Van Halen--TOUR REHEARSAL--LA--FORUM--2/8/12--Roth Army Exclusive!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Van Halen--TOUR REHEARSAL--LA--FORUM--2/8/12--Roth Army Exclusive!

Alright motherfuckers (and those of thee offended by me rude and crude discussion...well...goto hell), I get a phone call on Friday afternoon from one Va Beach, and it appears as though the might DRE representative reared their wonderfully awesome heads one more time, offering us a couple of passes to Van Halen's official Tour Rehearsal tonight at the Forum in Los Angeles fucking California. He was curious as to who the fuck to send...

"Clearly," I stated not so calmly..."ME YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH!" After missing the first two invites thanks to vacations elsewhere, I sure as shit wasn't missing this. It took Va Beach about 7.2 seconds to concur...and the plans were off...

Unfortunately for my stoopid ass, I spent all my damn extra dough in a too long trip to the penis in the water Florida...so...after hunting down plane tickets...figuring out that I couldn't spend that damn much...I was out...and the quest was on to find Va's counterpart...

...after a couple of members couldn't find their way down the coast...Va was ready to say, "fuck it," and go with an old stand by....but one more name popped into my overly pissed off head...

....and the call was sent out to one Romeo Delight, and old-school Roth Army member (recent name change) who happens to call the left coast home.

No...the sumbich doesn't live in California...or in the fucking states...but this crazy ass son-of-a-bitch wouldn't miss this once in a lifetime event...

Turns out...RD was ALREADY IN LA...

So the table was set...

and VA Beach and Romeo Delight are currently parked at the Forum...ready to kick some Van Halen ass.

....well...that old ass son of a bitch Va told me he'd prefer to see Kool in the Gang...

such is life...

LONG LIVE VAN FUCKING HALEN MOTHERFUCKERS...

Oh, and tune in here for whatever the hell I can get to you as it's posted...

IT ALL STARTS TONIGHT BITCHES...AND WE'LL BE THERE...LIVE AND IN STREAMING BLACK AND WHITE...

WHA'?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Obviously...I'll be posting shit all night long...

and no...it won't be nearly as fucking boring as most of the sons of bitches that are actually there...

I'll have more profanity and ellipses...then damn near any other motherfucker...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

VA WANTED ME TO TELL YOU ALL THAT HE CAN HEAR KOOL AND THE GANG WARMING UP...

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES...COME ON!!!

Oh wait, that was just from his Yellow Sony Athletic Walkman playing in the background...oh yeah...he's playing tapes bitches...that's how old school that son of a bitch is...

UH...WTF!!!

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Buttholes. I'm 45 minutes from the Forum. Can't wait for the updates later. Last tour I thought knowing the set list ahead of time would spoil it, but it didn't at all. I wonder if Dave will PWN Zakk Wylde again? lol

Have fun VA & RD. Send us good stuffs here!
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by sadaist
          Buttholes. I'm 45 minutes from the Forum. Can't wait for the updates later. Last tour I thought knowing the set list ahead of time would spoil it, but it didn't at all. I wonder if Dave will PWN Zakk Wylde again? lol

Have fun VA & RD. Send us good stuffs here!
          I'm not trying to piss you off...but you were literally minutes away from getting the call before RD swooped in with a last minute three at the buzzer...

We literally made a list on Saturday, and there were a couple (not including webbies) that just HAD to get asked first...but you were definitely in the game...

(as sadaist plans his post office like massacre)...

Comment

• don don
            Groupie
            • Jan 2007

You lucky bastards Va...Please keep us to date. I'm waking my neighbors up as I type this jamming on Bullethead. Damn, these are good times getting ready for the Mother Fucking Van Halen show in Louisville and as many as I can make after that. Thanks for the "future" memories!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Don't worry Don Don...I'll post shit as soon as I get it...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Oh, and it's not luck...IT'S THE ROTH ARMY BITCHES!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

No wonder his son knocked some chick up...

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Hey, I was available...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Pojo...this is so fucking great. I am absolutely thrilled that Uncle Dave is helping us out. Sitting here typing this with the new album blasting in the background. Yes...on about the 24th listen...it has been on non-stop. This is cool beyond words. Wish I lived in L.A., lol. But oh well. Just like with Captain Warf, I am absolutely thrilled for ANYONE of us Roth Army members who gets to go to something like that. Christ...that is 3 in a row! Uncle Dave is looking out for us!

Wow. All I can say. Wow.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by elvis
                        hey, i was available...
                        it coulda been the biggest unification in the history of the army!!!!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                          Pojo...this is so fucking great. I am absolutely thrilled that Uncle Dave is helping us out. Sitting here typing this with the new album blasting in the background. Yes...on about the 24th listen...it has been on non-stop. This is cool beyond words. Wish I lived in L.A., lol. But oh well. Just like with Captain Warf, I am absolutely thrilled for ANYONE of us Roth Army members who gets to go to something like that. Christ...that is 3 in a row! Uncle Dave is looking out for us!

Wow. All I can say. Wow.
                          Fuck...never been so pissed off in my life that I spent all my damn money on a vacation before...

but fuck it...

I'll be seeing them soon enough...

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                            I am absolutely thrilled for ANYONE of us Roth Army members who gets to go to something like that.

Indeed!

If I was chosen you guys probably would have made me put on my EEAS jungle costume again and that takes hours in the shower to get all the paint off.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

I have a feeling Ill Wait is gone this time around. It was the little secret gem they brought out last tour that I don't think we'll ever hear live again. I know some were unhappy with it, but I had a feeling then it was a once n a lifetime chance to hear it. Plus Dave NAILED it.

Comment

Working...