Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

This should be interesting... I believe it's the venues that set the policy on what you can bring in... not "the singer".

At best they may allow small digital cameras with fixed lenses... but even some venues won't allow that.
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• So this is love
      Veteran
      • Jan 2012

Yeah but my tickets still says: The use of cameras, tape recorders and camcorders is also prohibited... I doubt security will look beyond that... I also believe its the venue that sets the rules.
      Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• twobad
        Groupie
        • Jan 2012

And here I was thinking it was the promoters at the direction of the artist who dictated policy at venues... Last show I went to the metal detector wand went off at my hip pocket, I pulled out my cell phone (nestled against one of my many Jacks Daniels bottles) and showed it to him. "I thought it was a cell phone he said"- and in I went, Jack in tow Need to make sure I find some plastic lids for the airplane bottles before the next show...

Comment

• Zing!
          Veteran
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by twobad
          And here I was thinking it was the promoters at the direction of the artist who dictated policy at venues... Last show I went to the metal detector wand went off at my hip pocket, I pulled out my cell phone (nestled against one of my many Jacks Daniels bottles) and showed it to him. "I thought it was a cell phone he said"- and in I went, Jack in tow Need to make sure I find some plastic lids for the airplane bottles before the next show...
          Zing's Tour Tip of the Day: Buy one of those under armor pair of shorts for baseball/softball (kind of like a jock but also under wear - mine are Reebok - I think for hockey) that have the little slot in the crotch for a cup. Perfect for sneaking in booze/video equipment (just not at the same time...you need to decide what's more important). You can fit a good fifth of Jack in there and/or a good sized camera. Anyone dares to frisk you down there - preferably a hot Event Staff chick - and all you have to do is smile broadly and give her a knowing wink. Works wonders - I haven't bought a water-downed venue drink in decades.
          My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

I've told DDE about making sure Security knows about the videos, etc.... She said, "I'll tell DLR".....

So let's see what happens in Louisville... If there are problems with Security, I'll revisit the issue with them....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• adena dodds
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2010

I agree, and that Grand Canyon happens to be David Lee Roth for me and besides I was always too busy trying to claw my way to the front row to cop a feel....ha,ha,ha. I want him live in front of my naked steamy eyes! NOW!
              Originally posted by Seshmeister
              There will always be someone else recording the show better than yourself and a sane person only needs the best recording from the tour or maybe the best couple.

I wish those hundreds of people that stand there all the way through gigs with their arms in the air pointing their phones at the stage for the whole gig would just fuck off and get a life. Ten seconds of footage to send to your pals to gloat about where you are is more than enough.

The recent recordings at the preview shows were an exception because they had a novelty value, the people from the site(s) were there in a kind of journalistic capacity and there were far fewer people at the shows.

Life is in the moment.

It always reminds me of being on a helicopter flying into the Grand Canyon and the other 5 people were all peering into their video camera lenses which in those days were little black and white things completely missing out on the experience itself. For what? To make a shitty video they will only watch once which is identical or worse than 1000 other videos they could also never watch again on the internet.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by fourthcoming
                Can someone please tell the Gestapo at Madison Square garden that the band is cool with this? Otherwise I'll play it safe and shove my digital recorder down my pants......easier to apologize then ask for permission.
                We had a couple go-rounds with the Madison Sq Garden Nazi's on Tuesday night. They didn't want to let me go see my dog after she won - and another girl got kicked out of her seats for wanting to go to the bathroom. Also somebody got kicked out for whistling too loud! And of course PETA got kicked out! Yay on that one.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

If you're thinking about showing up at the gig with a Nikon DSLR or a mixing board, maybe you should print out this thread and show it to security when they tell you to bring your shit back to the car... I'll be the guy chuckling as I walk past your scene.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    She said, "I'll tell DLR".....
                    Still can't believe this...a direct line to the man himself
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Sensible Shoes
                      And of course PETA got kicked out! Yay on that one.

WTF is PETA protesting there? Those dogs in the shows are treated better than most people I know.
                      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                        .... She said, "I'll tell DLR".....

Fucking crazy cool. Doesn't seem real after all this time.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• SNIPER
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jun 2004

The cool thing is we will have plenty of cool VH vids on you tube to sift through. I can handle that.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Well if that's the case, then I'm gonna bring a big-ass Canon SLR camera with a zoom lens.

Comment

• SNIPER
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

I am just hoping they add Portland, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Spokane, and maybe Boise. I saw Reno in 08, That was a killer show.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                                As long as the venues are made aware of this we are golden. The last tour gave us a ton of exceptional DVDs, some with multi-cam no less.. If there's no sneaking around I imagine we'll get professional quality shit in the coming weeks!
                                It's funny watching the youtube videos of the Cafe Wha?, Henson and LA Forum warmup shows, where there are different videos from at least a half dozen angles.

The only downside is some of the people shooting the videos felt compelled to sing along with the band, like, real loud, so the audio bleed of the crowd singing (badly) drowns out the band vocals at times.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...