No announcement yet.

Adam Lambert New Singer for Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for Brian and Roger putting out as much music as they want to - just don't fucking call it Queen. Because if they do then it's going to be compared to this and there's just no comparison.

Oh, and Marc Martel did get tapped to sing in the Queen Extravaganza tour. I'd like to see that.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

Given that the gig they were due to play at - the Sonisphere festival in the UK - has been cancelled, it seems unlikely we'll see Queen + Adam Lambert.

Personally, I think Queen should call it a day. Those songs will live forever regardless of whether they tour in some mutilated form.....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

fucking queen kicks ass.

Freddie Mercury is the best singer in rock history, and easily one of the best frontman ever. (only edged by diamond dave in my book).

I guran-damn-tee Adam Lambert couldn't hold a stage like this,
        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Originally posted by fryingdutchman View Post

I thought Brian May had retired to become a full-time astrophysicist or some such science genius?
          He finished his degree he started prior to Queen, I don't think he ever actually worked full time as one...

I'm sure it's frustrating for a buy like Brian May that still plays at a very high level to not have a real band to play with and to be ignored if he does anything solo--at least not filling halls and stadiums the way he will with the Queen moniker. But it really is a time to give it a rest. Freddie was more than a great voice, he was a very authentic persona that is rarely matched or repeated. Just poaching ex-lead singers of Bad Company and flamboyant gaymen who have a good voice isn't going to fill that void or be in any way "authentic."
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-31-2012, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne View Post
            The voice of Marc Matel is almost the same like Mercury's!

And he can sing, no doubt. He should be the new singer.

Is he too perfect or what?
            All he needs is reverse-braces to develop an overbite and I think it would be like looking at (and hearing) a Freddy clone.
            "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
              Queef?
              The overly obvious 'Princess' ?
              "Money can't buy poverty." -Marty Feldman

Comment

Working...
              X