• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Or (it gets deep now)

odd or even parity !
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Lets not go all CRC, parity was the bytemaster !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
        And not ONE of you saw a VAGINA during any of this time......

not true here either.

one of the lunchroom ladies at HS ran a BBS on their Apple II. her daughter was a hot ginger with big tits. they threw a BBQ at the beach one summer and the daughter and i spent most of it groping each other in the lake.

then at the job with the mainframe, my then GF would come downtown after i got done so we could go to a concert or something. we'd kill a little time before the show on the exec secretary's desk, or on the big "sample table" down in the sewing room. being the last one there had it's advantages sometimes.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by conmee
          Brethren and Sistren,

I'm gonna init this topic by calling on all ATARIfanatics™©®, AMIGAistos™©®, ALTAIRians™©®, COBOLers™©®, PASCALers™©®, FORTRANnies™©®, C+ians™©®, LISPers™©®, AssemblyBarbarians™©®, AppleIIers™©®, UNIXgeeks (AIX 7 Bitches!)™©®, SUN & Solaris Refugees™©®, ONEHITWONDERS (Coleco, Commodore64+Vic20, TI-99ers, TimexSinclair, TRS80)™©®, MAINFRAMErs™©®, UNIVACians™©®, DOSdweebs™©®, CP/Mers™©®, OS/2ers™©®, WINDOZErs™©®, MacOSers™©®, MAME/MESS Emulatorians™©®, JAVAristas™©®, BASICdorks™©®, PUNCHCARDretirees™©®, TECHIES™©®, GAMERS (PlayStation, XBox, Nintendo, SNES, Atari, PC, all of it)™©®, GUI/ObjectOrientedPussies™©®, and COMMAND LINE GODS™©®!!!!!

This thread is about sharing a) Your Bio & KUNG FU CREDENTIALS™©®; b) Killer Tech Moves and Secrets; c) Gaming Prowess; d) Photos and Stories of Past/Present/Future; e) Serving Hot Cups of SHUTTHEFUCKUP™©® to the ILL-INFORMED™©® and those WITHOUT GAME (Don't Sing It, If You Can't Bring It!)™©®...

That is all.

Icon™©®
          The language in this post alone is frightening...

When you tekkies were having green screen visions of command prompt sugar plums™©® dancing through your heads, I was ripping guitars apart, re-wiring, re-painting, trying to convert right hand whammy bars to the proper left hand, ect...

I was anti-school, anti-computer...

I used to skip school with a bunch of kids and we would go to my house, smoke weed, and I would jam out for them until we had to go back to school so we could catch the bus back home...

Those were the days...

Not dissin' just sayin'

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hey, I had a guitar too.... I just never could play the goddamn thing
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
              Still have my old Atari 2600 and a dozen or so game cartridges, but the Commodore 64, and Vic 20 are long gone, and I don't think I ever even took the Timex/Sinclair 1000 out of the goddamn box.

we had a 2600 but wanted to get a ColecoVision when they came out. mom said we could get one if we found someone to buy the 2600, and we had to put the funds gained toward the 2600 adapter. friend of ours loved to play Video Pinball, so we sold the 2600 and pinball cart to him. still have the CV and the adapter, the original boxes are still in my mom's attic. i gotta get over there one day and grab those.

later mom was at a local appliance store and they were blowing out the Bally Astrocade systems, she grabbed one and a pile of games all for under $100. i shoulda took that when i moved out of her place in '89, not sure if it's still there. there is a cool vintage toy store in Cleveland and he usually has an Astrocade but he wants stupid money for it.

got the C64 for Christmas, i went to what used to be Children's Palace to buy the disk drive. they were what, over $200? so i go in there with a wad of lunch money i'd saved up. i remember getting maybe under $20 back in change and the cashier making a joke about being careful with that much money. dad cheaped out and bought me the tape drive and i struggled with that for maybe a month.

