X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by kubacheck
    for what it's worth, I just noticed this post on another website...... it's still technically hearsay to us, but it looks like there's the "Official" permission some have been looking for.....

"Friend of mine who works at an arena that VH is coming sent me this memo she got.

I need to make everyone aware and also ask for your help to inform all that the Band have requested that the camera policy to be "if a audience member can carry the camera/video equipment in to the venue it is allowed and should not be stopped.

YES, that means professional cameras (with long lens) and even hand held camcorders are allowed in, but No Tripods or Tv style video Cameras!"
    With today's gear you can certainly carry in TV cameras on a tripod. With only one person. Or a long lens on a monopod. No stinkin' problem.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Romeo Delight
      Listen to you guys!! Its a Van Halen show! Not a Peter gabriel concert.

I can't wait for someone to tell me to be quiet at the next show because they are "recording".

I live in a fairly popular tourist city and you wouldn't believe the license people (visitors and locals alike) think they have because they are toting a camera with them...ushering you away from whatever you are looking at.

Thankfully my "contributions" to Jeff's and Brett's fantastic videos are limited to when VH is not actually playing, so I know what you mean, but lets not take this too far

Hey I didn't care that he was singing and having fun, i was too! I didn't ask him to stop doing ANYTHING he was doing, he has a right to have fun and do whatever he wants, but was a fucking asshole beyond any of that. Pushing his ugly girlfriend up to the front because she couldn't see, didn't care who the fuck he was stepping on or pushing over, or the fact we already were on top of each other against the railing. Then he kept fucking trying to smoke, every other second, hiding it. Pissing everyone off. We're all two inches from each other asshole, do you mind giving us air to breathe. Then he spilled his beer on me of course, and kept falling over on me every second because he was wasted. He was just one of "those" guys. I didn't care that there was singing over my videos, I didn't even realize it until I got home. But the fact that HE was the voice on it is what pissed me off. If it was you or VA or something whose voice was all over it, I wouldn't have cared. Well maybe a little. HAHA! And it's not like I was recording that many songs, I think I did 5. I wanted to watch the rest of the time, there were just some songs I really like that I wanted, considering I will NEVER see Van Halen from the front row the rest of my life.

I can't actually say I know it's annoying that people hold up cameras and phones to video stuff. You know how many concerts I have been to the last 6-7 years...shit maybe one besides VH. To me it was all new. I never go to shows anymore, I've seen everyone I want to and it's too damn expensive. I don't know how you guys do it.
      Last edited by Brett; 02-24-2012, 02:18 AM.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
        I never go to shows anymore, I've seen everyone I want to and it's too damn expensive. I don't know how you guys do it.
        we don't live in our mother's basement, have a life and make some money...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
          We don't have basements in California.

Comment

• Mikk555
            Roth Army Recruit
            • Feb 2012

Now to have Alex act like Tommy Lee..................Titty Cams anyone??????????????????

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

If it was you or VA or something whose voice was all over it, I wouldn't have cared. Well maybe a little.
              Oh, you would have known if that was me singing bro.... It would have sounded like that episode on the Brady Bunch where Peter loses his voice.....

Unless I was drunk, of course....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

We don't have basements in California.

Comment

• Catfish
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Hey I didn't care that he was singing and having fun, i was too! I didn't ask him to stop doing ANYTHING he was doing, he has a right to have fun and do whatever he wants, but was a fucking asshole beyond any of that. Pushing his ugly girlfriend up to the front because she couldn't see, didn't care who the fuck he was stepping on or pushing over, or the fact we already were on top of each other against the railing. Then he kept fucking trying to smoke, every other second, hiding it. Pissing everyone off. We're all two inches from each other asshole, do you mind giving us air to breathe. Then he spilled his beer on me of course, and kept falling over on me every second because he was wasted. He was just one of "those" guys. I didn't care that there was singing over my videos, I didn't even realize it until I got home. But the fact that HE was the voice on it is what pissed me off. If it was you or VA or something whose voice was all over it, I wouldn't have cared. Well maybe a little. HAHA! And it's not like I was recording that many songs, I think I did 5. I wanted to watch the rest of the time, there were just some songs I really like that I wanted, considering I will NEVER see Van Halen from the front row the rest of my life.

I can't actually say I know it's annoying that people hold up cameras and phones to video stuff. You know how many concerts I have been to the last 6-7 years...shit maybe one besides VH. To me it was all new. I never go to shows anymore, I've seen everyone I want to and it's too damn expensive. I don't know how you guys do it.
                  Brett, you STILL edit every post you make after you post it? LOL!!! You old quick-on-the-trigger dog, you!

Comment

• Catfish
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

Brett, you're whining like a pussy. It seems to me you've been to too many VAN HAGAR shows, where everyone is tiptoeing and whispering and sobbing to heartfelt lyrics and not enough ROCK shows!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
                      And we don't have a massive collection of video games, cable or satellite TV. Hence why we all have extra money for concerts.

Comment

• Brett
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
                        Brett, you're whining like a pussy. It seems to me you've been to too many VAN HAGAR shows, where everyone is tiptoeing and whispering and sobbing to heartfelt lyrics and not enough ROCK shows!
                        Dude where have you been?

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Get A Hat Cam Up You.
                          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Catfish
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2004

Dude where have you been?
                            No shit, huh? The fire still rages. There is lots of pure black hate deep inside of me. But they get mad when I post at work

Comment

• Brett
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
                              No shit, huh? The fire still rages. There is lots of pure black hate deep inside of me. But they get mad when I post at work
                              F them.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Hey Hardrock...if one was interested in a digital audio recorder of some sort and also a camcorder with an external mic of some kind, do you have any suggestions?

Just curious if there was somethign that was nice and compact and was worth the expense = would provide a good result.
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...