ADKOT track order - Did they get it right ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

ADKOT track order - Did they get it right ?

Listening to the album everyday now, Im wondering about
    the choice of song order. I think Tattoo is cemented at "1"
    and the first 4-5 tracks are bang on.

But then the real fun begins midway with some of the most
    mind blowing harder than metal, Van Halen we have ever heard,

Then Stay Frosty, Big River and Beats Working ?

I reckon they should have built up to the real hardcore stuff
    like As is, HoneyBaby.... etc for the end..

Must be hard to pick the order for any band. Do you think they got it
    right ??

Disclaimer: I cant find filler anywhere, just a friendly question
    about track order. (I dont understand those who bag Beats Workin ???)
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!
  • fourthcoming

I really don't have a problem with the track order. I completely agree with you......all killer no filler imo.....and what's wrong with Beats Workin'?......not a damn thing. Bullethead through Honeybaby might be the three heaviest VH songs in a row.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-06-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
      Sniper
      • Apr 2004

By not having the full album yet, myself, but being able to see the track order and listening to the 90 sec. clips, i think the track order is fine. I mean, like you said, there is no filler songs, there just all bang up rocking. As for,Big River, i can see how some thought they should have left it alone, but Dave gives the song a new vibe and the new lyrics doesn't diminish the overall kick assness of music arrangement.

Comment

• Calderone
        Commando
        • Jan 2004

yes i think it's perfect , i like it and i got used to it , the only song i skip
        is tattoo , she's the woman is the perfect opener , kickass release all the way !!!
        Hoping for a second part of it , this guys have so much in them !

Comment

• Panamark
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

For me I kinda blow my wad halfway, then chillout on the last tracks.
          Maybe that was the plan ?

I could see putting all the radio friendly and "less" heavy tracks all in a row then
          finish with the absolute sonic bomblastment ...

Crikeys, I keep thinking you US Bro's have all heard it in full... I should have held back
          with this one... The album has absolut goosebumps prickles on your arm moments
          to being flat smacked in the head ! lol..... Im prone to enjoy the smack you in
          the head tracks.... Forget the argument "is Van Halen Hard Rock or Metal."

You will all see, they are both. Theres mindfuck timeshifts and grinding guitar that
          would make metallica/megadeth proud...
          Last edited by Panamark; 02-06-2012, 09:35 AM.
          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Calderone
            yes i think it's perfect , i like it and i got used to it , the only song i skip
            is tattoo , she's the woman is the perfect opener , kickass release all the way !!!
            Hoping for a second part of it , this guys have so much in them !
            I dont get it ? Tattoo to me is awesome. Why the haters, Ed is riffing the whole way through.
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• fourthcoming

Originally posted by Panamark
              I dont get it ? Tattoo to me is awesome. Why the haters, Ed is riffing the whole way through.
              Tattoo is fine by me bro....have no problem with that tune at all. I was lucky enough to buy the cd this past Thursday and I hear what your saying about finishing the cd with the heavier tunes...but to me the track listing works. Either way cd is phenomenal. Hopefully they make to Australia for you and the Roth Army brethren down under.

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

I think Mark just started his own review thread...

Comment

• Jetstream
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Dec 2011

I think the song listing is no different than having a night with a sexy woman...vague flirtation, foreplay and then mad fucking.
                  I got lost in the...

Comment

• rocking ron
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Sep 2010

Track listing is ok!!

And after listening to this album.....it's getting better......and better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still can't choose or say what's my favourite track...........yes indeed........no fillers,only killers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I listened to it last to first today and it worked just as well.

Not sure if it matters.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Tracks 8-12 are easily the strongest and tightest phase of this album. And there's a big variety on those songs.
                        Originally posted by Cato
                        Golden, why are you FAT?
                        Originally posted by lesfunk
                        Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                        http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• VHscraps
                          Veteran
                          • Jul 2009

I never thought much about the actual running order of the album, but I did notice on first the play through earlier this evening that I was thinking to myself that they had paced it really well.

I mean, what is it 50mins? It plays like a whizz-bang. It's over in seemingly much less time than that, and I think the running order / pacing, or whatever, lends to that. That usually bodes well for repeated plays.

It would be interesting to know, though, how much time they put into that this time. If you think about the 6 pack actually, the original vinyl releases, that is - none of them had an actual running order on the record sleeve. Just a list of songs - presumably because they were still trying to figure out the best running order when the sleeve went to the art department, the printer, or whatever. They worked on tighter schedules back then.

But, I reckon they always played around with the running order to get it right as they saw it, and would not be surprised if that was one of the things that held the release of the album up.
                          THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• don don
                            Groupie
                            • Jan 2007

Just got the Deluxe edition tonight when I got off work from an independent record store. Love it and mean it. As far as track order, I'm on listen number 2 so I've got get my "fix" first and then look at things objectively. So far...dead on. It's actually amazing. They absolutely king mother fucking ass!!!

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Dec 2008

Thanks for the reviews, guys....can hardly wait for tomorrow! Will keep track order in mind when listening. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS ONE!
                              I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

Working...