Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    I am right now editing a concert video of U2, when they came to Gnashville last July. Would not normally have bothered, but a) it was one of the greatest concerts I have seen, though I was not there, b) Someone with a digital recorder was right next to the sound console, so I got a full uninterrupted digital recording that is PERFECT, and c) there were several hundred video clips uploaded to youtube, many of them in HD.

So I went to youtube, downloaded every video that was uploaded from the show, and am editing them all together now. 31-song set, some songs have 20 or more video clips to choose from. I don't give a fuck if the sound is shitty or if people are yelling or clapping, as I am not using the audio from the video clips for the final product. I just use the audio to synch up to my master audio track, the delete the video audio. Then choose which camera angles I want, etc. Am just finishing the 4th song right now. Is going to kick ass when I am done.

And I am going to acknowledge everyone who contributed a video. In the credits I am going to say "Thanks to everyone who took the time to capture video of this amazing show, and upload it to youtube. Without your input, this DVD would not be as great as it is...".

It helps when you are working on music you like to hear, lol.

Am sure there will be some multi-cam shows from this tour. Hell, the Led Zep reunion show someone created a 10-cam DVD which I have.

Gotta love technology.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 02-20-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Thread Information