the history of rock is an insult to all other footnotes. Perhaps Mike will show up on Joe's next serving of instrumentals.

THE SHOWSTOPPA
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 11:26 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible Shoes View Post
    You know, why do they have to disband? At least while he's singing he can't be bashing VH. I think we really just need to learn to ignore Spammy which will drive him crazy more than bashing him ever will.
    Yeah, I get that. But us bashing Spammy has become like a sport.

We enjoy it.

5. 3 users say thank you to Vinnie Velvet for this KICKASS post:

DLR'sCock (02-04-2012),JJtheVagPounder (02-03-2012),Rikk (02-03-2012)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2014 @ 12:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Velvet View Post
    Yeah, I get that. But us bashing Spammy has become like a sport.

We enjoy it.
    Personally I love it.

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-22-2021 @ 02:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks

You have to

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2016 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

This.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmine View Post
    I've been resisting posting in this thread, mostly because, I've had no words to describe what I'm hearing or the feelings that are running through me as I continue to play it...in the house...in the car...in the office...

overjoyed, overwhelmed, completely blown away...

quite possibly...their finest work yet...

and yes...on first run through...the eyes filled up with big tears like a 16 year old girl that was just ditched at the prom...

No other band on the planet should release an album this year...

The #1 spot will be filled...permanently...

...carry on, friends

9. 2 users say thank you to Dave's PA Rental for this KICKASS post:

Carmine (02-03-2012),private parts (02-11-2012)

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2015 @ 02:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 850 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible Shoes View Post
    I think we really just need to learn to ignore Spammy which will drive him crazy more than bashing him ever will.
    That's my mindset. The fucking guy is just completely beneath my contempt.
    Anything that comes out of his mouth at this point are desperate words of a fuckin' loser, and talking about him just gives him what he wants.

I figure that the soldiers here have enough experience in dealing with attention whores and trolls to be able to understand that.
    What do I think about him?......I don't.

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I just randomly blasted 'Bullethead' during a study hall full of my 6th graders. The expressions went from shock, to smiles, to kids air-guitaring and head-boping.

12. 2 users say thank you to Dave's PA Rental for this KICKASS post:

Carmine (02-03-2012),fryingdutchman (02-03-2012)

fourthcoming
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's PA Rental View Post
    I just randomly blasted 'Bullethead' during a study hall full of my 6th graders. The expressions went from shock, to smiles, to kids air-guitaring and head-boping.
    Man that makes me happy.....maybe there is some hope for the youth of America after all. I'm 24 hours into having purchased the deluxe cd and listening to it non-stop and I'm still blown away. Speechless........My neighbors in the apartment downstairs DEFINITELY have to hate me by now. I was up at 6:30 this morning cranking this shit.....and will continue to blast this comeback of all comeback albums all day long....fuck em'....Somedays your the dog, someday's your the hydrant!!!

14. Thanked fourthcoming for this KICKASS post:

lien (02-04-2012)

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2024 @ 07:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fourthcoming View Post
    Man that makes me happy.....maybe there is some hope for the youth of America after all. I'm 24 hours into having purchased the deluxe cd and listening to it non-stop and I'm still blown away. Speechless........My neighbors in the apartment downstairs DEFINITELY have to hate me by now. I was up at 6:30 this morning cranking this shit.....and will continue to blast this comeback of all comeback albums all day long....fuck em'....Somedays your the dog, someday's your the hydrant!!!
    I guess I`m the hydrant for a little while as my preorder will probly arrive by mail next Thursday or Friday...

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    I guess I`m the hydrant for a little while as my preorder will probly arrive by mail next Thursday or Friday...
    I will buy this on the 7th. I will pay cash money for it...that's why I don't feel too guilty for dling the torrent yesterday. I suppose that makes me the piss?

fourthcoming
    Hell no....we're all CVH fans, we're all the dogs.....it's worth the wait. I didn't steal it...just lucky enough to have a record store by me that got the cd 5 days early. I've never stolen music in my life....I like having the cd/album in my hand.

fourthcoming
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamark View Post

Dave's dog barking at 3:18 of Honeybabysweetiedoll blows away anything Spammy has ever done.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2017 @ 09:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

The best music education they'll get in any school these days....

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Not that I moved it in the first place, but moving this back to Main for a few more days so that Elvis and Natra can stop their fucking whining....

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Not that I moved it in the first place, but moving this back to Main for a few more days so that Elvis and Natra can stop their fucking whining....
    oh noooooooooooooo...dump it and talk about some flight attendence who smelled al's fart instead!

