Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Idol

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    magic cyclops has watched 'spinal tap' a few times...

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bingo.:d
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LMMFAO!

(TMZ) Jermaine Jones will be kicked off "American Idol" Wednesday night, after producers learned he concealed the fact that he was arrested twice last year and has outstanding warrants ... TMZ has learned.
    As we first reported, producers discovered Tuesday that Jermaine had lied about his criminal history and that triggered the decision to confront him on camera Tuesday afternoon.

We're told one of the incidents involved violence, which was particularly troublesome to producers. He also lied to cops by giving them fake names both times he was arrested.

"A.I." sources tell us ... Jermaine will appear on the show tomorrow night before he is sent packing.

Over the last few days, we've been reporting that Jermaine told producers his father abandoned him 10 years ago, but his dad called TMZ and called B.S. on his son, saying they see each other regularly.

Jermaine began tweeting that he never told producers about his dad abandoning him. We're told the producers -- who knew Jermaine had made the statement -- became generally suspicious and began looking more closely at his background, and that's what led to the revelation of his criminal history. more on this story

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    meanwhile, Chris Brown beats the shit out of Rhianna and is still recording and touring.
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Joshua Ledet is a real singer...

Watch me fuck this up....
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WTF is up with Steven Tyler and the painted nails.. Is he a secretly lady Ga-Ga?
    Roth Army MP
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamark
    Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
    or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
    Quote Originally Posted by BITEYOASS
    She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAY HALE
    so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Steven Tyler leaving 'American Idol'

by James Hibberd EW

And the next judge to leave American Idol is…

Steven Tyler? Yup, after weeks of rumors that Jennifer Lopez might exit the hit talent show, Fox just announced that the Aerosmith frontman will not return to Idol as a judge for the show’s 12th season.

“After some long … hard … thoughts … I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress American Idol before she boils my rabbit,” said Tyler in a statement. “I strayed from my first love, Aerosmith, and I’m back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I’ve got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band.”

Tyler then promoted his upcoming album, and added, “Idol was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it…Now it’s time to bring rock back.”

With his veteran rocker spaciness and somewhat creepy lusty comments about young female contestants, the 64-year-old singer was considered an entertaining and fresh personality in his first year. During the 11th season, however, the novelty wore off and he wasn’t nearly as interesting, especially during the live shows when he often resorted to calling a contestant beautiful and leaving it at that.

More than ever, Fox has incentive to make changes. Idol suffered the sharpest ratings decline in the show’s history last season, fueling speculation that the net would shake up its judging panel once again. For the moment, Randy Jackson and Lopez are still on the show, but that could change. Fox definitely wants Lopez to return next year, but contract negotiations have been dragging out for weeks, and the singer has been hinting heavily she might leave the show.

Meanwhile, Tyler’s exit will likely fuel speculation that the network dumped one pricey judge to help pay to keep another. Or perhaps the situation is exactly as Fox says: Tyler is choosing to leave. Anyway, here’s how the network reacted: “It’s been a tremendous honor to have Steven – one of the most prolific artists in the world – on American Idol for the past two seasons,” said Mike Darnell, president of alternative programming at Fox, in a statement. “He’s been a terrific judge, a true friend and great mentor to everyone involved with the show, and we know he’ll continue to be a huge inspiration to Idol hopefuls for years to come. We are very sad that Steven has chosen to focus more on his music, but we always knew when we hired a rock ’n’ roll legend, he would go back to the music. We all wish him all the best and would love to have him back on the show anytime.”

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Better to quit than be fired... he must have saw the writing on the wall.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
    Better to quit than be fired... he must have saw the writing on the wall.
    The same can be said for the entire show. It's time to shut "Idol" down.

When names like Charlie Sheen and Jerry Lewis get thrown into the judging pool, it's time to call it quits. Granted that's a report from TMZ, but still....

No self-respecting musician/singer/artist would allow themselves to be judged by those guys.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've read elsewhere that Tyler also said he was "putting rock n roll first".

Well, OK.... but considering he hasn't actually done that since "Done With Mirrors", I'll believe it when I see it. Or at least hear it.
    Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Quote Originally Posted by Sockfucker View Post
    I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Geez, file this quote under "DUH":

We are very sad that Steven has chosen to focus more on his music, but we always knew when we hired a rock ’n’ roll legend, he would go back to the music.

Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    No self-respecting musician/singer/artist would allow themselves to be judged by those guys.
    Certainly not in THAT context. However, I respect Randy Jackson as a player and producer, I'd love for him and Tyler to critique my playing privately... I could give a f*ck about J-Lo's opinion, but I like getting feedback from musicians I respect.

Last edited by jhale667; 07-13-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    The truth is, anyone with a shred of dignity wouldn't be going on one of these dippy shows in the first place, particularly one with the not-so humble title of American Idol.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The truth is, anyone with a shred of dignity wouldn't be going on one of these dippy shows in the first place, particularly one with the not-so humble title of American Idol.
    That, too.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Geez, file this quote under "DUH":

We are very sad that Steven has chosen to focus more on his music, but we always knew when we hired a rock ’n’ roll legend, he would go back to the music.

Certainly not in THAT context. However, I respect Randy Jackson as a player and producer, I'd love for him and Tyler to critique my playing privately... I could give a f*ck about J-Lo's opinion, but I like getting feedback from musicians I respect.

What, you mean the song Jenny from the Block didn't make you want to run to your studio and record a song straight through from scratch!?

go figure

Thread Information