Thread: Eddie's hand issues from 2007

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Eddie's hand issues from 2007

Hey fuckers. That fucking amazing solo from the Forum has got me wondering. Does anyone really know what was up with Ed's hand a few years ago? Can someone clear me up on this? Which hand etc? Thanks.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    From what I read he had a bone spur removed...?

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummarstra View Post
    Hey fuckers. That fucking amazing solo from the Forum has got me wondering. Does anyone really know what was up with Ed's hand a few years ago? Can someone clear me up on this? Which hand etc? Thanks.
    He`s married again so he doesn`t need a hand anymore.
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by So this is love View Post
    He`s married again so he doesn`t need a hand anymore.
    Awful. Just awful.

Oh dear.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bone spur in thumb, twisted tendon and arthritis. I'd also imagine that yearTs of being drunk hurt the brain and he was probably slow as a result.. couldnt really pull off the solos /etc but at least he was trying. I don't doubt he had a bit of a relapse there but i saw his hands in tampa.. knuckles were swollen like golf balls; ouch!

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by neuralfraud View Post
    Bone spur in thumb, twisted tendon and arthritis. I'd also imagine that yearTs of being drunk hurt the brain and he was probably slow as a result.. couldnt really pull off the solos /etc but at least he was trying. I don't doubt he had a bit of a relapse there but i saw his hands in tampa.. knuckles were swollen like golf balls; ouch!
    I was in Tampa in `07 and his solo was the worst I have seen him do in years...and I have seen VH three times that tour.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have arthritis in my hands, and carpel tunnel to boot. It definately hampers my playing at times, but I can still pretty much do all the things I use to, just more painful. I believe Eddie's biggest hinderence was not being sober. When he took that small break mid tour the last time, he came back playing more like his old self. Now he's playing like the Eddie we've always known and loved. Everything that Ive seen thus far is just amazing, and his playing on the album is just unbelievable. And once again I want to thank the folks here at DLR Army for running such a great site. These are great times indeed.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It was funny watching his solo clip last night, I just started to laugh girl says whats up, told her havent seen Eddie play this good in a looooong ass time, crossing my fingers he's up to that level when the boys swing through Vancouver

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Amen brother! Im looking forward to the Charlotte NC show, and I'm having high hopes for the same. So far the band sounds like a well oiled machine thats firing on all cylinders.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by neuralfraud View Post
    Thanks for that, neuralfraud! Let's hope Ed stays in good health for the foreseeable future so he can prove to people he's still the fucking King!!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vanshipman View Post
    I have arthritis in my hands, and carpel tunnel to boot. It definately hampers my playing at times, but I can still pretty much do all the things I use to, just more painful. I believe Eddie's biggest hinderence was not being sober. When he took that small break mid tour the last time, he came back playing more like his old self. Now he's playing like the Eddie we've always known and loved. Everything that Ive seen thus far is just amazing, and his playing on the album is just unbelievable. And once again I want to thank the folks here at DLR Army for running such a great site. These are great times indeed.
    I think he was sober on most of the second half of the tour and he was still pretty disappointing.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    I think he was sober on most of the second half of the tour and he was still pretty disappointing.
    who gives a shit...I have seen the latest footage and he's EARTH SHATTERING ON FIRE...now Dave will have to be ready to give everything to keep up with the three twins. he struggled a bit in LA rehearsal but was top notch at the henson studio...

but Ed...hell...he is the biggest surprise then...and fuck of all your Wolfgang haters, that Kid has it...he plays great (doubt there have EVER been piped in basslines before) and sings great. and he looks comfortable on the stage, relaxed, Dave is connecting with him...and he is tight with his dad...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Thread Information