Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gbranton
    Veteran
    • Aug 2005

I liked Paul Rodgers, I have seen videos of George Michael and they were ok, but Lambert? NOT a fan. I think there are better choices out there.

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• gbranton
      Veteran
      • Aug 2005

"Don't want 'em to get you goat, don't show 'em where it's hid." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

I saw the geekiest looking middle aged dork absolutely nail "somebody to love"
        on a talent show here called "Australias got Talent".
        This show is a bit less razzle dazzle than Australian Idol
        (they actually let old dudes have a crack at it).

He hit the highest notes in that song exactly like
        Freddie, I was thinking, shit Queen should call
        this guy. He had a very strong Euro accent when
        he spoke.. I'll try and remember his name.

Not that its going to change anything, point is
        I think if they had a good look around they
        could find a "tribute Freddie" if thats what they
        want to do. I agree this other guy is another blown chance.
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• kwame k
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Panamark
          on a talent show here called "Australias got Talent".
          This show is a bit less razzle dazzle than Australian Idol
          (they actually let old dudes have a crack at it).

He hit the highest notes in that song exactly like
          Freddie, I was thinking, shit Queen should call
          this guy. He had a very strong Euro accent when
          he spoke.. I'll try and remember his name.

Not that its going to change anything, point is
          I think if they had a good look around they
          could find a "tribute Freddie" if thats what they
          want to do. I agree this other guy is another blown chance.
          Sorry, Marky...I couldn't get past......

Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Yeah KK, it was a "Susan Boyle" moment... If you know what I mean...
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

I'd do her
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                I'd do her
                Man you would love some of the farmers wives around these parts then.
                Hope you are "Like a Well Hung Ploughboy"

(Sung to Glenn Campbells Like a Rhinestone Cowboy")

Otherwise you would have to compete with the horse schlongs !
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Panamark
                  Man you would love some of the farmers wives around these parts then.
                  Hope you are "Like a Well Hung Ploughboy"

(Sung to Glenn Campbells Like a Rhinestone Cowboy")

Otherwise you would have to compete with the horse schlongs !

Pull his "Trigger" now he's dead....mother

Damn.....we just have crackheads, murders, and thieves to deal with
                  Last edited by kwame k; 02-04-2012, 03:11 AM.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That Marc Martel guy not only sounds like Freddie, he even looks like him. I know Freddie must have done a few women in between boyfriends in the early days, so maybe this guy is actually his kid?

If they ever really make a movie about Freddie, he would certainly be a better choice than Borat (who would have to lip sync, obviously)
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                      I know Freddie must have done a few women in between boyfriends in the early days, so maybe this guy is actually his kid?
                      I can just picture the groupies with strap ons passing their vag off as an anus...
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Rikk
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

I got excited when the band originally announced that they were creating a new Queen album using unreleased demo tracks with Freddie's vocals...finishing the songs now...but with Freddie as the lead singer and new guitar and drum parts. Now THAT was exciting.

Then, Taylor announced a month or two ago that they scrapped that idea because there wasn't enough in the vaults and they wanted to respect their legacy.

So, THIS is what they do next? AMERICAN IDOL is a fucking rock-destroyer. I used to have at least a bit of respect left for Steven Tyler. Now I fucking hate the man. I hate him so much, it makes me so angry.

I do not want QUEEN back with an AMERICAN IDOL douchebag. Nobody does! This will not sell. It will bomb.

I liked the Rodgers experiment. It wasn't exactly QUEEN, but they didn't even call it QUEEN.

Getting GEORGE MICHAEL would have been acceptable on some level...but the guy is his own mess it seems.

QUEEN is done. John Deacon is retired. Freddie is dead. The only possible hope for anything else would have been the album of unreleased songs.

But this tour just demonstrates how out-of-touch these guys have gotten...with musicals and ridiculous cover band attempts.

Hopefully, this internet backlash (which is occurring) will convince them that this is a very, very bad idea.
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

American Idol isn't rock, it's schmaltzy pop shit. i like a finely crafted, harmless pop song, but that shit is just...shit.

i still say Tyler is only on there because he has his own (new when he signed to AI) manager and the guy is trying to make a name for himself, and maximize his cut of Tyler's activities. and, unlike Van Halen, if there ever is another Aerosmith record, it'll be full of songs that other people wrote.
                          Last edited by twonabomber; 02-05-2012, 02:30 AM.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                            At least with Hawkins you could argue that he had some credibility and understood what Queen means to them as musicians.

fuck..even though I find her overrated and overplayed, even fucking Lady Gaga would understand it.

Adam Lambert is a fucking hack and a douche bag.
                            OK... maybe I could buy into a tour like the one Jimmy Page did with the Black Crowes years ago.

Comment

• gbranton
                              Veteran
                              • Aug 2005

They are missing the fucking boat if they don't put this guy out front:

And that boat is filled with MONEY.

And it's not like Martel is some clueless guy who doesn't have his crap together:

Home page of Marc Martel, a rock artist from Nashville, TN. A gifted vocalist with broad artistic range and versatility, Marc Martel is inspired by diverse genres, blending elements of rock, jazz and pop to thrilling effect. He possesses the kind of voice

Maybe it's because he's NOT gay and they feel like for some unknown reason they think he should be.

I think they chose Lambert because he's a "name" with some controversy surrounding him.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Aug 2010

Comment

Working...