X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
    shoes...what doyou think of the headset?

I like seeing Dave's mouth move when he sings.
    I don't really care. Like I said, it may be a technical thing that gives him better fullback. Remember Dave's always calling for more volume in the earphones. It's a decent possibility that all of them are slightly deaf for heaven's sake, and maybe the headset helps him out onstage. And notice he ditched it during "Ice Cream Man". We'll have to ask VA and RD if he put it back on or not. Above all, I want Dave to be comfortable with whatever he uses so we can get the best performance possible.

Oh dear.

Comment

• 1971Quarter
      Roadie
      • Feb 2006

Originally posted by conmee
      Brethren and Sistren,

There wasn't this much angst during EEAS and Skyscraper when DLR's outfit of choice was a bedazzled adult onesie, rhinestone-encrusted codpiece, and lavender tights riding around on and a big fucking, uh... "microphone".... uh huh uh huh uh huh...

I hear where hain is coming from, but let's just settle down and see if the headset makes it to the actual tour. Even if DLR came out with a fucking perm, headset, red parachute pants, and a fucking pink Komen For The Cure bracelet, he'd still be more masculine and fucking cooler than Samuel Haggis.

And as some of the members have already mentioned, there's still a little something called A NEW FUCKING ALBUM to smooth over some of the fashion faux pas, personal affronts, and profound insults to people's self-esteem and sexual preferences.

That is all.

Icon™©®
      That's only because Forums were not invented yet

Comment

• Yount
        Commando
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by conmee
        Even if DLR came out with a fucking perm, headset, red parachute pants, and a fucking pink Komen For The Cure bracelet, he'd still be more masculine and fucking cooler than Samuel Haggis.
        Too true! Dave wears all this crazy shit because his tongue is lodged firmly into his cheek and his eyes are rolling just like in the "Goin' crazy" video. Like we're supposed to take it all seriously! Give me a fucking break!!

Comment

• wiseguy
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2004

Stay frosty now.
          Nostalgia is a form of denial. I love denial. I like selective amnesia, too. Mix the two and you've got a hell of a weekend-DLR

Comment

• bantonelli
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

To wear a headset or not? Look at all the people here at this thread (with the exception of those who question the same thing I do with a huge "Whatevah...."

Now that we have a TOUR in motion, a CD on store shelves, Dave giving the Army props, you would think that all is right with the world. Is there really room for a biotch session regarding a HEADSET? C'mon peeps.....

Stay Frosty
            "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by bantonelli
              To wear a headset or not? Look at all the dumb asses at this thread (with the exception of those who question the same thing I do with a huge "Whatevah...."

Stay Frosty
              Indeed!

Comment

• SparkieD
                Veteran
                • Sep 2006

Perhaps the headset and pants are just a big FUCK OFF to that red bastard!
                Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                Originally posted by rustoffa
                Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

Originally posted by wiseguy
                  Sure ya did
                  You caught me.....I didn't give this important thread the attention to detail that I normally do
                  Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• bantonelli
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                    Indeed!
                    My EXACT thoughts...Indeed, J.
                    "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Indeedido...

Comment

• Douglas T.
                        Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

I would think the headset would be harder to use! Leaving more to the sound man! Harder to work with your dynamics!

Comment

• Zing!
                          Veteran
                          • Oct 2011

That's actually a pretty cool pic.
                          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Douglas T.
                            Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Comment

• Golden AWe
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

It's not a headset...it's a hearing aid set for the old papa

C'mon folks...give me a break...one hearing aid, coming up!
                              Originally posted by Cato
                              Golden, why are you FAT?
                              Originally posted by lesfunk
                              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Carmine
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2004

For the love of jive...step away from the keyboard...that NEW Van Halen album apparently needs to played...again

Comment

Working...