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2021 @ 12:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Carmine:

I've been resisting posting in this thread, mostly because, I've had no words to describe what I'm hearing or the feelings that are running through me as I continue to play it...in the house...in the car...in the office...

overjoyed, overwhelmed, completely blown away...

quite possibly...their finest work yet...

and yes...on first run through...the eyes filled up with big tears like a 16 year old girl that was just ditched at the prom...

No other band on the planet should release an album this year...

The #1 spot will be filled...permanently...

...carry on, friends

Well said Carmine!..I'm blown away by the whole band..soul,funk in there..weird amazing vibe I haven't heard in a long...long time.
    Gettin flashbacks and shit..hahahauhhu sooo oldskool too this album.

blueretard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-04-2021 @ 12:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Eddie blows me away..big river n shit..oh boy what a great piece of art..the whole damn album..Thats all folks..dayum..Enjoy!!! Thx Van halen!!!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/van-h...-album-review/

VAN HALEN, ‘A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH’ – ALBUM REVIEW
    by: Matthew Wilkening Yesterday

Interscope

After more than two decades apart, the Van Halen brothers and original lead singer David Lee Roth have turned in a thrilling and terrific new album, ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ which proves that their chemistry together remains a special and magical thing.

The six classic late ’70s and early ’80s records from the first Roth-fronted lineup of the group set an imposing bar for any Van Halen reunion album. After all the years of traveling separate paths through creative growth and lineup changes, and without original bassist Michael Anthony, it’s very impressive how well Eddie, Alex and David have re-connected with each other.

Unlike the two new Roth-fronted songs on the 1996 ‘Best of’ compilation, which seemed like ill-fitting Sammy Hagar-era compositions (and still had their moments — “Do you believe? / Awww, don’t you trust me?”), you can drop the needle almost anywhere on ‘Truth’ and know instantly who you’re dealing with here.

Of course, that’s partially because the band very wisely stacked the deck a bit by re-working (or sometimes seemingly just re-recording) unreleased songs from as far back as their mid-70s label deal-securing demos into new compositions. If you think this is cheating, and you can keep that silly “purist” scowl on your face while the rest of us are marking out to songs like the electrifying, chill-inducing ‘She’s the Woman,’ well…we feel bad for you.

‘Woman’ is one of three unassailable throwback riff-rockers on ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ along with the similarly re-purposed ‘Big River’ (which somehow has a touching, melancholy depth) and ‘Outta Space.’ Nearly the whole record is surprisingly aggressive and up-tempo, even newer compositions such as the dizzying ‘As Is’ and the vaguely Iron Maiden-ish ‘China Town.’

In fact, it turns out the somewhat picked-on first single ‘Tattoo’ is about the safest track on the album, and also the only one featuring any kind of discernible keyboards. The only other obvious single candidate would be the sunny, unabashedly sentimental “we made it” anthem ‘Blood and Fire,’ which finds Roth treading the dreaded line of mawkishness but ultimately landing on the correct side.

Van Halen tackles more mature, sophisticated material with ease on one of the album’s early highlights, ‘You and Your Blues.’ The track starts with a staccato, processed riff similar to (gasp!) ‘III’s ‘One I Want‘ before heading off into more expansive territory, with some absolutely fantastic group vocal interplay.

Don’t get us wrong, in some cases Anthony’s trademark soaring background singing is missed, but the current lineup (we don’t have album credits, we’re guessing partially Eddie’s son and new bassist Wolfgang) does a great job filling in those gaps sometimes, too. The relaxed tempo of ‘Blues’ is also the perfect showcase for Roth’s weathered voice, which, admittedly, sounds a bit rough and reaching on some of the faster tracks, although not to any enjoyment-dampening level.

OK, we need to wrap this up. Which is too bad, because there’s plenty more to discuss with this record, and it seems safe to say more layers and vocals are going to reveal themselves after a few dozen more listens – are they quoting the Beatles‘ ‘Day Tripper’ with that bass line at the end of the album, for example?

But the basic takeaway here is, Van Halen has reunited and made a really damn good comeback album, and there’s going to be very little in the way of automatic “new song bathroom breaks” on their upcoming tour.

25. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

private parts (02-11-2012)

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2014 @ 12:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/van-h...-album-review/

VAN HALEN, ‘A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH’ – ALBUM REVIEW
    by: Matthew Wilkening Yesterday

Interscope

After more than two decades apart, the Van Halen brothers and original lead singer David Lee Roth have turned in a thrilling and terrific new album, ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ which proves that their chemistry together remains a special and magical thing.