Originally posted by FORD
              Tried using that MAME emulator a few years back, but I never got any decent games to work with it, so I got bored with it. Maybe they have improved it since then. Might be easier to try to figure that out than attempting to plug the old Atari into a modern TV.
              if you just want to play 2600 games, get Stella. it's the best 2600 emu out there. the ROMS are easy to find, too.

i bought a Wii just to mod it to run emulators. i have 2600, 7800, CV, MAME, Sega Genesis, and C64. can't remember the last time i even had that sucker plugged in, though.

may not be easy finding a new TV with the correct inputs. i modded my ColecoVision to work on composite inputs, there is a mod for most of the major systems. the 26" Vizio i bought for a PC monitor has composite in, but the 46" i have in the living room only has HDMI, component, and VGA ins.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by conmee
                I think BenJammin mentioned being a COBOLer™©® and droppin' names like UNIVAC™©® and Honeywell... Well... when I was a UNIX (AIX)™©® MASTURBATOR™©® in the early 90s at a credit union, we had this old ass HONEYWELL/BULL DPS/6 computer to do all our processing, and it was the size of a couple refrigerators and a backyard BBQ™©® all in one.
                Oh man Honeywell™©® brings back mammaries...

After rejecting the world of law after my first job being with a Grisham style FIRM™©® I bluffed my way into an IT job way way over my head at the city's maternity hospital not realising I would be the only guy there doing IT Support.

Around the second day their Honeywell monster thing which took up half a room went down, no one could register new babies in the city. I puzzled over this for a while. I tracked the network cable all around the building, this thing was on a COAX ring network so if the connection to any terminal in the hospital came loose the whole thing went down, genius!

I distinctly remember having to move placentas out of the way to get behind these things to check the connections. It all looked fine so I went back and sat down looking at this big brown slab of a thing for a bit.

I didn't even have a root password for it and then was inspired. I independently came to the most important law of IT support. I switched it off and on again. I know this sounds so obvious a thing to do to the kids these days but when you are doing it by flicking a switch half the size of your arm back then ending a huge amount of whirring and droning it seemed a brave thing to do.

Needless to say it worked a treat and from that day all the staff in the hospital thought I was a fucking genius GURU™©® who could save them the expensive call out and long waits for the Honeywell engineers.

I never ever switched it on and off in front of witnesses to give away my secret and did it on demand every week or two for 18 months...

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                  I independently came to the most important law of IT support. I switched it off and on again.
                  at Progressive i'd call the help desk when my PC would jam up during a quote. they'd go through three things to try and then they'd tell you to reboot...so i quit calling the help desk and would just reboot.

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Anybody else remember dialing into this with their 1200 baud modem?

This was the company which eventually became America Online. And yes, they sucked then too!
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Q-link software came bundled with something called GEOS, which was the C-64 attempt to run a GUI at the time when the original Macintosh was getting popular.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

For some reason the Atari 2600™ game that I always remember is Adventure™.

I think it's because of the extraordinary difference between the packaging and marketing

and the game itself which had somewhat limited graphics and gameplay. Even then I was somehow expecting a fully immersive D&D style adventure game travelling an alternate universe, fighting dragons and winning their treasure.

Out of the box some of you will remember you were confronted with stuff like this where our intrepid adventurer is in the catacombs of the White Castle, carrying the White Key and being chased by the dragon, Grundle...

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Comment

• Panamark
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

On a serious note, any of you guys looking after XP networks at the moment ?
                            MS have sent out several forced IE8 updates that have nuked the iertutil.dll file
                            causing explorer to not even load on boot. Trigger seems to be PC's that
                            had IE8 already, being forced to reinstall IE8.

Its a bitch, I thought we had malware in one of our updates,
                            some googling today revealed people all over the world
                            are getting it. Not all PC's though, I reckon 30% of a very
                            large network I look after... MS have said "something"
                            but I have no idea if they have fixed it, or are even attempting
                            to.. Anyone else copping this ??

PC hangs at desktop with Explorer.exe error iertutil.dll file
                            missing....
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I haven't heard about that one yet, I haven't looked after a network for years and my knowledge of even AD is diminishing rapidly.

I am convinced though that security updates and AV software cause far far more damage and expense each year than security violations or viruses.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Dp!!!!
                                Last edited by Seshmeister; 02-17-2012, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Working...