Thread: DDE: Filming At The Van Halen Shows

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    There will always be someone else recording the show better than yourself and a sane person only needs the best recording from the tour or maybe the best couple.

I wish those hundreds of people that stand there all the way through gigs with their arms in the air pointing their phones at the stage for the whole gig would just fuck off and get a life. Ten seconds of footage to send to your pals to gloat about where you are is more than enough.

The recent recordings at the preview shows were an exception because they had a novelty value, the people from the site(s) were there in a kind of journalistic capacity and there were far fewer people at the shows.

Life is in the moment.

It always reminds me of being on a helicopter flying into the Grand Canyon and the other 5 people were all peering into their video camera lenses which in those days were little black and white things completely missing out on the experience itself. For what? To make a shitty video they will only watch once which is identical or worse than 1000 other videos they could also never watch again on the internet.
    This is a great post, Semenmeister!

Looking back in live, I've wasted so much time--and probably lost out on so much--by video-ing events instead of just taking fucking pictures. Pictures, you share. You never share video. And half the time your video is crap. You're right--someone at the show will do a better job than you. So just enjoy his shit.

Now, if I thought I could bring my Canon Rebel with telephoto lens in and get away with it, I'd LOVE to do that.

Bottom feeder
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ZahZoo View Post
    This should be interesting... I believe it's the venues that set the policy on what you can bring in... not "the singer".

At best they may allow small digital cameras with fixed lenses... but even some venues won't allow that.
    You'll never get it. It's not a "singer." It's DAVID LEE ROTH, you Spammy dick-suck!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    You'll never get it. It's not a "singer." It's DAVID LEE ROTH, you Spammy dick-suck!
    Geez CuntFish™... talk about not getting it...

A classic Diamond Dave'ism is to refer to someone by role when throwing a subtle jab their way... it's a clever tactic to minimize the recipient to an object to mask the personal attack. I know that's too deep for your tiny pea brain to comprehend...

Try and keep up Junior...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Thread Information