The six classic late ’70s and early ’80s records from the first Roth-fronted lineup of the group set an imposing bar for any Van Halen reunion album. After all the years of traveling separate paths through creative growth and lineup changes, and without original bassist Michael Anthony, it’s very impressive how well Eddie, Alex and David have re-connected with each other.

Unlike the two new Roth-fronted songs on the 1996 ‘Best of’ compilation, which seemed like ill-fitting Sammy Hagar-era compositions (and still had their moments — “Do you believe? / Awww, don’t you trust me?”), you can drop the needle almost anywhere on ‘Truth’ and know instantly who you’re dealing with here.

Of course, that’s partially because the band very wisely stacked the deck a bit by re-working (or sometimes seemingly just re-recording) unreleased songs from as far back as their mid-70s label deal-securing demos into new compositions. If you think this is cheating, and you can keep that silly “purist” scowl on your face while the rest of us are marking out to songs like the electrifying, chill-inducing ‘She’s the Woman,’ well…we feel bad for you.

‘Woman’ is one of three unassailable throwback riff-rockers on ‘A Different Kind of Truth,’ along with the similarly re-purposed ‘Big River’ (which somehow has a touching, melancholy depth) and ‘Outta Space.’ Nearly the whole record is surprisingly aggressive and up-tempo, even newer compositions such as the dizzying ‘As Is’ and the vaguely Iron Maiden-ish ‘China Town.’

In fact, it turns out the somewhat picked-on first single ‘Tattoo’ is about the safest track on the album, and also the only one featuring any kind of discernible keyboards. The only other obvious single candidate would be the sunny, unabashedly sentimental “we made it” anthem ‘Blood and Fire,’ which finds Roth treading the dreaded line of mawkishness but ultimately landing on the correct side.

Van Halen tackles more mature, sophisticated material with ease on one of the album’s early highlights, ‘You and Your Blues.’ The track starts with a staccato, processed riff similar to (gasp!) ‘III’s ‘One I Want‘ before heading off into more expansive territory, with some absolutely fantastic group vocal interplay.

Don’t get us wrong, in some cases Anthony’s trademark soaring background singing is missed, but the current lineup (we don’t have album credits, we’re guessing partially Eddie’s son and new bassist Wolfgang) does a great job filling in those gaps sometimes, too. The relaxed tempo of ‘Blues’ is also the perfect showcase for Roth’s weathered voice, which, admittedly, sounds a bit rough and reaching on some of the faster tracks, although not to any enjoyment-dampening level.

OK, we need to wrap this up. Which is too bad, because there’s plenty more to discuss with this record, and it seems safe to say more layers and vocals are going to reveal themselves after a few dozen more listens – are they quoting the Beatles‘ ‘Day Tripper’ with that bass line at the end of the album, for example?

But the basic takeaway here is, Van Halen has reunited and made a really damn good comeback album, and there’s going to be very little in the way of automatic “new song bathroom breaks” on their upcoming tour.
    Didn't you already post this, brother man?

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-08-2015 @ 12:58 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,934 Times in 1,875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JJtheVagPounder View Post

Hmmm....sometimes a review by a writer can be used by more than 1 publication if he is a quality well known freelancer. Perhaps this was the mistake?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JJtheVagPounder View Post
    LOL, maybe so....

fourthcoming
    I'm so glad my pops....at a young 62 yrs of age is still around to jam this new album out with me. Like myself, he gave up on VH after 1984 and like myself he is pumped again. Is it summer yet cuz I feel like breaking out the old school boom box, cranking this shit up all day, playing wiffle ball and going swimming in the backyard all day like the good old days.

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2017 @ 05:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

ADKOT released in Norway today 02/02/2012 - I will give a good listen with some cold tall ones and give you all my two cents later.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-01-2018 @ 09:42 AM
    Status
    Thanks

VAN HALEN's A Different Kind Of Truth - The BraveWords.com Review
    Rock Hard
    Posted on Friday, February 03, 2012 at 10:05:45 EST

It seems like a lifetime we've been waiting for this. And the day is nearly here. A new VAN HALEN album with David Lee Roth. An echo that can be heard around the world it holds that much weight. It's called A Different Kind Of Truth and the BraveWords.com review by "Metal" Tim Henderson can be found below.

