X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarge
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Somewhat negative "A Different Kind of Truth" review on PremierGuitar.com"

I love their magazine, but I don't agree with the review.

If you lookie see.. you might find my comment in the comments section.

Breasts,

Sarge
    ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
    The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
    [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

There's quite a bit of truth in that review, but the reviewer clearly doesn't like Dave at all and unfairly dogs him out...

Comment

• clarathecarrot
      Full Member Status

• May 2010

The reviewer is a afraid of something ?

He sais things that seem to be about his perceptions of a personality bias.

Things like Dave is excellent when needed ..but looks at the camera funny.

Ed is sharper than ever and his sounds are great...but the notes are old.

Wolf has a amore freedomistic style than M.A. and knocks it out of the park...but he isn't the same as MA.

I am paraphrasing but the dude is playing the grey area and that is just pussy bullshit.

He sounds like a deadhead, still looking around and wondering if jerry garcia isn't appearing in secret and twittering a 57 min version of truckin.

I guess I am guilty too.. I don't like the way Clay Akin looks at the camera either so I don't buy his songs..and he is a hack.
      Last edited by clarathecarrot; 02-11-2012, 01:52 AM.
      2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
      clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• VanCanHalen
        Groupie
        • Jan 2012

Well said Sarge on the reply comment, should have asked him if he's still diggin is fav band Air Supply...................... FUCK I just typed that group in a Roth forum, AHHHH need to spin ADKOT at least once more tonight to replace other thoughts, rinse lather repeat!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

You'd think a guy from Premier Guitar would factor in Ed's tone as coming from a digital medium instead of saying it's too processed and hi-fi.
          It was more hi-fi with a turntable and a Pioneer receiver.

As far as using the old ideas, you can't deny how much Dave added to the old Ripley tune to make Blood and Fire. The melody and performance add so much to the old instrumental version.
          I think if the album leaves you wanting more, it's done it's job. and this one does that and much more.

Comment

• sambo
            Sniper
            • Jun 2004

There's one comment on there I had to share..

"........ If you don't like this new album, you are a highly feminzied man."

GOLD...
            Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

I cant think of any logical reason why somebody would take a hit at Dave, unless
              they are Hagarists ? Van Halen are obviously old farts now yet
              Dave poured his heart and soul into this, when you feel this emotion as the listener, nothing else matters.

Sure its not Dave 1979, but fuck me dead, he gave it everything.
              Giving everything is the biggest win in Passion. Dave wins on ADKOT,
              they all do.
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Jetstream
                Foot Soldier
                • Dec 2011

let me think about this review, ok...fuck 'em
                I got lost in the...

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Where do they find cumstains like this to write such garbage and get paid for it?

Go read some of the Rolling Stone reviews of Van Halen's early albums ---- history has shown them to be clueless cumstains.

Comment

• Jetstream
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Dec 2011

yup, and Rolling Stone also hated Led Zeppelin...I hope they give ADKOT a horrible review, then we will know for sure that it is a winner
                    I got lost in the...

Comment

• SunisinuS
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by Sarge
                      I love their magazine, but I don't agree with the review.

If you lookie see.. you might find my comment in the comments section.

Breasts,

Sarge
                      In ROTH WE TRUST! This is one of the best albums in the last 20 years. You either get it or you don't. If the reviewer was the same rebellious child that he was in the 70's and 80's, he would have loved this album. It's about a return to greatness. Van Halen has not put out an Album this awe inspiring since 1984. Things and times change. I think the reviewer needs to embrace his teenage self an get into this riff heavy and testosterone laden work of art. Rock doesn't sound like this anymore. "Legends are Forever" - Roth's Army.

The comments all follow you Sarge.

The next album "Shawn Hammond" puts out we all surely going to worship.

Problem is: Shawn Hammond looks like Elvis Costello.

Shawn Hammonded
                      Just added: Shawn Hammond is rocking the rock world this summer with his killer licks and amazing vocals. oh wait...never mind...looked up ASCAP...Shawn Hammond looks like Costello. No Tunes listed. Show us your work.

My Post there.

Roth On.
                      Last edited by SunisinuS; 02-11-2012, 05:03 AM.
                      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ashstralia
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Feb 2004

as our contemporary brothers and sisters like to say...'haters gonna hate'.

to paraphrase sesh; dave's probably forgotten more than most people will ever know about being the best frontman in rock history.

it's a fucking great rock album, that's all i'm in it for. i gots me moneys worth.

Comment

• David Lee Rocks
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2004

I just think that anyone that dosent love classic Van Halen wont like this album, thats the wat i feel about it, i love it more every day!!

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

There was more of a chance this could have been exactly representative of
                            what these wankers wanted to write.
                            Problem is, it isnt.
                            Did they even listen, or is presumption behind the pen ?
                            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

i suppose if you put one of us into rock critic mode (not looking at you actual talented ones here; lookin at meself)

my review would get laughed out of the editor's orifice.

'ash, ya can't give 17 stars out of 10!!!'

Comment

Working...