Hey! Guitar Player what`s the song you dig in ADKOT???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • So this is love
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

Hey! Guitar Player what`s the song you dig in ADKOT???

EVH brought me to guitar back in the `80s and for me on this album Honybabysweetiedoll is my prefered song right now, I have many others like TTWN and BR. Is it christmas already...
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

The solos on all of them... they're jaw dropping. Ed is back with a fire that I haven't heard - pretty much ever.. or at least on record. His leads smoke VH I to me.. just sick, sick playing. Like you, I can't get enough of Honeybabysweetiebabydoll - that song is KILLER through headphones!
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• So this is love
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
      The solos on all of them... they're jaw dropping. Ed is back with a fire that I haven't heard - pretty much ever.. or at least on record. His leads smoke VH I to me.. just sick, sick playing. Like you, I can't get enough of Honeybabysweetiebabydoll - that song is KILLER through headphones!
      His sound is great on this album its like 2012 version of VH II I find...Tell me am I crazy or I am the only one hearing ace of spades in as is at the end??????????
      Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• evil_lil
        Groupie
        • Dec 2007

+1 on Honeybabysweetiedoll. That is my current fave but the whole album is so full of killer shit every listen is like Christmas. It's soooooo far beyond what I expected from him that I can't stop geeking out on it.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

As Is

Comment

• tjvhou812
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

this aint a guitar album where you can just pick one solo that stands out,
            this whole album is a guitar album, and some of eddies best work since fair warnig
            Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Stay Frosty has my inner guitar player all worked up!!
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• guwapo_rocker
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

All of 'em.
                WE'RE ON A MISSION FROM ROTH.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

guitarist viewpoint

In terms of innovative guitar playing, not much is jumping out to me after 4 days. But the playing is so solid and tasty and nasty at times... Great guitar record but I never had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Good use of effects but again nothing revolutionary.

Maybe there's stuff that's so far out that I haven't even comprehended it yet. Somewhere in the middle there are some sick leads. They'll get stuck in my head in the next week or so. Man I haven't digested an album like this in awhile. It's fuckin' great.

The riffs on the other hand? They are just nasty! At least a dozen great riffs although some are older than me. This record is a triumphant return to the good ol' days of riff-driven rock and roll which too many people have forgotten about lately.
                  gnaw on it

Comment

Working...