I tell ya, gimme the good ol' days when you heard the single and went to buy the complete album a few days/weeks later. VAN HALEN has been teasing us to no end with all these snippets, taking away the surprise. You'd think an artist would want us to relish in their art from start to finish without interruption. But alas it's the digital era and without question what we hold here is a thrilling surprise. I can still remember to this day when 1984 was released. All the hoopla around the rebellious kid with the smoke, the racy 'Hot For Teacher' video and of course the first single that led off with keyboards! Man, the VH-lads had balls bigger than the state of California. But it worked. And then the Diamond Dave magic was gone. Yup, a tragic loss - kinda like your father vacating for a hooker. Sure, Sammy picked up the ball, but didn't score as many touchdowns as Roth and Co. Then there was smoke in the distance and we all thought the fires were re-lit when The Best Of Van Halen, Vol. I was released with two brand-spankin' new Roth tunes ('Can't Get This Stuff No More' and 'Me Wise Magic'). But someone pissed on the fire. 16 years later here we are again, David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen far from coming to blows, but brothers in arms.

First off, A Different Kind Of Truth almost feels like you've been transported back into the flair of the '80s, actually earlier as Roth revealed to the Los Angeles times that some of the material on the album dates back to ideas from the late '70s! Only Van Halen could get away with such an asinine plot. And immediately you begin to reminisce about all those unstoppable tunes from a band that had the world in the palm of their hands, all culminating in a frenzy on stage. Could all this be happening again?

There was a little hesitation with 'Tattoo', a bizarre choice for first single, but it's sultry, sassy attitude grows like a sunburn in that Pasadena heat. The chorus busts open and man, that outro sizzles and you wish Eddie would take us down that never-ending blues path. And you want to hear more. And not just little pieces of the pie. Gimme the whole thing god-dammit! Well, the pie is now in front of us. Grab two forks and let's rock!

'She's The Woman' could've easily been nestled into the grooves of Fair Warning (it actually dates back to a demo tape the group made in 1976), drummer Alex and nephew/bassist Wolfgang Van Halen's pumping backbeat pushes the tune along a hardened path until Eddie adds his magic with a varied solo most axemen would never dream touching.

'You And Your Blues' kicks off with a catchy riff and a pulsating yet poppy Roth vocal line, complete with those patented background volleys from the lads. You get the feeling that age hasn't affected the team.

Eddie's jaw-dropping noodling leads off 'China Town' until Alex presses the gas and you feel the need to strap yourself into your seat for fear of body parts being left behind. A tune full of piss n' vinegar, a street fight set into motion. Kinda like 'Hang 'Em High' meets 'Mean Street'. And if you haven't already, you now have the urge to crank this fucker even louder. And you know the boys planned the sequence this way.

'Blood And Fire' emerges a little more palatable in terms of melody, but shockingly has an edge. Yes, this album is that heavy-handed. And you gotta crack a smile at Roth when he quips, 'I told ya I was common' back.' Damn right, Diamond Dave is back and the chorus rings true as the band truly has survived blood and fire.

Eddie's hands are bleeding with 'Bullethead', a shorter ditty that includes the album title A Different Kind Of Truth as a send-off.

'As Is' sees Alex in a John Bonham tribute until a 'Hot For Teacher'-feel kicks-in as the band laps it up. The humour ain't lost and Eddie's leads leave you awe-struck as Van Halen steamrolls ahead.

'Honeybabysweetiedoll' is reminiscent of latter-era Roth, the poet oozing with more bedroom antics and an oddly positioned dog barking as the tune closes. Condom and collar not included!

'The Trouble With Never' is another feel-good sing-along which pulsates along, this Van Halen house-party going to the wee hours of the morning as Roth asks 'when you turn on the stereo does it return the favour?' Mid-way through, the blond-maned ring-leader poetically seduces the listener while Eddie wails in the background, Roth whispering in his deep tones: 'You wanna play … the game? You can't quit when you play. Mistakes make people, isn't that what people say? Let's starting playing the moment and dance the night away.' Ohhh, the shivers!

'Outta Space' continues the head-bobbing affair, more old school meets new school. No matter, every rock band on the planet will get schooled with the antics of this creation. The modus-operandi gets clearer.

Of course the 'Ice Cream Man' comparisons resonate through 'Stay Frosty', but this is the Roth we all fell in love with in 1978 and the band we treasure. A little difficult to soak in when it's frosty in the north and the tune screams top-down, 'got a drink in my hand, I got my toes in the sand' vibe!

'Big River' fits the mold like a glove, yet with less Roth and more instrumentation, you soak in the interplay between the three Van Halens at work and easily imagine the jam room as a raucous family affair.

Last song is 'Beats Workin'', over five minutes of punishing theatrics and rather prophetic given the band's stature in the hard rock arena. And while the
    power play is between Dave and Eddie, all four pieces of this puzzle react and interact.

Van Halen have made the rules, but don't necessarily live by them! And that's why A Different Kind Of Truth is a safari of massive proportion, all beasts revealing their teeth.

But you can't help to begin self-reflecting why? Why did this match made in heaven/hell implode after the landmark 1984? What happened with the family that saw Roth take one path and the Eddie, Alex, Michael take the Hagar train? I guess what I'm saying is why the hell did this take so long to come to fruition. Timing. In the state of rock n' roll you will never figure out timing. You just need to roll with it and when the planets align - when the feeling is there - you hit the record button and let loose. And Van Halen in 2012 have … and that's the beauty of rock n' roll we all get to revel in.

BraveWords.com score: 9.5/10

32. 4 users say thank you to DiverDowninKy for this KICKASS post:

hambon4lif (02-03-2012),Mr Walker (02-03-2012),private parts (02-11-2012),ZahZoo (02-04-2012)

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    03-24-2024 @ 09:14 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,081 Times in 1,997 Posts

Blog Entries
    After reading 11 pages... guess there won't be much to say next week when we get it...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you merge these threads and you erase my attention whoring thread from the picture??????

fuck you!!!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post
    you merge these threads and you erase my attention whoring thread from the picture??????

fuck you!!!
    Actually, you should be honored your thread is the one that's being used for the album review thread...

And fuck you back....

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

then why does it say "sambo" as the thread starter...I'm going Elvis...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

and of course MY thread is used for the review...because I fucking HAVE it and you DON'T!!!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DavidLeeNatra View Post
    then why does it say "sambo" as the thread starter...I'm going Elvis...

Probably after other merges done by others....

Yours was the thread I edited the title and stuck....

Feel better?

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Probably after other merges done by others....

Yours was the thread I edited the title and stuck....

Feel better?
    you know me for how long, Mr. Webmaster?

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Driving home just now...playing Stay Frosty, and I got to have more volume. It just needed to be louder. Turn it up another notch and it still needed to be louder. Just...couldn't...get it...loud...enough...

It was like an itch that I just couldn't reach.

Here I was, a 42 year old man and I had the fucker up full blast. When's the last time you full-volume-blasted a Van Halen record for the first time?

This record makes me feel like i'm 16 again

This record makes me happy.

41. 3 users say thank you to Dave's PA Rental for this KICKASS post:

DavidLeeNatra (02-03-2012),Sensible Shoes (02-03-2012),tjvhou812 (02-03-2012)

Ron
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2014 @ 05:49 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    can't fucking wait, about 1 hour I have the new VH cd/dvd, I;m gonna play this one as loud as possible in my car and coming back witn my opinion...

IF I DON'T CRASH...............

Solar powered
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-24-2014 @ 12:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks

There are literally no skipable songs on the album. It's almost like a best of album. That's how good the songs are. I'm just more amazed at this thing with every listen.

It might be the 15th or 20th listen before I get the lyrics or meanings just right, but it's just awesome when something clicks. This being Dave, it might take me years of listening.

Solar powered
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-24-2014 @ 12:50 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Driving home just now...playing Stay Frosty, and I got to have more volume. It just needed to be louder. Turn it up another notch and it still needed to be louder. Just...couldn't...get it...loud...enough...

It was like an itch that I just couldn't reach.

Here I was, a 42 year old man and I had the fucker up full blast. When's the last time you full-volume-blasted a Van Halen record for the first time?

This record makes me feel like i'm 16 again

This record makes me happy.
    I think I've lost some hearing from listening to this album yesterday. Completely worth it.

fourthcoming
    It's nice when you can just press play and enjoy....not have to walk over and jump to the next song. Every song kicks.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,281 Times in 4,711 Posts

Let me put it this way....

This may very well be the first Van Halen album I've been able to full-volume blast for the first time on a REAL stereo system. (The others I could only do so when my parents weren't home. When they were, I was stuck with the crappy piece of shit turntable plugged into a boom box that I had in my bedroom)

So there's an illustration of exactly how long it's been since the last Van HALEN album.

47. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-01-2012 @ 02:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I was cranking "The Trouble with Never" yesterday and my wife was in the other room listening, I go in there after the songs done and she says are they singing thats the trouble with nymphos? lol She was kidding but did say that from across the house it sounded like nympho's...lol My reply was, well...what is the trouble with nympho's?

Thread Information